PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get why we were willing to believe Curran a while back when he thought Brady would resign, but now that he’s saying differently, Curran is going for clicks?

I don’t like it either, but either Curran knows what’s going on or he doesn’t.

I was done with Curran when he spent 2008 saying brady was gonna miss another year.

Hes the definition of hysteria journalism

What do you mean by reset?

That bill rather not win? That bill rather give stid the practice year?

I'm confused. If Bill's goal isnt to win then whata the point?
He might rather win the SB in 2022 than finish 10-6 for the next two years.

I’ve always said - I don’t know what BB thinks about this squad. If this gang isn’t winning, he may choose to take his lumps for a couple of years while rebuilding the roster.

Brady doesn’t need to be on a team that is rebuilding. He should be competing for the SB.

He might rather win the SB in 2022 than finish 10-6 for the next two years.

I’ve always said - I don’t know what BB thinks about this squad. If this gang isn’t winning, he may choose to take his lumps for a couple of years while rebuilding the roster.

Brady doesn’t need to be on a team that is rebuilding. He should be competing for the SB.

But I DONT SEE how brady not being here helps that goal?

In fact if 10 and 6 is the bottom then I rather have my playoff runs with brady than dalton or stid.

If anything its brady who makes the defection because frankly that chargers squad looks alot prettier than next years pats.

But I DONT SEE how brady not being here helps that goal?

In fact if 10 and 6 is the bottom then I rather have my playoff runs with brady than dalton or stid.

If anything its brady who makes the defection because frankly that chargers squad looks alot prettier than next years pats.
The thinking would be : we aren’t winning the SB in the years within the Brady era. Therefore, we are going to forge ahead and see which QB, going forward, can achieve that goal.

In other words, you are accelerating the “finding of your next QB” by a year or two. And I admit, it’s a risky proposition. The probability of finding another diamond is minuscule. But, eventually, all players retire.

If Tanny signs with Tenn, Dak gets Franchised, it’s Bucs, or Chargers for Tommy Boy. And we don’t even know they want him.

Raiders would have to get rid of Carr and 9ers still won’t show their cards unless Brady contacts them. If he thinks they’ll contact him, he’s delusional.

Not many many options. It’s looking good for the Pats.

Pats have been operating under the assumption that the market for him is thin, which is turning out to be right.

You don’t win championships in the NFL by making decisions like this. But I’m glad the Titans did it anyway.

The #Titans have agreed to terms with QB Ryan Tannehill on a 4-year deal worth $118M, source says. He gets $91M in total guarantees and $62M in fully guaranteed money. A huge payday after leading Tennessee to the playoffs.

There's the money.

So the Titans have taken themselves out of contention until at least 2026. Any other good news?

Last edited:
Calling it now, Brady re-signs tonight

I think it’s either the Pats or the Chargers. Like I’ve said before, the Chargers need to make a splash, and Brady makes a splash.

Maybe let Brady take a call from the Chargers and then the Pats can match beat it.

I say go all in for the next 2 years, resign Brady and McCourty, have Gronk out of retirement, sign AB, and then everyone retires in 2 years after back to back SB victories to close out their careers.

Ridiculous lol. Wow.

Patrick Mahomes' agent talking to the Chiefs:

With what I'm about to do to you guys, do you want me to hold a gun while it's happening, so you can feel less shame?

Anyway we can keep McCourty and maybe Collins? I expect to lose thuney and van noy.

Tannehill has never won 9 games in the regular season.

Tannehill has never won 9 games in the regular season.
That guaranteed $$$..... wow. They DO know that while Henry looks great now, that bruising RBs aren’t immortal, right ?

Patrick Mahomes' agent talking to the Chiefs:

With what I'm about to do to you guys, do you want me to hold a gun while it's happening, so you can feel less shame?

If the cowboys offered 105 mil guaranteed then what is mahomey gonna ask for? Mahomey can say he is willing to take less but it’s BS! It’s still a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes