PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The real reveal: Home vs. Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this board overrates our defense/running game one more time based on home performances I'm just assuming they'll never learn.

If anyone here legitimately trusts this defense/rushing attack in a road environment you're foolish.

I have been pushing for Cat like quickness for a long time.

It is good to see some of you are finally seeing the light. :confused::cool::p:D:eek:

If this board overrates our defense/running game one more time based on home performances I'm just assuming they'll never learn.

If anyone here legitimately trusts this defense/rushing attack in a road environment you're foolish.

It's not about trusting the defense or running game. It's about trusting the team as a whole. And I think this team has a decent shot at getting to the Super Bowl .

The defense has pitched some decent games at home and hopefully they can put a few together on the road. They'll have to. But so will the offense and special teams.

Two of our road losses were early in the season. No Edelman and tons of injuries. New dc and new no real cohesion on offense.

The loss to tenn. was more about the decimation of the offensive line than anything else.

Miami was about field goals instead of touchdowns. Plus a bone headed final play.

But ultimately we have not looked good on the road all year and even in our wins against the bears, jets and bills, we played poorly and did not run the ball well and did not stop the run well.

At this point in the season, you are what you are and that does not bode well for us in road playoff games,

This just means they're closer to the 2009 team than they are any of the Super Bowl winning squads. They're not mentally tough which is quite a surprise given who is coaching the team.
I’m not sure if it’s quite on the 2009 level, but most definitely either 2012 or 2013.

Playing scared on the road doesn’t helps: Throwing away scoring opportunities, ie, trying to run out the clock with almost two minutes left and full timeouts, even if you’re back up at your endzone

Can someone tell me what the biggest issues are with the defense? Try to be as specific as possible. I keep hearing things like "we don't have good enough athletes on defense." That's probably true but is that the only issue? Are these players not physically strong enough to handle a strong offensive line and ground attack? Are they lacking footspeed or lateral quickness? Can certain players not cover very well? The more specific the better. Also, what could help make it better, this year and beyond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back