SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

The Only Way Is Through - Brady posts for the Player's Tribune

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Deus Irae, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Brewskies

Brewskies PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,176
    I am tired of what Brady thinks as I am tired of what Trump thinks about this virus.

Both need to shut up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kdo5

Kdo5 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,304
    Then ignore it if you are so tired. He’s not a Patriot anymore, you don’t need to follow him and read articles about him if it affects you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Elijah

Elijah The Tom Brady Of Not Having A Gf PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,760
    Whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing. That's the Tom we know and love.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +34,257
    This right there.

Has anyone found anything actually interesting in this way too long piece apart from Brady's implication that he wanted more input - or in his words "an opportunity to lead and collaborate"?

• Like Like x 1
  5. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,284
    And luckily, I am allowed to have that opinion. I can have an opinion different from yours and still be as big of a Pats fan as I was last month. It's spectacular, really.

He did a lot for our team for 20 years. And then he decided to go against the grain because he wanted the team to act the opposite of how they have for the last 20 years. He wanted to turn the Patriot Way into the Patriot Way But I Get Different Rules. That's how I see it, that's how I will always see it, and I don't give a **** how that makes you think of me.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. festy1986

festy1986 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,841
    Off topic.

7. Kdo5

Kdo5 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,304
    All Brady’s fault. You have the right to your opinion that’s true. I also think it’s a crap opinion but to each their own. Good that you don’t give a ****.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,971
    Maybe Brady just wants to sling it all over the yard and knows he still can at a high level, but wouldn't really get the chance to do that with the Pats because of a philosophical change on offense and a lack of weapons

Maybe he really wants that touchdown record, who knows

9. sean10mm

sean10mm Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,596
    The team CHOSE to lowball him. The team is also responsible for utterly botching the reloading of all the offensive skill positions for at least two years running, a fact that clearly played a role in his departure.

YOU are making a CHOICE to lay everything at Brady's feet, even though the evidence doesn't actually support that point of view.

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,964
    Bspn is finally being smart and moving up the Jordan/Bulls doc, "The Last Dance" in a few weeks. It looks great and supposedly has a lot of unaired footage.

The Bulls/Jordan were a world-wide phenomenon. The NEP are on that level and I can only hope we get something like this 20 year's from now. Jesus Bill will almost be 90? Kraft will likely be gone.

Seems a lot less likely but imagine seeing a promo with Brady, and Bill sitting down to talk? Slater, Wille, Moss, Ocho, Mankins, Light, Revis, Dillon, Law, Goodell??

We need something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tasmlab

tasmlab Starting QB, won 20 SBs, number is retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,740
    In his Facebook post promoting the article, Brady (or his marketing staff) used a picture of Belichick smiling and holding the lombardi trophy.

I would also say that the complete lack of any useful or interesting information is Belichick influence to the core.

12. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,109
    I guess if you call paying $50 million guaranteed for a 42-year-old 6th round draft pick living the dream, then Tampa Bay is the big winner.

We'll see.

13. Froob

Froob Independent Investigator & pliable af PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +36,743
    Stidham should drop one

14. Ross12

Ross12 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,961
    He did once, that I can recall, but it was only in a line that basically read "when I got drafted in the 6th round Belichick didn't call me, it was some dude named Berj who was just like 'oh uh we drafted you FYI'."

15. Doctor DDS

Doctor DDS Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,769
    Brady has expressed his goal of playing until he is 45 for years. He wanted BB and the Patriots to share that same perspective and commit to him with a longer term contract. BB decided that he wanted Brady to prove it year by year and obviously Brady did not want to do that. He didn't just decide to leave - he was prodded to leave. We'll see who made the right decision.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. LuRkeR1978

LuRkeR1978 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +986
    Son of a b!tch!

17. Brewskies

Brewskies PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,176

Thank you for your advice. Every site I had previously for the Pats and the ones that I will continue to use for the Pats bring up crap about Brady automatically. If you are a Pats fan you can't avoid it. Even if you are not a Pats fan, Brady like Trump is everywhere spouting his crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Teej

Teej On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +515
    “At this point in my career, the only person I have to prove anything to is myself,” Brady writes. “Physically, I’m as capable of doing my job as I’ve ever been. Now I want to see what more I can do. I want to see how great I can be.”

There's no "i" in team diva boy. You weren't so great without great players last year so you jumped ship like a rat to go to a team that has some.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Genius Genius x 1
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  19. vuudu

vuudu Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +5,095
    The more he talks, the less I see the Brady I thought I knew. One thing I used to jibe Colts fans on was that Manning's goal was to be as popular as possible with commercials while Brady just wanted to win super bowls. That may have been true in time past, but he is at a point in his life where he wants all the adulation and worship he rightly deserve. I think he feels he does not get that enough from the country and he thinks playing here is part of that.
    In Tom vs time, he asked an open ended question about what they are playing the game for and he may have found the answer now with Tampa. Play entertaining football, speak your mind, have fun and be appreciated and maybe win. He can get at least two of the above easily at Tampa. The rest is yet to be seen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  20. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,625
    Yeah, I think you're onto something. I don't think winning has become any less or a priority. I think he just needs to get re-energized, and things are very stale in New England, in addition to the obvious feeling that the team isn't on the Exuberant Team Brady which has a stated goal of playing as long as possible. Change of scenery will be good for him, and he has the balls to do it even though he could retire now with everything.