PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The optimistic case for Mac Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady should have done more to beat the Eagles in the 2017 Super Bowl.

See how dumb that ^ sounds?

Probably not… your mind is made up.

He HAS NO mind!

Nearly everyone had Harry projected as a late first or early second round pick. At the time of the pick, few people were really trashing it. At worst, some people might have said they might have gone with Samuel or another receiver, but Harry is still a good pick.
Its never a good sign when the same Homers defending K Harry who is the biggest WR bust in Pats history are also making a litany of excuses for Corky Mac Jones.

You folks are comedy gold.

Harry was a bust, but he wasn't a head scratching move like a lot of other picks Belichick had. A lot mock drafts had him late first round/early second round.

CBSSports had him going 27th

Walter Football had him going first in the second round

This one had him going 26th to Indy

This one shows multiple sites having Harry going 26th or 27th

This one had Harry going 21st to Baltimore

I think the CBS mock Pats draft was better than the actual Pats draft.

Its never a good sign when the same Homers defending K Harry who is the biggest WR bust in Pats history are also making a litany of excuses for Corky Mac Jones.

What's comedy gold is you pretending to know anything about NFL football. One might call it dark comedy. Still, your posts are a veritable laff riot of idiocy on parade.

Well this was a fun read

Who is defending Harry? I called Harry a bust.

You know who I will never defend? Any of your English teachers because your reading comprehension absolutely sucks.

I think the CBS mock Pats draft was better than the actual Pats draft.

I am not saying Harry wasn't a horrible pick. I am just saying most people didn't think that way at the time. And yes, I would rather have the draft CBS Sports had for the Pats than the one the Pats drafted. Their mock draft for the Pats sucks, but at least it had AJ Brown.

I am not saying Harry wasn't a horrible pick. I am just saying most people didn't think that way at the time. And yes, I would rather have the draft CBS Sports had for the Pats than the one the Pats drafted. Their mock draft for the Pats sucks, but at least it had AJ Brown.

I agree and I understand what you are saying. AJ alone would have made that a decent draft.

Who is defending Harry? I called Harry a bust.

You know who I will never defend? Any of your English teachers because your reading comprehension absolutely sucks.
You're great at spewing BS from both sides of your mouth.

You make us laugh though.

Rob0729 said:
Nearly everyone had Harry projected as a late first or early second round pick. At the time of the pick, few people were really trashing it. At worst, some people might have said they might have gone with Samuel or another receiver, but Harry is still a good pick.

You're great at spewing BS from both sides of your mouth.

You make us laugh though.

Rob0729 said:

Psst! I am not defending Harry one bit. I am defending the selection of Harry because at the time, he was considered a late first round pick. That isn't defending the player.

Again, you will not hear a peep defending your English teachers. They all should be fired for failing you as a student.

49ers likely had Harry as WR1. He was always going top 40

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

It happens.

Harry just wasn't Thornton though. He was a consensus top 30 pick. It hurts but he had a good profile and it made sense at the time.

Sometimes you just have to live with it. Like this year Joey Porter Jr and Christian Gonzalez. Not perfect prospects but they checked almost every box. If they bust you just accept it and move on as bad results / good process.

It happens.

Harry just wasn't Thornton though. He was a consensus top 30 pick. It hurts but he had a good profile and it made sense at the time.

Sometimes you just have to live with it. Like this year Joey Porter Jr and Christian Gonzalez. Not perfect prospects but they checked almost every box. If they bust you just accept it and move on as bad results / good process.
Everyone is a draft genius in hindsight...

Just goes to show no one predicted Harry would bust as he has. Yet, BB/the Patriots still get hammered for picking him.

It happens.

I agree that Harry wasn't a reach by any means but it is just painful to see a guy like AJ Brown who basically is what Harry was supposed to be playing so well while Harry was a washout. I don't fault them for not going after Metcalf with some of the red flags on him pre draft but Deebo and AJ Brown were exactly what they were looking for and they passed on them for Harry.

I agree that Harry wasn't a reach by any means but it is just painful to see a guy like AJ Brown who basically is what Harry was supposed to be playing so well while Harry was a washout. I don't fault them for not going after Metcalf with some of the red flags on him pre draft but Deebo and AJ Brown were exactly what they were looking for and they passed on them for Harry.
Harry's consensus scouting report literally said "has difficulty creating separation".

Harry's consensus scouting report literally said "has difficulty creating separation".
So did Deandre Hopkins and AJ Brown’s reports… bottom line Harry was mentally and physically soft. There’s no measurable for that.

Why are we still talking about NKeal?

Everyone is a draft genius in hindsight...
If the Patriots had a long history of making amazing receiver picks in early rounds then they might get the benefit of the doubt. They dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News