PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats practice squad & workout/visit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these Safeties have some really nice names but their play of the Football field ain't worth a dam ie... Obi Melifonwu and now Su’a Cravens.:oops:

I guess we are banking on Guy and Shelton staying healthy this year.
I think they want to see how Cowart does vs the run before they make a move.

I think they want to see how Cowart does vs the run before they make a move.
So if they can't stop the run, then they will react? Doesn't sound very Belichikean.

When I saw that he had been released I was wondering whether they would kick the tires. He was a BB draft target but the Redskins scooped him up before them.

So if they can't stop the run, then they will react? Doesn't sound very Belichikean.

Guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there...I don't imagine that there will be many 330lbs guys sitting around the house just waiting to be signed.

Guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there...I don't imagine that there will be many 330lbs guys sitting around the house just waiting to be signed.
I believe Mike Pennel is still a free agent. If he continues to go unsigned and we're having trouble vs. the run, he could always be re-signed mid-season and his salary won't be guaranteed (so he can be easily cut if he doesn't perform).

I believe Mike Pennel is still a free agent. If he continues to go unsigned and we're having trouble vs. the run, he could always be re-signed mid-season and his salary won't be guaranteed (so he can be easily cut if he doesn't perform).
Maybe I don't know if they like him enough to sign him again.
I would guess that ship has sailed.

Where's the third quarterback?
We also need a wide-body DT (as PF2 mentioned)...and a DB...and a WR...what we Don't need is whatever a Geree Green & a Najee Toran are...

I guess the point I was trying to make is maybe BB will scheme around the lack of a backup NT? Not sure what his game plan will be against squealers given they have a good OL and Conner had a good 2018. But then again Pitt had a 67.4% passing plays in 2018, second only to GB (67.5%). For comparison, NE was at 55.5%, which is less predictable.

I guess the point I was trying to make is maybe BB will scheme around the lack of a backup NT? Not sure what his game plan will be against squealers given they have a good OL and Conner had a good 2018. But then again Pitt had a 67.4% passing plays in 2018, second only to GB (67.5%). For comparison, NE was at 55.5%, which is less predictable.

Pitt had both AB 1200yds and Juju 1400yds in 2018 no surprise there.

Yup. This is shocking. How many do we have. Only NINE?
Our Practice Squad WR's are on the 53 man roster.

Edelman
Gordon
Thomas
Dorsett
Gunner
Meyers
Slater
Meredith (PUP)
Harry (in-season IR)

A team needs THREE WR's plus a backup and an emergency backup, who is often on the Practice Squad.

M. Harris may be hanging around until he recovers as well. Injury settlement period must also expire.

We also need a wide-body DT (as PF2 mentioned)...and a DB...and a WR...what we Don't need is whatever a Geree Green & a Najee Toran are...

Gerri Green is here for his versatility, leadership qualities, and character. He was team captain at Miss St.

Pitt had both AB 1200yds and Juju 1400yds in 2018 no surprise there.
Yet Conner gained almost 1000 yds as well. Knowing you're facing NE secondary or their front DL, would you run it more or pass more? Strength vs strength? What will Tomlin do?

I think they already know who they want.

Just a matter of making a phone call.

Yet Conner gained almost 1000 yds as well. Knowing you're facing NE secondary or their front DL, would you run it more or pass more? Strength vs strength? What will Tomlin do?

They might be a little easier to defend now or just as Tough if Pitts #2 and 3 WR's show up.

Well IF Tomlin is smart, when facing perhaps the best secondary in the NFL, while at the same time playing against a pretty no name DL that seems a little light in the pants, combined with the fact you have perhaps the best OL in the league....what would you do??????????

But this is Tomlin, so my bet is he will come out in 4 wide and throw the ball so Ben can look good. :rolleyes:

I remember reading some pretty hyperbolic things about how much the Pats liked him during his draft. Something about how we would have been willing to take him round 1.

I remember reading some pretty hyperbolic things about how much the Pats liked him during his draft. Something about how we would have been willing to take him round 1.

I think the Patriots was in the mix for every player even the #1 Overall.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back