PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he’s made his mind up and has informed his agent to tell teams his decision.

It very well could be that SF and TEN opted against Brady just as it could be true that Brady told them they are out. More so Tennessee than San Fran. I just can’t see Vrabel actually picking Tannehill over him regardless of age.

I believe he’s made his mind up and has informed his agent to tell teams his decision.

It very well could be that SF and TEN opted against Brady just as it could be true that Brady told them they are out. More so Tennessee than San Fran. I just can’t see Vrabel actually picking Tannehill over him regardless of age.
Not necessarily Vrabel’s decision, he’s not the GM.

I do wonder if there are sleeper teams out there that have intentionally tried to stay quiet, like the Colts and the Giants. Giants would allow Brady to market his brand. Colts would be the ultimate FU to Kraft/BB if Brady really is upset with them. Wonder of either of those fan bases would ever truly embrace him though, the way the Bucs, Raiders, and Chargers would (oh, sorry, the Chargers don’t have a fan base....).

It's probably the fact that they had to use the franchise on the RB and needed a decision before Brady was willing to give one. People who like QBs like Tannehill or Cousins are free to do so but it won't get them too far.

It's probably the fact that they had to use the franchise on the RB and needed a decision before Brady was willing to give one. People who like QBs like Tannehill or Cousins are free to do so but it won't get them too far.

Usually you’re forced to like qbs like Cousins, Tannehill however I don’t get just go sign some heap guy till you find a guy. Cause giving him 100mill you still don’t have a guy

Or Brady’s “hot FA market” was almost entirely made up by his side.

Or Brady’s “hot FA market” was almost entirely made up by his side.

facepalm-animated-gif.gif

Brady: Don't believe any of the ******** coming out.

Patsgofor4: Brady's making up a bunch of ******** and hoping we'll all believe it!

C'mon, man

Florio just assaulted Schefter.

Calls him out for his constant bullsht about the Brady free agency and then at the end concludes Schefter does this in order to break the story first. Worth the read of clicking on it for the entire article, which further attacks Schefter’s reporting.

Which teams are "laying in wait" for Tom Brady? - ProFootballTalk

By all appearances, Brady will have to choose between Tampa Bay and staying put. And the very real prospect of no offseason program could make staying put more practical for Brady. Especially if “all these teams” ultimately amounts to just one team, in Tampa.

So why go out on a limb and suggest that a long list of teams are “laying in wait”? Well, sometimes, that’s the price that has to be paid to get a five-minutes head’s up on an agreement before the agreement is widely announced.

Come home tom.

You know you want to.

Tom isn’t dumb, and he realizes that Tampa Bay doesn’t give him anywhere near the shot of winning as does New England.

He’s smart and savvy enough to not ruin his reputation and legacy by missing the playoffs, or making short runs in the postseason. He knows he’ll be remembered, in part, by that, and he cares too much to allow that.

He’ll stay put, but is stringing this out as long as possible for leverage.

Last edited:
Tom isn’t dumb, and he realizes that Tampa Bay doesn’t give him anywhere near the shot of winning as does New England.

He’ll stay put, but is stringing this out as long as possible for leverage.

Well in that case he’s got till Wednesday.

Tampa Bay doesn’t give him anywhere near the shot of winning as does New England.

Tampa Bay was 7-9 last year, with Winston, and has a lot of cap room. The Patriots got taken out in their first playoff game last year, and has much less cap room. Tampa Bay clearly has the better passing weapons. Tampa Bay has a 2 time winner of Coach of the Year.

So where does the theory that Tampa Bay doesn't give Brady "anywhere near the shot of winning as does New England" come from? On what football reasons is it based, in your opinion?

Tampa Bay was 7-9 last year, with Winston, and has a lot of cap room. The Patriots got taken out in their first playoff game last year, and has much less cap room. Tampa Bay clearly has the better passing weapons. Tampa Bay has a 2 time winner of Coach of the Year.

So where does the theory that Tampa Bay doesn't give Brady "anywhere near the shot of winning as does New England" come from? On what football reasons is it based, in your opinion?

Continuity with coaching staff and certain personnel (Belichick, McDaniels, Edelman, White).

Realizing that Belichick is the better overall coach than Arians, when it comes to fully and completely preparing a team to play consistently well, over the course of 16 games.

Continuity with coaching staff and certain personnel (Belichick, McDaniels, Edelman, White).

Realizing that Belichick is the better overall coach than Arians, when it comes to fully and completely preparing a team to play consistently well, over the course of 16 games.

Brady won’t be able to handle the lax environment of “the playerz coach” Bruce Arians. Dude sucks, I don’t care how many coach of the year awards he won undeservedly. He also might not be able to start playing with his new team for months due to the outbreak. Great match from a personnel standpoint. Disaster potential otherwise.

Continuity? The Patriots are short-staffed, but sure. We'll take continuity of about 4 people, and we'll take BB v. Arians.

That's nowhere near enough to equal "Tampa Bay doesn't give Brady anywhere near the shot of winning as does New England". Just ask Tennessee.

Brady won’t be able to handle the lax environment of “the playerz coach” Bruce Arians. Dude sucks, I don’t care how many coach of the year awards he won undeservedly. He also might not be able to start playing with his new team for months due to the outbreak. Great match from a personnel standpoint. Disaster potential otherwise.

Coach of the year is pretty much an award for a team who’s exceeded expectations. Since BB is expected to go 14-2 each season its harder for him to win. The year Arians won in Indy he took over a colts squad who sucked for luck to the tune of 2-14. Obviously with luck under center that was a major upgrade from Curtis painter and they had one of the easiest 2012 SOS hence the 11-5 season. Grigson ended up failing but he did have a solid draft that season (luck, fleener, Allen and Hilton).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes