PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Preview: Houston at New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Mac not playing but Zappe is another story he needs all the reps he can get if he's going to be a clip board holder barring a Mac injury.
geez. I don't even understand Mac not playing. It would drive me crazy as a player to not be able to play, but I think today's world is different.

WR Thyrick Pitts not bad numbers on his Pro Day 6-foot-2, 201-pound receiver 4.45-second 40-yard dash with a 39-inch vertical leap, 10-feet, 7-inch broad jump, 4.28-second short shuttle and 6.91-second 3-cone drill with 15 bench press reps of 225 pounds.

This might sound crazy but seeing tjat he's been with the ones I don't expect Pop Douglas to dress Tonight. Why play him with a average QB.
If Douglas has been running with the starters during camp I don’t think he plays, if Zappe doesn’t play either then I think Douglas definitely doesn’t play.

I will not be able to see the game tonight so I hope you all enjoy whatever happens !

Lets hope we get some decent performances from the team.

If this is true what a joke. This offense needs as much practice as possible[QUOTE

Having limited practices and only 3 PS games cuts both ways. The coaches also need time to realize what they have with back of the roster players and rookies. I'm okay with using the first game as an open audition, and then filling out responsibilities and final roster spots during the following 2 weeks of joint practices.

Having limited practices and only 3 PS games cuts both ways. The coaches also need time to realize what they have with back of the roster players and rookies. I'm okay with using the first game as an open audition, and then filling out responsibilities and final roster spots during the following 2 weeks of joint practices.
Can't wait for the joint Practices. :cool:

geez. I don't even understand Mac not playing. It would drive me crazy as a player to not be able to play, but I think today's world is different.
By Mac not playing shows you just how important he is to this franchise. Alot of teams aren't playing thier key players this pre season

A couple of thoughts on what I've read so far.

1. Too many people are getting upset about something that hasn't happened yet. Who plays or not plays are coaches decisions and often happen based on things we don't know about. BTW- I'd play Mac a few series as well as Zappe, but its not my decision.

2. It has been said on a couple of occasions that Mac has THREE years experience. NOT true. He is in his 3rd year, but only has 2 years experience. Just something that gnawed at me when I read it.

3. Going to have to go to a bar to see the game. Kind of embarrassed that no one in my California family has the NFL network.

4. I really liked the Cunningham signing. I really thought the Pats need a scout team QB that could realistically mimic the kinds of QB the Pats will see several times this year. I'm sorry that it will hurt his development at WR, BUT Malik's best value for the team THIS year will be in that role. And the Pats will play him extra to stay here on the PS..

5. So suddenly we have come from WR purgatory to having TOO many good prospects. Boutee, Douglas and Nixon have all shown they look like they can play and it only proves what I have been saying for YEARS. WR's are the most plentiful asset in the NFL. Colleges have been producing 15-20 QUALITY prospects every year. In the sense of great athletes with the speed and quickness to be productive players. there are just a LOT of these guys and they come in all sizes.

Now whether they end up being good football players is another story. Being a great athlete and being a great football player are two different things. The athletes to be good WR's in the NFL are out there. What they become is up to them.

Graff over at 'The Athletic ' had a pretty good list of players to watch tonight:

Ryland
Sow
Boutte
Douglas
Harris
White
Mapu (if he plays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots