PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This might be the best OL of the Brady run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was abused in SB 42 too. Granted that Giants Dline was fantastic. But the guy got pushed around in big games. I know some feel sorry for him because he got drafted right after the Pats won their third SB, and then traded before they won their fourth SB. But the guy had a chance to make a bigger impact in huge games. He did not.

So in his 17 playoff games how many was he pushed around in?

The narrative, "Logan Mankins got pushed around in big games" is ********

He got pushed around in SB 42 and 46. The game that directly determines if you will be SB champ or not. Those are big games. There was a title game against Baltimore he got abused too. He was a good player. Never truly elite imo.
Way off base and misguided. I'm not debating this

I am not upset they walked away from Solder at $16M. Is Solder even better than Brown?

From my POV Solder was more consistent but a lesser tackle than Brown at his best. The problem is that Brown sometimes -- especially in run blocking -- is not in full control of his impressive physique.

I don't know what they did to Brown to make him better in this playoff run so far, that guy was usually good during the first half, and becomes an holding plenty drawing machine during the regular season. The past 2 games however, he hasn't got any of that. They must have promised him unlimited ice cream for life or something for that...
Not just any ice cream... Avoca...

Our offensive line has been better than lights out thus far in the playoffs.

They physically abused the chargers and that ridiculous 7 dB defense.

Against kc, our o line opened huge holes on the ground versus the kc base defense and when kc went with the 5 dL personnel, our o line kept Brady upright so he could pick apart the kc defense through the air,

Spectacular play!

If our o line and d line have a great game, we will win the Super Bowl! (Turnovers and health aside)

It’s coming together at the right time. Nothing about our offense is on tape because we were so inconsistent all year. Well maybe that strong pass blocking was working all along.

It’s coming together at the right time. Nothing about our offense is on tape because we were so inconsistent all year. Well maybe that strong pass blocking was working all along.
Yeah I agree, the O found its identity finally. Romo said the O morphed into what it is now after losing Gordon.

as long as michele puts up 100 yards we're going to be looking pretty
Well, having a 100+ yard rusher in the Belichick era definitely increases the odds of winning in a big way.

After Sunday’s game, they are now 60-1. Games like Sunday are a bit different when you essentially turn the ball over three times (2 INTs and a downs).

I generally agree, though I feel that you might be under-rating Neal a little.
I loved Neal too. Even Willie hestitated mixing it up with him . Had a upstanding career.

Just think Shaq is much more talented player. He's All Pro level without the accolades

Dante has done an excellent job coaching these guys... as the progression for this unit is obvious both in the pass and run game.

The use of Develin/Gronk/Allen to supplement these guys has been helpful.. gotta figure out a way to hang on to Brown as he has been excellent on this run..

The Pats have also controlled the Time of Possession partially due to great O Line play..

2 QB hits and 0 sacks in the Chargers game, holy crap!!
1 QB hit and 0 sacks in the KC Game.. wow!!!
Joey who?? Justin who??

over all, maybe, but the work of art as of now is the superbowl against the Panthers....they steamrolled a group of badass dudes in that game....daniel graham caught a bunch of passes AND made Mike Rucker look like a fool

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News