PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The optimistic case for Mac Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
In year two Josh Allen was in one of the better programs in the NFL, Mac was playing for Bozo the clown. Here are their passing stats through two years:
wt9VT8d.png

Mac was better, he was better especially considering Allen was playing under optimal conditions in year two and Mac was playing under the worst conditions. Mac passed more, more accurately, scored more, had a higher efficiency rating and threw better downfield in yards per attempt.

Let's pretend for a moment Billy O'Brien is great at his job and gets the most out of Mac and the offense?
Allen was better in year 2 than Mac was in year 2. Going into Allen's third year why would his bad rookie season carry any weight considering his improvement as a sophomore? The fact that we consistently have to harken back to the first half of Mac's rookie season to argue for his viability as a long term starter for a contender is a bug not a feature.

Allen was better in year 2 than Mac was in year 2. Going into Allen's third year why would his bad rookie season carry any weight considering his improvement as a sophomore? The fact that we consistently have to harken back to the first half of Mac's rookie season to argue for his viability as a long term starter for a contender is a bug not a feature.
Like I said, Allen had optimal conditions in year two. Mac had a dumpster fire.

If you can’t look at things objectively then you just don’t like Mac Jones. His future is unwritten.

As a rookie he drove the length of the field and put his kicker in range to beat the eventual NFL champs... his kicker missed it. He did it again in the Miami game and Damien Harris fumbled on the goal line.

Teams beat teams, it's not QB versus team.

His teams haven't been good enough and he was also a rookie. After year two of Josh Allen, the fans and media called him a draft bust. Right now Josh Allen is top five on popularity lists.

Mac has shown the ability to pass the ball at an efficient level in the NFL, bad players don't do that. JaMarcus Russell never did that and he was the first overall pick.
Cmac is a dink and dunker and when the Pats get another franchise QB, nobody will need to come out like McCourty did and defend him.

Thats because everyone will see how good the guy is on the field.

In year two Josh Allen was in one of the better programs in the NFL, Mac was playing for Bozo the clown. Here are their passing stats through two years:
wt9VT8d.png

Mac was better, he was better especially considering Allen was playing under optimal conditions in year two and Mac was playing under the worst conditions. Mac passed more, more accurately, scored more, had a higher efficiency rating and threw better downfield in yards per attempt.

Let's pretend for a moment Billy O'Brien is great at his job and gets the most out of Mac and the offense?
Dont forget this great day

Dance Nfl GIF by The Undroppables

Cmac is a dink and dunker and when the Pats get another franchise QB, nobody will need to come out like McCourty did and defend him.

Brady was a dink and dunker… we literally invented that term for him on boston.com back in the earliest days of the internet.

What was Montana… was he a cannon thrower like Marino?

QB’s rarely throw more than 30 yards, this isn’t a javelin throwing contest.

Arguably should have also beaten the Vikings and Bengals this season. Maybe even the Bills in Buffalo in a very emotional game for them but the defense couldn't step up.

I remember the Bills were mocked for picking the wrong Josh in the draft (Allen over Rosen).
Should
Would
Might
Could
Maybe
If
When

Should
Would
Might
Could
Maybe
If
When
Wins and losses are also team accomplishments not individual accomplishments. So "shoulda coulda woulda" means something.

That's funny cause I feel the same way about Zappe. His bandwagon will be completely empty if the Patriots find a different QB.

"I don't like Mac Jones" is a bad reason to start the inferior QB - which Zappe is.

That's funny cause I feel the same way about Zappe. His bandwagon will be completely empty if the Patriots find a different QB.

"I don't like Mac Jones" is a bad reason to start the inferior QB - which Zappe is.
Ouch! BB's QB Draft evaluations just took a hit in the gut.
beat up sucker punch GIF by Comedy.com

Ouch! BB's QB Draft evaluations just took a hit in the gut.
beat up sucker punch GIF by Comedy.com
I didn't care for the Zappe pick in the 4th round. I think he might have been there in the 7th or even an UDFA if they really wanted him.

I didn't care for the Zappe pick in the 4th round. I think he might have been there in the 7th or even an UDFA if they really wanted him.
Purdy gives me hope for Zappe.

I don't like Mac, but the Zappe movement on this board even prior to him playing in 2022 was bizarre.

Didn't hurt Purdy that he had C-Mac, Deebo and Kittle as weapons. Patriots have nobody like those guys.
Yep all better than overpaying for Meyers those are the skilled position players you pay.

Didn't hurt Purdy that he had C-Mac, Deebo and Kittle as weapons. Patriots have nobody like those guys.
And we could have Drafted Deebo Samuels many in the Draft Forum in 2019 like him for us but BB saw something in N Harry nobody else saw. :rolleyes:
Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

And we could have Drafted Deebo Samuels many in the Draft Forum in 2019 like him for us but BB saw something in N Harry nobody else saw. :rolleyes:
Lets not rewrite history. Harry is obviously **** but he was rated by quite a few people before the draft on many draft boards.

Harry was a bust, but he wasn't a head scratching move like a lot of other picks Belichick had. A lot mock drafts had him late first round/early second round.

CBSSports had him going 27th

Walter Football had him going first in the second round

This one had him going 26th to Indy

This one shows multiple sites having Harry going 26th or 27th

This one had Harry going 21st to Baltimore

Lets not rewrite history. Harry is obviously **** but he was rated by quite a few people before the draft on many draft boards.

Nearly everyone had Harry projected as a late first or early second round pick. At the time of the pick, few people were really trashing it. At worst, some people might have said they might have gone with Samuel or another receiver, but Harry is still a good pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST