PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Chiefs team is garbage

Wilson already has won a Super Bowl and guided that team to success even during rebuilding years. It is incredible he isn't talked about as equal to Aaron Rodgers based on how much Wilson does for that franchise.

The NYFL likes to call Rodgers the comeback kid but in half the time Wilson has him beat.

if the league was rigged against them i guess the refs have missed the memo lol that game against indy last week the refs basically did everything they could to give kc a chance to win

Yeah, I agree. I am one that firmly believes that the refs can influence games and it is done knowingly.

At some point this week (after being able to compile all the numbers and accomplishments), I’d like to post a poll on here.

As of now, which QB deserves All-NFL 2010s Second Team?

Brady is, according to everything I’ve seen, a lock for first team, as championships are are weighted heavily for quarterbacks.

Second team is very interesting, especially with Wilson’s 2019 campaign right now. I’d like to do some comprehensive facts before posting it, but some basic stuff here:

The race is between Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson (Ryan would probably be 4th, Roethlisberger or Manning 2010-14 would be 5th).

The accomplishments are only supposed to count 2010-19, so technically Brees’s SB and SB MVP would not count, though voters have final say.

• Brees: 2X All-Pro (not distinguishing 1st/2nd team), 4 playoff wins
  • Wilson: 0x All-Pro (surprising), 8 playoff wins, 2 conference titles, 1 SB
  • Rodgers: 2X MVP, 3X All-Pro, 9 playoff wins, 1 conference title, 1 SB (SB MVP)
Who would you choose?
Wilson. He covers all bases.

-SB Champion
-High football IQ
-Wins ON THE ROAD
-Can play in inclement weather
-Carries his franchise
-Able to improvise if play breaks down
-Accurate/Efficient as hell
-Rarely turns the ball over
-Leader

Facts.

-Russell Wilson is a top 3 QB in this league.
-Russell Wilson is currently the MVP.
-Whoever thinks otherwise is foolish.

It has been 6 games. People are foolish for waiting for the whole season before deciding? :rolleyes:

It has been 6 games. People are foolish for waiting for the whole season before deciding? :rolleyes:
Yeah. He’s been a top 3 QB for a while now and has been playing lights out. Also, notice I said currently the MVP. Therefore, people who wait until after the season to rate what is currently happening are, well... foolish.

The Chiefs didn't gain a first down on two 4th quarter drives against:

Lonnie Johnson Jr.
Phillip Gaines
Keion Crossen

You haven't heard?

Mahomes can/is only successful bc of Andy.

Yes People actually believe that.

Something I've considered after these last 2 games and goes back to something we talked about recently about Mahomes not being great as a reader of defenses/post/pre-snap (not that he is bad. Just not something he excels at).

I feel like that was really hammered home these past 2 games and it made something occur to me. This ankle injury IMO would probably be relatively minor on a certain type of QB. Brady, Peyton or Brees with a similar injury could probably still play 95% effectively on it due to their style of play.

Whereas Mahomes often leans so much on his outstanding physical gifts. Trying to throw ball off balance, on the run, across your body, with even a fairly minor ankle injury probably adds an incredible amount of difficulty.

It makes me wonder about how even minor injuries may effect his game throughout his early career. I'd be curious to hear your take on that.

Last edited:
Mahomes had a fumble and pick today.

Brady had a fumble and a pick on Thursday.

People just love hating on Brady more

Also that 46 yard TD pass to Hill is something I give him no credit for. It was at best a jump ball. In reality the defender had better position on it but Hill made an amazing play and the defender messed it up. That should have been an interception and instead he is rewarded with a 46 yard TD.

Last edited:
yes, its early in the season, but you have to feel good about the Pats chances of making sure that the road to the superbowl runs through foxborough. Kansas city has some tough games coming up against the Packers and Vikings, and lets not forget the Chargers while struggling have a pretty good running game.

And right now Pats have a 2 game lead in the loss record.

yes, its early in the season, but you have to feel good about the Pats chances of making sure that the road to the superbowl runs through foxborough. Kansas city has some tough games coming up against the Packers and Vikings, and lets not forget the Chargers while struggling have a pretty good running game.

And right now Pats have a 2 game lead in the loss record.

Right now the 3 most important games on the Pats schedule at Bills, @ Texans and KC. They really can't afford to lose any of them. While they have a 2 game lead losing to either KC or Texans gives them a tie breaker which is really like losing 1.5 games.

There is a chance the Bills game may not matter that much come week 16 but they may still be in the hunt for the division if we don't take care of business at that point. Hopefully they are just looking to rest realizing they will not get a bye and take it easy. Probably not though.

Right now the 3 most important games on the Pats schedule at Bills, @ Texans and KC. They really can't afford to lose any of them. While they have a 2 game lead losing to either KC or Texans gives them a tie breaker which is really like losing 1.5 games.

There is a chance the Bills game may not matter that much come week 16 but they may still be in the hunt for the division if we don't take care of business at that point. Hopefully they are just looking to rest realizing they will not get a bye and take it easy. Probably not though.

The Ravens game is important too. They are 4-2 and in first place in the AFC North.

Red Andy Reid is a stupid coach.

Clearly the KC defense is their weakest unit this season as they were last season as well. Instead of engineering long time consuming drives, Reid and Mahomes score in a few plays. Reid allows Mahomes to do it. The fans and the NFL go crazy over the highlight reels. Reid is looked upon as a greatest offensive mind in the game. And, he may be, but he is not a great HC if youre measuring greatness by championships.

Championship programs are determined by trophies. Yankees, Patriots, Canadians.

The Ravens game is important too. They are 4-2 and in first place in the AFC North.

I'm not really a believer in them at this point. They have +44 point differential and beat Miami 59-10 week 1. Since then they are 3-2 with overall -5 points.

This is what they look like in those other games

Cardinals (2-3-1) 17 @ Ravens 23 - Win. AZ is actually worse than that 2-3-1 indicates.
Ravens 28 @ KC 33 (4-2) - Loss - This was an okay showing but not as good as the score says. It was 30-13 after 3 quarters and KC just kind of sat on their lead and played prevent.
Browns 40 (2-4) @ Ravens 25 - Loss
Ravens 26 @ Steelers 23 in OT (2-4) - Win. Against a 3rd string QB for the 2nd half.
Bengals 17 (0-6) @ Ravens 23 - Win.

I find it hard to be worried about this team.

Seattle is absolutely going to curb stomp them next week. I expect us to do the same after their bye dropping them to 4-4 and in the review mirror. Even if they somehow beat us they have to play teams like the 49ers, Texans, Rams and Bills. Frankly I see them going 8-8.

They are an averaged team to below average team. Water just needs time to seek its level.

Last edited:
Seattle is absolutely going to curb stomp them next week. I expect us to do the same after their bye dropping them to 4-4 and in the review mirror. Even if they somehow beat us they have to play teams like the 49ers, Texans, Rams and Bills. Frankly I see them going 8-8.

They are an averaged team to below average team. Water just needs time to seek its level.

Just to add to that thought, 8-8 or 9-7 may well win the unjustifiably 'vaunted' AFCN. While every opponent should be taken seriously in a season that consists of only 16 games there's not a team in that division that is cause for serious concern beyond the normal 'any given Sunday' aspect

I'm not really a believer in them at this point. They have +44 point differential and beat Miami 59-10 week 1. Since then they are 3-2 with overall -5 points.

This is what they look like in those other games

Cardinals (2-3-1) 17 @ Ravens 23 - Win. AZ is actually worse than that 2-3-1 indicates.
Ravens 28 @ KC 33 (4-2) - Loss - This was an okay showing but not as good as the score says. It was 30-13 after 3 quarters and KC just kind of sat on their lead and played prevent.
Browns 40 (2-4) @ Ravens 25 - Loss
Ravens 26 @ Steelers 23 in OT (2-4) - Win. Against a 3rd string QB for the 2nd half.
Bengals 17 @ Ravens 23 - (0-6) Win.

I find it hard to be worried about this team.

Oakland is one game back of them. I know it's early, but who would have thought that Oakland would be knocking on KC's door, and that is without whats his name.

Everyone wants to prop up the likes of Goff-Mahomes-Watson-The Cleveland Blamer etc...

The League has a legit star in Seattle. I know not everyone in here liked Wilson, but he’s the guy I’d want if not for Brady. Proven winner.
SmartSelect_20191014-125421_Firefox.jpg

Heehee. Never said “he’s not a weird drama queen”. Just said he was a winner !
Yea I like him just fine. It is weird that in the most macho American sport, with QB being the alpha male, he chooses to cry on National TV right after a game.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back