PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They’re writing us off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He argued the meaning of that one hard. Even threw the ever so conclusive, " even my wife has heard of athletic processing... so there.." at me. haha
I'll never forget that one. It's a staple come draft time.

"Yeah, but how is his wingspan and athletic processing?"

Dude! C'mon man.

Friendly banter between a husband and wife is not sexual harassment.

I say that respectfully.
Here's the quote:
Me: “Honey, if we just have sex tonight, I promise I’ll leave you alone for a week. You know you want to....”
Wife: “sigh..... fine.”
Now look at the bolded. It's pretty cut and dry here, black and white.

Sigh = she doesn't want to = No
No means No.

And Thelonious is a douchebag, always has been. This doesn't have anything to do with politics.

The last time the Steelers drafted a top-30 CB was when they drafted Ike Taylor (even this is debatable) in 2003. The last legitimate safety they drafted (again, debatable as to what you'd want a safety to actually do) was Troy Polamalu in 2003.

It's a damn good thing they've hit on a couple of those high picks in the front 7, because they cannot draft secondary to save their life, for the better part of 20 years.

RW and I were discussing the WRs specifically. There is no doubt they are one of the best, if not the best, at drafting WRs.

His comment was for WRs but you are right. They suck at drafting in the secondary
Yeah, it's the bigger point.

Sure, the Steelers hit on WRs, but they can't draft secondary to save their life. Broncos hit on RBs, but the last decent WR they drafted was burning a first rounder on Demariyus Thomas.

And say what you want about the Patriots at QB, but everyone who has backed up Brady (except Rohan Davey and Matt Gutierrez), have started games in this league.

The Ravens can't draft a WR either. Point being, and you well know this, is that EVERY team sucks at drafting, NOBODY hits on every draft pick, and the narrative that they do is ridiculous.

RW and I were discussing the WRs specifically. There is no doubt they are one of the best, if not the best, at drafting WRs.

And the Patriots are one of the best at drafting QBs and interior linemen. Every team has their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to drafting, no team is 100%.

Here's the quote:

No means No.

And Thelonious is a douchebag, always has been. This doesn't have anything to do with politics.
At the end of the day, I’m going to chalk this up to your never having been married and leave it at that.

Here's the quote:

No means No.

Interesting exchange.

I don't know if thats SH, bro.

We are talking about 2 married people engaging in consensual sex with an agreed-upon condition of the agreement.

Here's the quote:

No means No.

You can't translate words in a forum into sexual harassment without context.

In a healthy relationship that was simply friendly banter. It's so normal they've written hit comedy shows around it. Everyone Loves Raymond for example.

I'm not sure what you're seeing there.

And the Patriots are one of the best at drafting QBs and interior linemen. Every team has their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to drafting, no team is 100%.

This is interesting. @maineman209 posted about this a while ago. I believe he said the Steelers also drafted more receivers or spent more draft capital ( I don't want to hear it mr. Bacon) than the Patriots have.

So I wonder if it's teams are better or just prioritize how they spend their draft picks.

This is interesting. @maineman209 posted about this a while ago. I believe he said the Steelers also drafted more receivers or spent more draft capital ( I don't want to hear it mr. Bacon) than the Patriots have.

So I wonder if it's teams are better or just prioritize how they spend their draft picks.

If I recall, the Steelers have a similar ratio of busts at WR, but they've spent more / earlier picks and it's turned out pretty well. Of course, their best pick was a 6th rounder (sounds familiar), so it's tough to predict these things. Maybe our next WR will be an all time great. Who knows.

I smell a 3TD 300 yds+ Brady game brewing. Team is healthy, rested and playing at home. No excuses

Interesting exchange.

I don't know if thats SH, bro.

We are talking about 2 married people engaging in consensual sex with an agreed-upon condition of the agreement.
Sure, if that is the case. But what I quoted doesn't add that context. It reads as sexual assault without adding what you've written in bold.

But who really wants to add that caveat in a joke? Am I right? So what's the best solution? Come up with a different joke/analogy instead of using the one used. Just my 2 cents.

Sure, if that is the case. But what I quoted doesn't add that context. It reads as sexual assault without adding what you've written in bold.

But who really wants to add that caveat in a joke? Am I right? So what's the best solution? Come up with a different joke/analogy instead of using the one used. Just my 2 cents.
I get your point.

Can we get back on topic? This is bizarre.

They're not in the analysis business, they're in the Brady hating business.... basterds1 (1).jpg

If I recall, the Steelers have a similar ratio of busts at WR, but they've spent more / earlier picks and it's turned out pretty well. Of course, their best pick was a 6th rounder (sounds familiar), so it's tough to predict these things. Maybe our next WR will be an all time great. Who knows.
From 2000-2017, but my count Pitt is 7-21 at drafting WRs that last longer than 3 seasons with the team. Thats a 30% success rate.

Net-net they hit more than the Pats but they draft more with greater success.

Martavis Bryant was talented but he was a moron. Miss.
Markus Wheaton was a 3rd rounder and had a couple of decent years but he flamed out. Miss

6 in 18 years.

What does that tell you when over the same period they've signed and or traded for dozens of WRs,?

You have no idea what the projected Jules as. They are as hell weren't going to play him at QB
Tells me they know they can’t draft receivers. As for Jules I’d assume they drafted him hoping he could return punts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News