Not open for further replies.

Haley

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ian
Is finally feeling normal again.
Save
Administrator

My Mood: The Official - Your Thread Will Get Merged Here If you Don't Move on from Moss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've read countless posts this morning with people moaning and groaning about the fact Moss is gone. It's time to move on and start focusing on who's here and the guys who are in this locker room. This topic is getting old - and even as patient as I am, I can't stand reading it any more.

Let's be realistic - he's not coming back. Tennessee isn't going to cut him, and the Titans are competitive and have a chance of doing some damage in the playoffs if they continue to play well. Moss wanted out of Minnesota because Childress is an idiot and the team is terrible - and Moss knew it. That's why things went down the way they did.

Otherwise it's week 8 - enough is enough. Things are only going to get tougher in the coming weeks, so it's time to pull it together and get ready for what will likely be some trying times ahead. If you can't handle a loss when the team is 6-2, I can only imagine what things will be like if they hit a rough spot - and one may be coming.

Needless to say I'll be merging all future threads related to that here. If you're frustrated with the wideout play, you're better off trying to discuss a solution other than bringing Randy back - otherwise I'm guessing this thead will be full pretty quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Randy Moss waiver update: Titans put in claim; Rams interested, too Read more: h

So begins the Moss epic holdout. :D

Re: Randy Moss waiver update: Titans put in claim; Rams interested, too Read more: h

The Titans? Really? God d%#*!@t. :mad: More reason to hate Jeff Fisher.

I can only hope if he does get claimed by them, that he sees that Young can't throw the deep ball as consistently as Brady or Favre can, and decides forget it.

Well, that rules out the Jets, Colts, Steelers, etc. And, obviously, the Patriots.

As I've said, though, like a broken record for the last 24 hours, I seriously doubt Moss will get anywhere close to the Titans. He'll go to one of the teams with a top 10 waiver preference claim position.

He's a cost-controlled $3.5 million hall of famer. Without a multi-year contract, there's no way he gets very far on the wire.

Moss would make the Titans scary as hell. How do you stack the box to stop CJ, commit a spy to stop VY AND take away the deep ball to Moss and Britt?

If they do get Moss, they better sweep the Colts!:mad:That's all they're good for anyway, providing a road block for Peyton.

What I wanna know is when the whole waiver thing will be finalized. I know the deadline is 4 o'clock. What, does every team answer yes or no, on down the line from 32 to 1, at 4? Or has the process already begun? If so, why doesn't anyone claim him already?
Or... has it already been finalized and the team who's got him have to saty so at 4?

I'm very confused about this whole thing since I don't have an NFL Owner's Manual in my back pocket like about a dozen or so guys who live on this board seem to.

So, please forgive me on my humiliating ignorance. lol. I know most a yuz guyz are the same way, but don't wanna open yer yap in fear of being called a novice from certain guys 'round here who walk around their bedrooms with a clipboard and headset, playing professional football coordinator.
I jumped around my room with a plastic electric guitar instead.

Additionally, the Seahawks have passed.

Moss would make the Titans scary as hell. How do you stack the box to stop CJ, commit a spy to stop VY AND take away the deep ball to Moss and Britt?

Simple, VY is throwing the ball.

What I wanna know is when the whole waiver thing will be finalized. I know the deadline is 4 o'clock. What, does every team answer yes or no, on down the line from 32 to 1, at 4? Or has the process already begun? If so, why doesn't anyone claim him already?
Or... has it already been finalized and the team who's got him have to saty so at 4?

I'm very confused about this whole thing since I don't have an NFL Owner's Manual in my back pocket like about a dozen or so guys who live on this board seem to.

So, please forgive me on my humiliating ignorance. lol. I know most a yuz guyz are the same way, but don't wanna open yer yap in fear of being called a novice from certain guys 'round here who walk around their bedrooms with a clipboard and headset, playing professional football coordinator.

If you want him, you put in a claim to the league office. There is no order to it. Anyone who wants him can make a claim. I believe that teams can also revoke claims before 4 p.m. today.

Once 4 p.m. comes, the process is closed. They look at all the claims and whomever is lowest in position on the claim order list is awarded the remainder of the contract.

I wondered that myself for a while. The way I understand it, each team gets a report listing who's become available, and all teams have until 4 PM the next day to file a claim. The team closest to the top of the list to put in a claim wins.

I really hope the Rams make a claim, I do NOT want him in Miami.

Thanks, PatsFanInAz and CtPatsFan. I'm originally from Fairfield, Connecticut myself. Cool. So, I guess the announcement will be made at 4 o'clock. Now I know how it works. Thanks.

It would be a good move for the Titans and a good move for the Pats. The Colts need to play the Titans twice late in the season. I think they already have a darn good team; this could be the piece that puts them atop the AFC South, even if Moss is just another decent receiver and no longer a star.

hahahaha

what a great post.

ps

Id also like to know how it works

the titans, like virtually all teams that are foolish enough to put Moss on their team, will get nothing out of him.

there are, i would say, three teams in the league that would get production out of moss: the Colts, Steelers, and Pats. those are the teams with coaching and veteran leadership that Moss would want the respect of. everyone else....

i mean i'll put it like this. If he goes to tennessee i'm dropping him from my fantasy team tonight.

List of players with more passing yards this season than Vince Young:

Philip Rivers
Kyle Orton
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Donovan McNabb
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning
Matt Schaub
Matt Ryan
Sam Bradford
Chad Henne
Joe Flacco
Tony Romo
Tom Brady
Alex Smith
Josh Freeman
Jay Cutler
Brett Favre
Matt Hasselbeck
Mark Sanchez
Shaun Hill
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Cassel
David Garrard
Kevin Kolb
Jason Campbell

Sorry, but I don't see how that's going to sit well with Moss. The presence of Kenny Britt isn't going to change anything, Chris Johnson IS their offense.

hahahaha

what a great post.

ps

Id also like to know how it works

LOL, your signature is GOLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes