PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official - Your Thread Will Get Merged Here If you Don't Move on from Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic is insane.

Raiders: Acts like a clown, but he knows it's his LAST chance, maybe he'll change.
Patriots: Does change, for 3 years then turns to clown again. Traded in-season
Vikings: Alright, THIS is has last chance, he can NOT get in trouble. Acts like clown after few weeks, traded in-season.
Titans: He'll really open things up for Chris Johnson! 1 catch, 0-2 record.

Keep him the HELL off this team. He's already ****ed up two "last chance" situations. Within weeks of each-other! Waiting for him to follow Young in collapsing with the Tits.

Last edited:

It's mindnumbing. Ian dictates no more Moss threads and after some clown bumps a weeks old one a mod steps in...and starts debating the subject...

This topic is insane.

Raiders: Acts like a clown, but he knows it's his LAST chance, maybe he'll change.
Patriots: Does change, for 3 years then turns to clown again. Traded in-season
Vikings: Alright, THIS is has last chance, he can NOT get in trouble. Acts like clown after few weeks, traded in-season.
Titans: He'll really open things up for Chris Johnson! 1 catch, 0-2 record.

Keep him the HELL off this team. He's already ****ed up two "last chance" situations. Within weeks of each-other! Waiting for him to follow Young in collapsing with the Tits.

I totally agree.
I'm saying though that instead of discussing Brady suffering without Moss perhaps the discussion of Brady carrying Moss is more valid.

I am also not proposing that the Patriots should resign him. I don't think they should. I just think his lack of production may not be completely based on a decline in skill.

I totally agree.
I'm saying though that instead of discussing Brady suffering without Moss perhaps the discussion of Brady carrying Moss is more valid.

Or perhaps no discussion of Moss is really valid anymore. I think that was what Ian tried to say last week...when he started his put it here or else thread...

Last edited:
I am also not proposing that the Patriots should resign him. I don't think they should. I just think his lack of production may not be completely based on a decline in skill.
You are saying he is good enough to produce but just has refused to for 3 different teams? Would it matter if he had any skill if that were the case?

I totally agree.

I am quite enjoying the Titans collapse this season, can't stand Fisher and sick of Moss.

As NBC noted, since trade

Patriots: 5-1
Teams w/ Moss: 1-5

You are saying he is good enough to produce but just has refused to for 3 different teams? Would it matter if he had any skill if that were the case?

What does it matter? I am not saying the Patriots should resign him. I just think its sad that this is how it turned out for him. Having skill and not producing, and not having skill and not producing are two separate things. None of us are in Moss' head so I guess we will have to watch him in the future (wherever he ends up playing) to figure out who is right.

What does it matter? I am not saying the Patriots should resign him. I just think its sad that this is how it turned out for him. Having skill and not producing, and not having skill and not producing are two separate things. None of us are in Moss' head so I guess we will have to watch him in the future (wherever he ends up playing) to figure out who is right.
I don't know, why discuss anything if you cant know what will happen in the future.
My point is simply that there was so much discussion about what Brady would do without Moss, that perhaps it was backwards.

I don't know, why discuss anything if you cant know what will happen in the future.
My point is simply that there was so much discussion about what Brady would do without Moss, that perhaps it was backwards.

2007 was a perfect storm, both players in their primes, and it resulted in a historic season for both players. Brady was as much part of Moss' revival as Moss was for Brady's gaudy passing numbers. But we've learned since then that Brady continues to make the players around him better, while Moss' impact has shrunk to the point where he's no longer a safe bet to make a single catch in a game.

I think it's very plausible that Brady as his QB was the best possible situation for Moss' career, and that it was all downhill after that.

It's mindnumbing. Ian dictates no more Moss threads and after some clown bumps a weeks old one a mod steps in...and starts debating the subject...

I changed my mind, so if you weren't in time to quick quote me, leave me be please.:D

Or perhaps no discussion of Moss is really valid anymore. I think that was what Ian tried to say last week...when he started his put it here or else thread...

You being you again ... :confused3:

Reagardless, I am loving his decline and the fact that he will absolutely not get a big contract (if he even gets a job) ever again. Maybe he can hook up with the 2-8 Bengals and join Ocho and TO. If Pats could win a superbowl this year, it would be great karma. Get rid of selfish superstar who plays hard when he feels like it and re-tool offense around a bunch of smurfs, undrafted rbs and rookie tight ends who all give 100% and return to greatness...Go Pats.

Forgive this Moss thread but....

....man oh man were the Ron Borges' of the world wrong on ripping the original Moss trade. Clearly, BB and Co. knew what they were doing.

First he had the lack of production and bizarre antics with the Pats and Vikes, but have you followed his two Titan's games?

He had just 1 catch in his first game, and the home town announcers were up in arms over Moss' lack of effort and giving up on plays etc. I listened to it, and was shocked. Shocked only because you'd think he would not pull that stuff in his first game with a new team.

Then in yesterday's game, Moss was thrown to 4 to 6 times, had ZERO catches, and two very costly penalties, that definitely helped the Titans lose at home to the Skins.

After watching Branch's great routes, and clutch catches yesterday, does anybody honestly think Moss would have duplicated that?

All that said, I'm really not a Moss basher. I actually want him to do well. I was just struck with how far he has fallen. As for OUR game yesterday, I could not be more proud of the Patriots! Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Patsfanners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Forgive this Moss thread but....

He wants to stink there so he can come back to the Patriots next year. He realizes now that there is only one Team he wants to play for and get his ring. Serves them right for claiming him off the Vikings. Happy Thanksgiving.

He wants to stink there so he can come back to the Patriots next year. He realizes now that there is only one Team he wants to play for and get his ring. Serves them right for claiming him off the Vikings. Happy Thanksgiving.

Anything is possible. :) That's one catch in two games with the Titans. He has more penalties than catches for them.

I have to agree I am a little shocked too. And I'm thinking he could probably still be good with us if he accepted a diminished offensive role. Because I do recall some great catches here this year before he left.

The Titans targeted Nate Washington more than anyone, it seemed.

I think that Ian was serious about Moss threads being merged with this one as I didn't see any :rofl: with his post.

I think that Ian was serious about Moss threads being merged with this one as I didn't see any :rofl: with his post.

As long as we can keep the Favre thread and the Seymour thread and the Jets Suck thread...

Re: Moss thread merged- per Ian

Are we still talking about Moss. He is gone. The Pats are 5-1 without him. He free agency stock is sinking faster than the Titantic and probably regrets that he wanted to be traded in the first place. Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes