PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad part is some fans really believe this. It's almost like Boston fans, in general, reject Superstars in favor of "dirt dogs". Yes, let the losers in LA have Brady. We have Stidham kehd.
Bill Parcells rules about QB's: #11; don't be a celebrity QB. Tom Brady breaks this rule. He's gotta go. *sarcasm*

Good HS friend has a business interest in the MLS and to a lesser extent the NFL and has become friendly with Kraft over the past 10 years. He texted me today that Brady is as good as gone, unless something dramatically changes over the next week. He ended the text with:

“Not sure where he is going but Kraft acknowledged that they are not in negotiations with him.”

My friend is not Field Yates but what he heard independently sounds very much like what Yates tweeted out today.

Believe it or not....just passing along what I have heard.

What do the Pats have to offer Brady? A 34 year Edelman? I don't blame Tom if he does leave.

What do the Pats have to offer Brady? A 34 year Edelman? I don't blame Tom if he does leave.

I don't either. I also don't necessarily blame them if they let him. It all depends on their plan afterwards. You have to believe they saw this coming, given the negotiations and deal that happened last offseason. So I'm guessing they have a plan of action for the post Brady era, and I'll reserve judgment on them until I see what that is. It's a tough road: The vast majority of teams don't go from Montana to Young (who wasn't even intended to be the heir apparent when he was acquired). But if they feel they're in position to transition, so be it.

All that said, I'm not closing the door on Brady coming back yet, and that will always remain my first choice.

I have a feeling that Brady would much rather work with Josh McDaniels than Arthur Smith or Shane Steichen. Players can be acquired, but coaches are pretty firmly in place.

In reality there really is no bad guy in this whole thing. Brady will be 43. I certainly won't blame Bill at all for wanting to begin the reset and I don't blame Brady if he wants to go to a team where he can get another chance at a ring. I know today's media won't let there not be a bad guy but if you really look close the 2 sides have handled it pretty well - Brady asked to be a FA and the Pats granted it. Brady will hit FA and then the Pats can decide if they want to match any offer he gets. Pretty professional. All of the drama is really media driven for the clicks.

I see how it’s slowly setting in with the “head in the sand” crowd that the conflict between Tom and Bill is very real and will be the reason that at this time next week the best HC and QB tandem in NFL history will be no more.

I have a feeling that Brady would much rather work with Josh McDaniels than Arthur Smith or Shane Steichen. Players can be acquired, but coaches are pretty firmly in place.

True, but we don't even have the cap space to give him what he wants...

Imagine what the Pats can get for edelman from Brady's new team!!

Might as well "Tank for Trevor"

BB has created a culture that isn't for everyone. I personally believe Tom has had enough of that culture (see Gronk)
So while we were all laughing about the report, there were likely cracks in the organization and that includes the examples of both Gronk and Brady leaving in consecutive years because they don’t agree with Belichick’s culture.

That kind of feels exactly like what was suggested. Or no?

So while we were all laughing about the report, there were likely cracks in the organization and that includes the examples of both Gronk and Brady leaving in consecutive years because they don’t agree with Belichick’s culture.

I really don't think the culture has anything to do it with it for Brady. He wants to win and BB's culture has produced more winning than any org. I think it was more about whatever offer Bill gave him last August. He was insulted by it and asked to be a FA.

IMO you are overblowing the "cracks" narrative.

First, keep in mind these "cracks' have existed during a run of 3 Super Bowls during a 6 year period which Tom has allegedly had "issues" which means they have not been detrimental in nature to the team's performance.

The fact is Tom hasn't/didn't get the long term deal he wanted. Remember when questioned by the media about his contract last August, he said, "Ask Kraft" which means he was fine dealing with the "cracks" and just wanted his years and $.

I'm willing to believe Tom has evolved as a person and that has run counter to BB's financial and team building philosophy. Does that mean he is no longer compatible with the NEP and BB? No.

I firmly believe if Tom got his years and money these "cracks" would be a total non-issue.

Last edited:

With the caveat that Russini reported exactly what the Bengals told her to say during the whole taping thing rather than the truth, this is another claim that Brady may not have an overwhelming number of options.

If Tom and Bill friction is the problem, it doesn’t mean it’s that they’re clashing. A lot of players, most recently Gronk, have cited Belichick’s grinding style as a problem for career longevity. It’s posssible Brady wants a more laid back atmosphere at this point in his career.

I noticed that the narrative just changed in the media. Now it’s shifted to “Tom and Bill don’t like each other!” Just another desperate stab in the dark, and Aqib Talib is an idiot.

With the caveat that Russini reported exactly what the Bengals told her to say during the whole taping thing rather than the truth, this is another claim that Brady may not have an overwhelming number of options.

If the reporting is even somewhat accurate, and the suitors are Las Vegas, LA Chargers, and Tennessee, and Tennessee drops out, Brady would be stupid to leave. Raiders and Chargers are bottom of the barrel organizations.

I really don't think the culture has anything to do it with it for Brady. He wants to win and BB's culture has produced more winning than any org. I think it was more about whatever offer Bill gave him last August. He was insulted by it and asked to be a FA.
You may be right, but I was responding directly to a poster who specifically cited the culture, so that’s why I included it in my response.

We do know that Brady wasn’t happy with the Guerrero situation, as that was on full display in the documentary. We’ve also heard rumblings that Gronkowski felt the same way, so it’s quite possible that it is about more than money. I just find it odd that someone would stay here for 20 years, and then all of a sudden at the end of their illustrious career, they suddenly decide that they no longer wish to finish out their career and retire over money. Especially when it’s someone who’s part of a power couple arguably worth more than Jay-Z and Beyoncé. To me, this has to be about much more than just the financial aspect.

You may be right, but I was responding directly to a poster who specifically cited the culture, so that’s why I included it in my response.

We do know that Brady wasn’t happy with the Guerrero situation, as that was on full display in the documentary. We’ve also heard rumblings that Gronkowski felt the same way, so it’s quite possible that it is about more than money. I just find it odd that someone would stay here for 20 years, and then all of a sudden at the end of their illustrious career, they suddenly decide that they no longer wish to finish out their career and retire over money. Especially when it’s someone who’s part of a power couple arguably worth more than Jay-Z and Beyoncé. To me, this has to be about much more than just the financial aspect.
For sure it is complex. But the breaking point appears to be whatever the offer was in August. It was then that Brady asked to be a FA.

Peter King says "his gut has Brady leaving New England" King wants us to believe thats the only thing going on in that "gut" of his unreal.:rolleyes: Somebody should offer King a laxative.

I just don't see how we can keep him and give him weapons to win.
However I don't believe anything til its reported by a credible source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing