PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats practice squad & workout/visit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are they going to wait forever to sign those last 2 lol? I want immediate satisfaction.

We really need to bring in a QB to the PS now that Hoyer is officially gone. My Binky has gone to Philly, can an Etling reunion be far behind.

So are they going to wait forever to sign those last 2 lol? I want immediate satisfaction.

Last 3 slots. Johnson doesn't count against the 10 man limit

We really need to bring in a QB to the PS now that Hoyer is officially gone. My Binky has gone to Philly, can an Etling reunion be far behind.

Etling signed onto the Falcons PS.

Glad Kamalu is there. I think he has NFL talent...eventually.

We know Gerri Green is one of those guys, beat writers just haven’t seen him at practice yet since he was still in the Indianapolis area having been in Colts camp. So it’s just 2 slots left, guys who like Green probably flew into town yesterday evening from wherever their training camp was.

I count 8 signed to PS plus Johnson (exempt) 2 to go by my math..... :)

Toran and Gossett are offensive linemen.

Green is a defensive end.

4 OL
3 DL
2 LB
TE, FB

There will be a revolving door for the last few spots.

Basically tryouts.

I am surprised that they have no WRs on the practice squad. Of course these names are not set in stone. Bill seems to use the practice squad as tryouts for players not previously in the Patriot system. One or two of them may only get a week or two of practice to show that they are worthy of sticking around. We could see new names on this list as soon as next week, if history is any indicator.

Colby Gosset G 24 - pretty big guy at 6'6 331.
Actually had 4 starts for Vikings after been picked off the AZ practice squad who drafted him in the 6th round in 2018.

Najee Toran G 23 6'2 305 UCLA undrafted was on SF roster for a month then on PS.

Last edited:
Yup. This is shocking. How many do we have. Only NINE?
Our Practice Squad WR's are on the 53 man roster.

Edelman
Gordon
Thomas
Dorsett
Gunner
Meyers
Slater
Meredith (PUP)
Harry (in-season IR)

A team needs THREE WR's plus a backup and an emergency backup, who is often on the Practice Squad.

I am surprised that they have no WRs on the practice squad. Of course these names are not set in stone. Bill seems to use the practice squad as tryouts for players not previously in the Patriot system. One or two of them may only get a week or two of practice to show that they are worthy of sticking around. We could see new names on this list as soon as next week, if history is any indicator.

Could Johnson become our full time FB sooner rather than later? Love me some Develin but he is kinda old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back