PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really going to invoke oddsmakers over a guy who is almost certainly getting 1st or 2nd hand info from the Brady camp?

Absolutely. Regardless of the information he has, he should consider that objectively, Brady is still considered more likely (by a fairly big margin) to return to the Patriots. Many journalists in different industries routinely consider oddsmakers takes to balance out what they think they know.

Numerous times this offseason “Brady back to the Patriots is doomed” stories have come out and the bookmakers have held firm. That skepticism was demonstrated today when Tennessee dropped out of the running...remember Jeff Darlington’s Brady To Tennessee!!! turd with Adam Schefter along for the ride? Yeah...that seems pretty silly now considering they didn’t even want him. But he was just sooooo certain and claimed to have an inside line directly to Brady.

Didn’t Curran also report that Brady had like 8 interested teams and 4 willing to make him offers? Have to consider if he’s a close to the Brady camp, there’s the idea that they’re giving him their very unobjectionable view of the market, which happens very, very often in free agency.

I’m not saying he’s intentionally misleading the public or that Brady is manipulating him. I’m just saying that there are tell tale signs that his reporting might be bunk.

People who have said Brady back to the Patriots, sure thing, have gained my scorn too. There’s a very reasonable chance he could leave.

C'mon man. Curran is as dialed in as anyone has been in our organization since the days when Borges was basically Bledsoe's mouthpiece. Are you really going to invoke oddsmakers over a guy who is almost certainly getting 1st or 2nd hand info from the Brady camp?

Maybe you're not normally guilty of it but it will never cease to amaze me how many adults on this forum go right for the fake news button because they don't like what a report says.

Until signatures are on the dotted line, who knows what will happen but I think it is safe to say that Curran is accurately representing the current disposition of the Brady camp.

I disagree. Dont think Curran is anywhere near as dialed in as you think.
He USED to be. I believe he has lost a lot of cred and trust with Brady,BB, the Pats org and players, due to his constant gossiping,rumor- mongering etc.
I'd lay serious money Reiss has much better access to all of the above. And not just him. Curran is nowhere near what he used to be.

I disagree. Dont think Curran is anywhere near as dialed in as you think.
He USED to be. I believe he has lost a lot of cred and trust with Brady,BB, the Pats org and players, due to his constant gossiping,rumor- mongering etc.
I'd lay serious money Reiss has much better access to all of the above. And not just him. Curran is nowhere near what he used to be.
I think no reporter has better access to the Patriots side of thing (I.e. the Krafts) than Reiss. But Curran seems closer to the Brady camp than Reiss is.

I think no reporter has better access to the Patriots side of thing (I.e. the Krafts) than Reiss. But Curran seems closer to the Brady camp than Reiss is.

I agree he used to be. Don't think that's been the case for at least the last 2 years.
He's posted stuff about Brady on a number of occassions that turned out to be false. And long b4 this current stuff. Going back a few years. I think there's several sports journalists closer to Brady than Curran.

Hearing the CDC has strongly recommended Tom Brady stay in New England

In the end, I think Brady stays. A) He doesn't want a Montana or Favre situation. B) He won't want to uproot his family. C) He knows the Pats are his best opportunity at another ring.

An out of left field development would be Brady just retiring. But I I can't see that happening. Do the right thing Tom. Please.

In the end, I think Brady stays. A) He doesn't want a Montana or Favre situation. B) He won't want to uproot his family. C) He knows the Pats are his best opportunity at another ring.

An out of left field development would be Brady just retiring. But I I can't see that happening. Do the right thing Tom. Please.
A) Says who?
B) He already did
C) The Wild Card losers?

Chargers Raiders and the shocker Colts could be the secret team in play.
How much would they love to stick it to Kraft to sign Brady

Ignoring the rivalry history, the Colts probably make the most sense. If they are willing to pay Rivers for a two years, maybe they'll just throw a few more bucks at Brady.

Those are the conclusions that we as fans draw if we were to put ourselves in his shoes. And it isn’t homerism because fans of other teams, other voices throughout the league have universally said Brady should retire a Patriot. But Brady isn’t wired the same way as most people, and there’s clearly some very heavy baggage between him and the team. Otherwise sure seems like an obvious decision to stay.

Tampa is a lot better than Arizona was and its not even close. But yeah, I just can’t see Brady taking that team past the first round even with the receivers in place.

There defense wasn’t bad and that’s with the offense committing all time turnover numbers. Add AB/Brady to Evans/Goodwin/Howard and you have one of the best offenses in the league. Definite title contenders

A) Says who?
B) He already did
C) The Wild Card losers?

A) Says my guess. Just like everyone else is speculating.

B) Quite different uprooting your family from Boston to NY (Or Conneticut). Compared to say leaving for Tampa and LA.

C) Correct. But every time one part of the team struggled (Offense, ST's, or D), BB has fixed it (Not perfect mind you).

There defense wasn’t bad and that’s with the offense committing all time turnover numbers. Add AB/Brady to Evans/Goodwin/Howard and you have one of the best offenses in the league. Definite title contenders

With what defense? Are the Bucs better than the Saints with Brady? I would say no.

Those are the conclusions that we as fans draw if we were to put ourselves in his shoes. And it isn’t homerism because fans of other teams, other voices throughout the league have universally said Brady should retire a Patriot. But Brady isn’t wired the same way as most people, and there’s clearly some very heavy baggage between him and the team. Otherwise sure seems like an obvious decision to stay.

I assume you mean between him and BB? I can see that. But it hasn't stopped Brady from excelling before.

With what defense? Are the Bucs better than the Saints with Brady? I would say no.

they’re defense was average last year is an average defense and a top 3 offense not title contenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back