PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs. The Jests Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snap counts from yesterday were interesting.

• Siliga had the least amount os snaps amongst our DTs. Says good things about Branch (was terrific yesterday) and Hicks (flashed at times).
  • Only 7 snaps for Scott Chandler. Michael Williams had 15. I was hoping for a lot more from Chandler this year. I thought he was going to do really well in this offense.
  • Zero defensive snaps for Mayo. Such a shame.
  • Logan Ryan on for 100% of the snaps. He may not be the best but he did well yesterday. Those Ryan/Harmon picks weren't as bad as many thought. Both making significant contributions two years later. Contrast that with Tavon Wilson and Alfonzo Dennard from the previous year.
  • Brown, Branch, Easley, Hicks had 34, 31, 28, 23 snaps respectively. That's a nice balance.

With that said, Chandler made the most of his chances. That first catch was great and needed.

It seems like it's always like this...who are these posters anyway? So many names you don't usually see.
The usual game day chicken littles, the moment that the going gets tough they get going with all the dynastys oven, so and so sucks posts. But considering the circumstances i thought it was worse than usual.
About five or six years ago there was a game day thread so bad that compiled a list of names and what they posted. In the end when the Pats won i posted the list, after a couple of hours one of the mods took it down. Most of the posts were put up by just a few chicken littles who disappeared for a couple of weeks if i remember correctly.

Last edited:
The usual game day chicken littles, the moment that the going gets tough they get going with all the dynastys oven, so and so sucks posts. But considering the circumstances i thought it was worse than usual.
About five or six years ago there was a game day thread so bad that compiled a list of names and what they posted. In the end when the Pats won i posted the list, after a couple of hours one of the mods took it down. Most of the posts were put up by just a few chicken littles who disappeared for a couple of weeks if i remember correctly.
Should do that again. Look, in one way of course a game thread should be reactionary like that--go with the emotion of the game, like you're watching with a group of fans (which you are.) But it's like you're being forced to hang out with people you would never want to. It's just terrible.

I think there are just a handful of rats fans that think its hilarious to chicken little post in the game day thread.

When you are a rats fan, all you have is imaginary schadenfreude. And then the game ends and you realize you've lost yet again and climb back into your rat hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes