PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ryan Izzo makes the 53 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of "value", It seems to me that there's really only one relevant question regarding Allen's cap hit: "Can the Pats afford him?" Until something else cap-related changes, the answer is, "yes." At this point, his cap hit is a red herring in any discussion of his on-field tactical/strategic value relative to other roster candidates.

It's not so much "Can they afford him?" as "Do they want to pay him that much for what he does?"

It's not so much "Can they afford him?" as "Do they want to pay him that much for what he does?"

At this point, it seems that, apparently, they do. Perhaps he's just more valuable to the Pats than we think he should be.

As much as I like Hollister, who would you prefer to back up Gronk in the event of an emergency?? This has to be considered against the backdrop of our "weak" receiving corps...

Hands down Allen is the best choice, as he has done it before and is in the 2nd year of this offensive system..

OTOH he contract needs tweaking to bring down the salary cap hit..

As much as I like Hollister, who would you prefer to back up Gronk in the event of an emergency?? This has to be considered against the backdrop of our "weak" receiving corps...

Hands down Allen is the best choice, as he has done it before and is in the 2nd year of this offensive system..

OTOH he contract needs tweaking to bring down the salary cap hit..

If Gronk is out for more than a few snaps he will not be "replaced" by any single player but his role will be given to a committee of players who will be used across the various formations.

I don't think it makes any sense to think about Allen or Hollister as a backup for the role that Gronk has on various plays that much because nobody (in the league) can do what he does in terms of versatility and so just plugging someone else in takes away any advantage that Josh tried to create in the first place.

So you agree with 66.7% of my argument. That's a win. :D
That wasn’t your argument. Your argument was that you can mathematically quantify blocking ability. Otherwise you are now just agreeing with me that Allen is clearly the best option as blocking te2.

That wasn’t your argument. Your argument was that you can mathematically quantify blocking ability. Otherwise you are now just agreeing with me that Allen is clearly the best option as blocking te2.

I am surprised when someone said 75% of Allen you didn't take it as a player with a missing limb or something even more literal.

I am surprised when someone said 75% of Allen you didn't take it as a player with a missing limb or something even more literal.
I took it as pointless.

Aspergers.

Wrong again Andy.

My argument was simply that it is perfectly acceptable to use percentage to demonstrate a difference in a player's ability whe compared to another.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to turn it into some wild ass argument or not.

When someone says to you you're twice the man you used to be do you reply with , " that's impossible I weigh the same as I did then". :D

Wrong again Andy.

My argument was simply that it is perfectly acceptable to use percentage to demonstrate a difference in a player's ability whe compared to another.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to turn it into some wild ass argument or not.

When someone says to you you're twice the man you used to be do you reply with , " that's impossible I weigh the same as I did then". :D
You are the one keeping it going, not me. I am only responding to younadkimg me questions.

And no you cannot mathematically assess the difference between 2 blockers.
Your last example is even dumber than the rest.
Now you resort to euphemistic cliche’s.

In any event a guy who is “75%” of the blocker that Allen is, if there were any way in the world to quantify that would be horrendous and have no prayer.

Can we be done with this silliness now or do you want to extend it longer?

You are the one keeping it going, not me. I am only responding to younadkimg me questions.

And no you cannot mathematically assess the difference between 2 blockers.
Your last example is even dumber than the rest.
Now you resort to euphemistic cliche’s.

In any event a guy who is “75%” of the blocker that Allen is, if there were any way in the world to quantify that would be horrendous and have no prayer.

Can we be done with this silliness now or do you want to extend it longer?

" .... I'm half the man I used to be..."

Andy: " That song is bullshyt"

Andy's mother: " honey I love you from here to the moon"

5 year old Andy: " Mom, that's impossible "

Haha

" .... I'm half the man I used to be..."

Andy: " That song is bullshyt"

Andy's mother: " honey I love you from here to the moon"

5 year old Andy: " Mom, that's impossible "

Haha
Nice intellect you have there.
Since something can be measured mathematically than everything can be measured mathematically, and the proof is that cliches exist.
Just stop.
Go find a discussion that doesn’t make you look stupid.

Nice intellect you have there.
Since something can be measured mathematically than everything can be measured mathematically, and the proof is that cliches exist.
Just stop.
Go find a discussion that doesn’t make you look stupid.

Haha. I'm going to to dedicate this post to you and your keyboard with the missing keys.

Yiu took a figurative statmand and argued yt literally.

Classic Andy.

Haha. I'm going to to dedicate this post to you and your keyboard with the missing keys.

Yiu took a figurative statmand and argued yt literally.

Classic Andy.
Sorry, Tony, but you literally can’t measure classic. Or class. Now go be stupid somewhere else.

Sorry, Tony, but you literally can’t measure classic. Or class. Now go be stupid somewhere else.

I don't understand your post. When you say " go somewhere else " do you mean navigate to another thread or literally go somewhere else which I can't because I'm still at work.

At this point, it seems that, apparently, they do. Perhaps he's just more valuable to the Pats than we think he should be.

Not necessarily. The Pats reached a "deal" with Hoomanawanui on August 31 one year.

Not necessarily. The Pats reached a "deal" with Hoomanawanui on August 31 one year.

The Pats are currently about $7.6M under the cap - including Allen. That $7.6M is pretty much here they want to be in terms of an in-season emergency fund. Ergo, they can afford him.

That doesn't preclude them making a deal that reduces his 2018 & 2019 cap hits via an extension that provides him with some guaranteed money (he has zero, at the moment).

I don't understand your post. When you say " go somewhere else " do you mean navigate to another thread or literally go somewhere else which I can't because I'm still at work.
It’s open for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back