PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

When (not if) Henry gets hurt and play action becomes impotent, the Titans will rue the day they offered significant long term money to Tanny. For their sake, I hope the team’s negotiator has enough leverage to secure an affordable “out” for the team when Tanny regresses back to his mean

Not sure what kind of world we live in now but it still doesnt feel like one that brady would play for the bucs.

Butttttt that charger team with brady looks real good on paper.

Hes going there if bill doesnt stop playing

Not sure what kind of world we live in now but it still doesnt feel like one that brady would play for the bucs.

Butttttt that charger team with brady looks real good on paper.

Hes going there if bill doesnt stop playing
Maybe Bill isn’t “playing”, maybe he’s being an informed, calculating GM. Again, Brady gives NE its best shot in 2020. But is that best shot good enough to win ? If the answer is no, perhaps moving on is the way they’ll go.

Um...Matt Ryan. Brees. Newton at one time. Maybe the NFC north is a close second.

why are you doubling down on your wrong opinion

When (not if) Henry gets hurt and play action becomes impotent, the Titans will rue the day they offered significant long term money to Tanny. For their sake, I hope the team’s negotiator has enough leverage to secure an affordable “out” for the team when Tanny regresses back to his mean

He already did when he was missing receivers running open vs KC

Maybe Bill isn’t “playing”, maybe he’s being an informed, calculating GM. Again, Brady gives NE its best shot in 2020. But is that best shot good enough to win ? If the answer is no, perhaps moving on is the way they’ll go.

I'm done with these dumb comments.

Brady is the only reason we have a chance to win.

Bill can get away with cutting milloy, vinatieri, Samuel's, branch and whoever else they let go a year early instead of a year late.

He can get away with that as long as he has the greatest football player ever at the most important position to compensate for the lack of skilled talent on the team.

If bill cant figure out how to get brady under contract without ****ing up his cap than that's Bill's fault and hes not doing his job.

Alot of people pushing brady out the door and one can only presume they believe its the system and not the player.

Good 20% of this board have shown brady the lack of respect he deserves and perhaps shifted too much in the direction of bill.

Thanks Curran...care to address that oddsmakers have now moved him to -200 to return to New England, which is the highest chance to return in weeks? With Tennessee out, Tampa Bay is the new second most likely at +400, followed by SF at +600, LA Chargers +650, and Oakland +900.

You’re welcome for the actual likelihood from oddsmakers whose livelihood rests on actual objectivity instead of beat reporters whose livelihood rests on skewering the truth.

I'm done with these dumb comments.

Brady is the only reason we have a chance to win.

Bill can get away with cutting milloy, vinatieri, Samuel's, branch and whoever else they let go a year early instead of a year late.

He can get away with that as long as he has the greatest football player ever at the most important position to compensate for the lack of skilled talent on the team.

If bill cant figure out how to get brady under contract without ****ing up his cap than that's Bill's fault and hes not doing his job.

Alot of people pushing brady out the door and one can only presume they believe its the system and not the player.

Good 20% of this board have shown brady the lack of respect he deserves and perhaps shifted too much in the direction of bill.
If you think this team, as currently constituted, can win the SB with 2020 Brady, then that is your opinion.

To suggest that others, such as myself, are making dumb comments by pointing out that -MAYBE- BB thinks it’s time to reset... I also have repeatedly stated that if BB thinks there is enough for another run - Brady gives them the best shot.

You are being emotional. BB isn’t. Nor are some of us. I only care about winning the trophy or building towards winning the trophy. I trust BB feels the same way and that he’ll act accordingly.

Shifted ? Many of us love both Brady & BB. And some of us have always been BB first.

i always have felt the brady would come back. Somehow as it has gotten closer it seems brady wants to go elsewhere and start afresh . i doubt it s about contractt or weapons anymore wrt to pats.

It’s going to be very hard for Tom to crawl back to Bill. I can’t see him swallowing his pride to do it. Tampa and the Chargers might not be his only options.

Kraft wants him to retire and is still a big shot on the NFL broadcasting committee. ABC/ESPN is still looking for a new MNF commentator after Romo turned them down. We all know why Goober Manning can’t take the job- his little youthful indiscretion with a female trainer in college.

Brady would be great in the booth with Randy Moss and say Mike Tirico or Michigan alum Rich Eisen as the play by play guy. He might want to take $ 20 million to do that and remain very much in the public eye to help his business interests. It would not hurt 199 Productions to have a partnership with Disney.

If you think this team, as currently constituted, can win the SB with 2020 Brady, then that is your opinion.

To suggest that others, such as myself, are making dumb comments by pointing out that -MAYBE- BB thinks it’s time to reset... I also have repeatedly stated that if BB thinks there is enough for another run - Brady gives them the best shot.

You are being emotional. BB isn’t. Nor are some of us. I only care about winning the trophy or building towards winning the trophy. I trust BB feels the same way and that he’ll act accordingly.

Shifted ? Many of us love both Brady & BB. And some of us have always been BB first.

Naw not being emotional

Not one of you on that side of the argument has provided one alternative that makes this team better next year without brady while ALSO showing how it hamstrings the Pat's to sign him.

If anything its Brady who wants out because bill failed to do his job and provide him with a superbowl skilled team worth re upping for.

Bill put together the roster you're apparently not all that impressed by. Bradys skill set has nothing to do with that.

Bill has made the playoffs once without brady and if I'm going to have to pick a side I'm gonna side with the player because as bill says, the players play the game.

It's not an either or for me, if bill cant put together a winning team next year with a top 7 qb in the league then he ****ing blew his responsabilities for the year didnt he?

The pats would be 3 years minimum away from another top 10 qb and bill doesnt strike me as the kind of guy who's gonna wait around at his advanced NFL age.

it seems curran is rooting for brady to leave by constantly reminding of the same things .

Curran is no doubt stoking the flames that will increase the clicks he can get for his employer.

This kind of journalism is pathetic

Naw not being emotional

Not one of you on that side of the argument has provided one alternative that makes this team better next year without brady while ALSO showing how it hamstrings the Pat's to sign him.

If anything its Brady who wants out because bill failed to do his job and provide him with a superbowl skilled team worth re upping for.

Bill put together the roster you're apparently not all that impressed by. Bradys skill set has nothing to do with that.

Bill has made the playoffs once without brady and if I'm going to have to pick a side I'm gonna side with the player because as bill says, the players play the game.

It's not an either or for me, if bill cant put together a winning team next year with a top 7 qb in the league then he ****ing blew his responsabilities for the year didnt he?

The pats would be 3 years minimum away from another top 10 qb and bill doesnt strike me as the kind of guy who's gonna wait around at his advanced NFL age.
I’m not trying to make an argument they’ll be better... why are you even suggesting I am ?

My argument is : if they are going to reset because the trophy is out of reach for the 2020 season, it might make more sense to move on.

If Tanny signs with Tenn, Dak gets Franchised, it’s Bucs, or Chargers for Tommy Boy. And we don’t even know they want him.

Raiders would have to get rid of Carr and 9ers still won’t show their cards unless Brady contacts them. If he thinks they’ll contact him, he’s delusional.

Not many many options. It’s looking good for the Pats.

Curran is no doubt stoking the flames that will increase the clicks he can get for his employer.

This kind of journalism is pathetic
I don’t get why we were willing to believe Curran a while back when he thought Brady would resign, but now that he’s saying differently, Curran is going for clicks?

I don’t like it either, but either Curran knows what’s going on or he doesn’t.

I’m not trying to make an argument they’ll be better... why are you even suggesting I am ?

My argument is : if they are going to reset because the trophy is out of reach for the 2020 season, it might make more sense to move on.

What do you mean by reset?

That bill rather not win? That bill rather give stid the practice year?

I'm confused. If Bill's goal isnt to win then whata the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes