PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They are trying to make a big deal about BB's "death stare" to Dana Jacobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of this.

IMG_0569.JPG

Both complete non issues that the media sensationalized.

I don't think BB was being an ass. The way she said "thank you" was very spontaneous and he wasn't expecting that. It took a second for him to process that.
I don't really think there's anything more to it than that. People have way too much free time in their lives to complain about s*** like this.

Look, many would agree that BB can be a ****. But he is our ****. Sometimes his ****ness is indefensible. I just wish that the best coach of all time would be a little bit more respectful and accommodating. How bout taking a lead from the GOAT. or Slate, or McCourty, etc.
So you are saying he should be nice to the media and they will be nice to him. I think he has the media figured out just right. Answer one question about AB and 200 will follow.
If he says he won't answer questions about a certain subject and the media keeps asking those questions they deserve a "death stare".

If he says he won't answer questions about a certain subject and the media keeps asking those questions they deserve a "death stare".
Certainly sends the message that not even being on live TV will save you. It will just lead to what reporters hate more than anything - seconds of dead air - and a look from him that you probably won't forget. :cool:

The video is all you need to see because it was certainly an uncomfortable interaction. Again, give him credit, zero cares given about the fact he knew he was doing it on TV. The guy is fearless.

I used to dislike the way BB acted with the media but now I like it. The change came after one of the SB wins. There's been so many that I forget which one.

Before he arrived here he was called "duplicitous pond scum" by one of the local newspaper writers and has been the target of many others, just as in this case. He's paying them all back in spades.

Maybe, some day, Belichick will write a revealing book of his time in the NYFL. Hopefully I'll live long enough to see it.

I don't think BB was being an ass. The way she said "thank you" was very spontaneous and he wasn't expecting that. It took a second for him to process that.
I don't really think there's anything more to it than that. People have way too much free time in their lives to complain about s*** like this.
LOL, it doesn't take Belichick long to process anything when it comes to dealing with the media. He knew what he was doing ;)

From Wikipedia:

I am gonna give her the benefit of the doubt and say that was not her talking, but the vodka.

Guys, let's not go down that road in this thread, please :cool:

I loved Grande's reaction

Last edited:
If they agreed not to ask AB -related questions and they didn't live up to their agreement, making her uncomfortable for a few seconds was being kind.

On yesterday's telecast did they say she and Sean Grande are getting married?

New England Patriots' Bill Belichick slammed for giving reporter 'death stare' after Antonio Brown question

Gee, no wonder BB doesn't want to answer your dumb questions. He was clearly in pre-game mode and focused on the Jets. He stood by for a bit to make sure she didn't have a question about the game. Naturally, it's being picked apart by the twitter idiots.

Twitter the cess pool of life. Seemingly all you need to support your thesis these days is 5 or 6 tweets from random twits and boom you are righteous. Hell that's all many articles are these days. Its sad. 14% of the US population uses twitter in some capacity, and the majority of tweets come from just 10% of the users on Twitter. Now you are looking at just 1% of the US population, yet its seen by many as an end all be all of public opinion.

So @maust1013 you have no response but a sad face? I didn't really think you'd respond. You're more interested in taking cheap shots at posters, like the one in your sig line.

I'm sorry you didn't see the humor of my initial post or the amusement my sig is intended to provide, hence the response. I think life is too short to spend it being being angry and bitter

If they agreed not to ask AB -related questions and they didn't live up to their agreement, making her uncomfortable for a few seconds was being kind.

On yesterday's telecast did they say she and Sean Grande are getting married?

Her broadcast partners did

Why is this surprising?

1. BB has never been crazy about media interviews and conferences. It’s part of the league and game and he does it at least

2. AB is gone. To BB, that’s the end of it. Let it go

just my two cents

Anyone who has seen BB interact with Steve Burton will find this non surprising.

They certainly speak to Belichick being an equal opportunity guy, from many other previous interactions we know he likes Burton

Fake news media always gonna protect fake news media...always

They all HATE Belichick - can't name one member of the silver spoon, trust fund media (see Breer, Albert; see Bedard, Greg; see Kellerman, Max) that "likes" BB and doesn't take every chance to throw darts at the coach...former players now in media are the only folks with the "slightest" tinge of objectivity and fairness when it comes to Belichick

That's a "death stare"? Wow, low bar there.

And Dana didn't seem too troubled by it so why should anyone else?

That's a "death stare"? Wow, low bar there.

And Dana didn't seem too troubled by it so why should anyone else?

It's unfortunate the Beli-haters didn't notice her fiance joked about it, they'd look a bit less foolish if they had

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST