PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs. The Jests Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be Dobson's last shot. He needs to hold on to the damn ball.

I despise Thursday night games. Thanksgiving is the only time I want to see the NFL* on television.

I don't even really care much to watch them unless the Pats are in it, and even then I hate the strain it puts on the players bodies.

Bleep you Roger!

I completely agree.
The only time that Thursday night games should happen is when both teams are coming off byes,
which themselves shouldn't start until after week 6. That would mean however that there would be
no Thursday night games for the first month-1/2 of the season (after Opening Night), and Park Ave
will never allow that now.
"Player safety…" my ass.

Is anyone constantly having to remind themselves that we are not playing Rex's Jets?

I don't get the game here. They are forcing me to watch the Dolphins so can anyone please help me out.

The Patriots play a lot of 2 TE -- I saw an article saying Williams and Chandler have near-identical snap counts, at >35% each.

Most of us expect 2 TE to be if anything emphasized in this game, because of personnel issues at OT, the Jets' DL, etc.

So unless the Pats play a lot of totally-empty backfield, Dobson may not see a lot of snaps anyway. There seem to be 4 WRs ahead of him on the depth chart, of whom usually only 2 will be playing at once.

No Dion Lewis is not good. That is a match up I thought we could really exploit too.

White/Blount the only acvtive RBs. Obviously the plan is to pass something like 50 times today. I wonder how much we use White. He had a good preseason and looked pretty good in limited action vs the Jags. Time to see if he is worth that 4th round pick cause he is the drop off man today and will see looks.
I throw Sheard in there too.

These pregames shows are getting on my nerves.. after winning a few games they are discussing Bowles demeanor.. Bart Scott will not make a comment.. and 16 minutes to game time..

And the Jags beat the Bills! (apparently)

Or not.

We've lost 4 starters for this game and 5 over the last 2 weeks. No excuses, I just would like someone to acknowledge the adversity.

We've lost 4 starters for this game and 5 over the last 2 weeks. No excuses, I just would like someone to acknowledge the adversity.

They will after the win.

Just another paragraph for the legend.

o excuses, I just would like someone to acknowledge the adversity.
And here's where it really means something...the fourth quarter..and all recent Pats/Jets games have been close. Instead of getting a blow throughout the game, certain positions will have to go quite a few more plays. That's a big deal, especially how the Pats rotate so much in all phases of the game.

These pregames shows are getting on my nerves.. after winning a few games they are discussing Bowles demeanor.. Bart Scott will not make a comment.. and 16 minutes to game time..

What impresses me about Bowles is his X and O knowledge and game management ability. He is very high in both of those. He was in AZ and he has been here.

Here's to a good injury free game,

Good luck Fans

Offensive line injuries are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back