PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. "Presumptive favorites" Maybe to win the East. The Pats have won largely in years where other teams were the presumptive favorites - i.e. Seattle (2014), Atlanta (2016) and 2018 (Chiefs and Rams).

What separates NE and always has is its coaching and organizational structure and last I checked BB is still running things with Kraft writing the checks. We don't need a Brady caliber QB to win championships, just a solid QB who does not turn the ball over and manages the game well and then we just watch the rest of the league puke on themselves on our way to more Lombardi's. But I appreciate the sentiment. I know it must have been a nightmare the last two decades and the thought that BB just might find another QB would be too much to bear hence your post on our fansite to quell your fears ...

We need a game manager? How many SBs have been won by game managers?

We don’t win the SB against Seattle with a game manager. We went against the best D of this era and Brady drove for 2 TDS in the 4th qtr against them. Maybe only a few other QBs in history pull that game out.

We definitely don’t win the Atlanta SB with a game manager. In fact, only Brady could pull off the greatest comeback of all time.

The league isn’t gonna piss down it’s collective leg for the Pats.

Can't relate at all. I just don’t get why so many posters are this attached to one player. Love me some Brady, but if he moves on after two decades of excellence, I’m more than fine with that.

He’s given fans so many wins, so many iconic moments. But, to me, Brady is a chess piece used for winning. I don’t care about him as a person. I wish him well, but we aren’t family/friends.

I can't relate to a person who thinks that the G.O.A.T. is just a chess piece, yet spends enough mental energy on a game that he posts with some level of frequency on a message board. I mean, what the hell is the good of following a sport if it's nothing more than that?*

*I'm not really asking. I'm just noting my inability to relate to such reasoning.

If Brady does go to Tennessee I hope they get AB as well and win the SB
Another NE “fan” reveals himself as a NE Bradys fan and not a NE Patriots fan.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting Brady and his hypothetical new team to do well. But wanting them to do better than NE is over the line if you’re actually a Patriots fan.

Last edited:
I can't relate to a person who thinks that the G.O.A.T. is just a chess piece, yet spends enough mental energy on a game that he posts with some level of frequency on a message board. I mean, what the hell is the good of following a sport if it's nothing more than that?*

*I'm not really asking. I'm just noting my inability to relate to such reasoning.
I know you’re a massif Brady fan. Perhaps the most fiercely loyal on this site.

I’ll answer even though you are “not really asking”. I only care about the the winning. I want NE to win. If you told me they need to replace 50 players for the team to win next FEB, I’d be all for it. While I enjoy watching the players perform, the winning (regardless if it’s DMac, Harrison, Eugene Wilson... making the key play) is all that matters.

I am just as dumbfounded that fans have an emotional attachment to strangers.

I know you’re a massif Brady fan. Perhaps the most fiercely loyal on this site.

I’ll answer even though you are “not really asking”. I only care about the the winning. I want NE to win. If you told me they need to replace 50 players for the team to win next FEB, I’d be all for it. While I enjoy watching the players perform, the winning (regardless if it’s DMac, Harrison, Eugene Wilson... making the key play) is all that matters.

I wasn't really asking, because I understand the what. The "why" is the issue, and the only "why" that makes sense leads down dark psychological paths, which is why I wasn't asking about it.

See, here's the thing. Using your approach to fandom, the team is as irrelevant as the players. Hell, for that matter, the league is irrelevant, and you could better spend your time by rooting for local non-professional teams, or even just ignoring the games and limiting yourself to cheering on the standings, and the win/loss record, of a different random team each play period.

Without the players, the New England Patriots are the Cincinnati Bengals are the Ottawa Rough Riders are the B.C. Eagles are the Boston Latin Wolfpack.

Last edited:
Brady is staying.

That is all.

Football is a war game. You take a side. Players go down or leave...that's a casualty. Replace and continue the battle. The winning SIDE is what's important.

Football is a war game. You take a side. Players go down or leave...that's a casualty. Replace and continue the battle. The winning SIDE is what's important.

Football's a sport, not a war game.

Just to weigh in, I develop an attachment to the players, only as long as they are a part of this team. Getting to know who the guys on the team are as people adds to the excitement of rooting for them to succeed. But ultimately I want this team to play well and compete for SBs. If that is accomplished through letting old players go and bringing in new players, then I'll get to know those new players and start it all over again.

If Brady does go to Tennessee I hope they get AB as well and win the SB
I’d rather see him in a 49ers jersey.

Brady winning a title without BB would start the narrative he was the reason and Brady would love it.

I’d rather see him in a 49ers jersey.

Brady winning a title without BB would start the narrative he was the reason and Brady would love it.
I think Brady would of been very good anywhere but combined with Belichick genius made him great

This thread really brings out the oddballs.

I think Brady would of been very good anywhere but combined with Belichick genius made him great

Exactly what great coaching will do. In addition, Belichick is the de facto GM, so his impact is even greater.

Brady is staying.

That is all.
The only way he stays is if nobody else wants him. Pats don’t have the resources and time to get the pieces around for a 43 year old QB. Losing a 2nd round pick for Sanu really hurts. Not to mention, there’s hardly anybody available in FA that could help TB. And don’t bother mentioning Emmanuel Sanders, that ship sailed.

It’s a no brainer for the 49ers. Sign Brady, ditch Jimmy (who gets traded back to NE) and in two years the 49ers sign Kirk Cousins.

I like to get all of my life takes from guys facing 12-18 years in prison on a sexual assault conviction. That's especially true when it's a take that actual military people have dismissed as idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST