PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs. The Jests Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why you think setting up straw men, and then moving the goalposts of your straw man argument, are appropriate responses to people who point out the Patriots CB problems, but whatever works for you.

Because I was commenting on the Pats and Jets corners, not arguing about it.

Funny, the Vikings cut Coleman and drafted Waynes 11th overall. Waynes has barely played 15% of snaps for them.

Not saying Coleman will be better than Waynes but it shows how difficult it is for rookie CBs to make an impact. Byron has been stuck as the Cowboys dimeback and Peters has given up 6 TDs for instance.

As much as I want a CB trade, sticking with Butler/Ryan/Coleman and going through the growing pains may be the best move for the future.

And Richard Sherman is the most prominent of many guys who prove your point. :)

Funny, the Vikings cut Coleman and drafted Waynes 11th overall. Waynes has barely played 15% of snaps for them.

Not saying Coleman will be better than Waynes but it shows how difficult it is for rookie CBs to make an impact. Byron has been stuck as the Cowboys dimeback and Peters has given up 6 TDs for instance.

As much as I want a CB trade, sticking with Butler/Ryan/Coleman and going through the growing pains may be the best move for the future.

I'm less concerned with this season, I'm not sure what upgrades are out there, but we need to try and find a #1 guy in the off-season. Having said that, I could just about live with Butler, Roberts, Coleman, Ryan and Tarrell Brown for the next two to three years, they're an interesting young core. However, it would still be the weakness on the team.

Someone who deserves some credit is Cameron Fleming. I can't remember too much pressure coming from the right side. It will be interesting to see how much TE support he had.

No post game thread this week?

Someone who deserves some credit is Cameron Fleming. I can't remember too much pressure coming from the right side. It will be interesting to see how much TE support he had.
Patriots might be the best team in the league at developing OL. Don't think we've ever even spent serious money on signing a linemen from another team.

didn't he get manhandled on the first sack?

I'm just glad I didn't start posting during the game........I was ready to rip into everyone

I'm not sure why you think setting up straw men, and then moving the goalposts of your straw man argument, are appropriate responses to people who point out the Patriots CB problems, but whatever works for you.

Good Lord.

Must you pull this crap EVERY day in here?

the pats focused on doubling marshall and stopping the run.....butler was 1 on 1 on decker most of the game, and those routes across the middle are a challenge.........amendola was basically destroying revis/cromartie down the middle

I have no problem giving the jets decker, bohannon, and cumberland to beat the pats.....that will never happen

fix half of the drops and this game would be decided much sooner

Snap counts from yesterday were interesting.

• Siliga had the least amount os snaps amongst our DTs. Says good things about Branch (was terrific yesterday) and Hicks (flashed at times).
  • Only 7 snaps for Scott Chandler. Michael Williams had 15. I was hoping for a lot more from Chandler this year. I thought he was going to do really well in this offense.
  • Zero defensive snaps for Mayo. Such a shame.
  • Logan Ryan on for 100% of the snaps. He may not be the best but he did well yesterday. Those Ryan/Harmon picks weren't as bad as many thought. Both making significant contributions two years later. Contrast that with Tavon Wilson and Alfonzo Dennard from the previous year.
  • Brown, Branch, Easley, Hicks had 34, 31, 28, 23 snaps respectively. That's a nice balance.

Snap counts from yesterday were interesting.

• Siliga had the least amount os snaps amongst our DTs. Says good things about Branch (was terrific yesterday) and Hicks (flashed at times).
  • Only 7 snaps for Scott Chandler. Michael Williams had 15. I was hoping for a lot more from Chandler this year. I thought he was going to do really well in this offense.
  • Zero defensive snaps for Mayo. Such a shame.
  • Logan Ryan on for 100% of the snaps. He may not be the best but he did well yesterday. Those Ryan/Harmon picks weren't as bad as many thought. Both making significant contributions two years later. Contrast that with Tavon Wilson and Alfonzo Dennard from the previous year.
  • Brown, Branch, Easley, Hicks had 34, 31, 28, 23 snaps respectively. That's a nice balance.

Mayo getting no playing time vs a run oriented team speaks volumes.

Might still be injured, or just isn't good enough anymore. Such a waste of cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots