PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs. The Jests Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL it was worse than 12-6. In 2003 they had a game against the Browns where they scored 9 points. Those games were always fun. Can't imagine any post-2007 Pats' team winning games like that.
That 03 game is what I was referring to actually! We did have that game back in early 2013 against the Jets that was a really low scoring game.

Coverage stats from Doug Kyed:

Malcolm Butler: 5-11, 83 yards, holding, illegal hands to the face, pass interference
Logan Ryan: 4-6, 67 yards
Jamie Collins: 1-1, 23 yards
Justin Coleman: 3-7, 22 yards, TD, illegal hands to the face, PBU
Dont’a Hightower: 1-1, 16 yards, holding penalty Patrick Chung: 2-4, 14 yards, two PBUs
Rob Ninkovich: 0-2, four PBUs

Read more at: Bill Belichick Shows Trust In Patriots' Secondary, Particularly Logan Ryan

Justin Coleman went 3-7. Not bad for an UDFA rookie who wasn't even in camp. I do think he has some promise.

(1) Love me some Hightower. That guy is exceeding my initial expectations, even though I liked the pick. That he returned and was a true factor is amazing. (2) As dicey as things were on O at times - NE played with very few players today and Vollmer/Brady/Dola/Gronk did enough to pull the others. (3) When you struggle yet still get 30 pts and win by a TD, you know you're good. (4) 3rd down and long has got to be better on Thursday.

Did mayo play?

Did mayo play?

I read on Twitter that he came in for a goal line play but a time out was called and he was taken back out and that was, apparently, the only appearance he made on the field.

Every team but the Pats is loaded with 6'2" talented corners that they're looking to trade.

PLUS we have a bargaining chip to give away AND the 6'2" guy will fit under the cap ;)

Was it that rough? They're not going to win every game 56-0. I think they played pretty well, had a couple of bad breaks, that's about it. It WAS the #1 defense in the NFL, and the Jets DID bring in a top 10 offense.

Jets couldn't run the ball for ****, and in the end barely threw for 50%. Defense had a good day, IMO. Offense had a great 2nd half.

I don't know what else you'd want.

Significantly better CB play, for starters

Significantly better CB play, for starters

The "No. 1 Defense" might need "significantly better CB play" more than the Pats. Factoring in the drops, it's not like Revis, Cromartie and Skrine were dominant.

The "No. 1 Defense" might need "significantly better CB play" more than the Pats. Factoring in the drops, it's not like Revis, Cromartie and Skrine were dominant.

The No. 1 Defense was facing Brady. The Patriots CBs were facing Fitzpicksix.

I read on Twitter that he came in for a goal line play but a time out was called and he was taken back out and that was, apparently, the only appearance he made on the field.

Can't be good for Mayo that the pats game plan was to stop the run and he didn't see many snaps. Hightower is playing at a very high level.

Can't be good for Mayo that the pats game plan was to stop the run and he didn't see many snaps. Hightower is playing at a very high level.

Hightower is a beast, and in the first half at least was comfortably our best defensive player. I can't see Mayo being here next year.

That 03 game is what I was referring to actually! We did have that game back in early 2013 against the Jets that was a really low scoring game.

Yeah, your reminded me of that. 13-10 Thursday night win against the Jests. I hope this upcoming game against the fish isn't one of those sloppy Thursday night games.

Hightower is a beast, and in the first half at least was comfortably our best defensive player. I can't see Mayo being here next year.

Mayo's coming back from a bad injury, and it shows. He'll either improve significantly moving forward, or he'll be hard pressed to stay in the NFL next year.

Alan Branch had a monster day too

Very much agreed. Said in the game thread that I thought it was his best game as a Pat. Akiem Hicks had some good moments as well.

The No. 1 Defense was facing Brady. The Patriots CBs were facing Fitzpicksix.

Still a lot of open WRs for $30 million in salaries this year. And it's not like Luck was picking the Pats CBs apart last week.

Still a lot of open WRs for $30 million in salaries this year. And it's not like Luck was picking the Pats CBs apart last week.

I'm not sure why you think setting up straw men, and then moving the goalposts of your straw man argument, are appropriate responses to people who point out the Patriots CB problems, but whatever works for you.

Coverage stats from Doug Kyed:

Malcolm Butler: 5-11, 83 yards, holding, illegal hands to the face, pass interference
Logan Ryan: 4-6, 67 yards
Jamie Collins: 1-1, 23 yards
Justin Coleman: 3-7, 22 yards, TD, illegal hands to the face, PBU
Dont’a Hightower: 1-1, 16 yards, holding penalty Patrick Chung: 2-4, 14 yards, two PBUs
Rob Ninkovich: 0-2, four PBUs

Read more at: Bill Belichick Shows Trust In Patriots' Secondary, Particularly Logan Ryan

Justin Coleman went 3-7. Not bad for an UDFA rookie who wasn't even in camp. I do think he has some promise.

Funny, the Vikings cut Coleman and drafted Waynes 11th overall. Waynes has barely played 15% of snaps for them.

Not saying Coleman will be better than Waynes but it shows how difficult it is for rookie CBs to make an impact. Byron has been stuck as the Cowboys dimeback and Peters has given up 6 TDs for instance.

As much as I want a CB trade, sticking with Butler/Ryan/Coleman and going through the growing pains may be the best move for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots