PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Chiefs Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily we still have 75 percent of the season left to improve

Obviously that's a 'glass half full approach' but weren't we supposed to be awesome out of the gate?

I am glad Amendola is fighting people.

Brady6, are you feeling ok tonight? (just kidding)
Whatever the failures of Amendola, you have to credit that he was fighting, he was running down the field full speed to block. It at least says something about Amendola's heart......

Every Dynasty comes to an end. You would just hope for them to go out with a bang, not a fizzle. The jury is not out on the Brady Bunch yet, but I don't think this franchise has been set up for that.

For the past 3 years I have seen slow degradation, as opposed to what most of us fans wanted and hoped to see. A build up and eventual run for another Superbowl with a loaded team in Brady's final years. Bill and the higher powers appear to have other plans than what we and everyone else expected.

Sucks that knowing Bill and this organization we will probably never even get an explanation.

Almost 450 yards of offense and 41 points allowed?

Yipes!

Gotta go to work, boys. Bengals are coming this Sunday!

"We have to play better, we have to coach better, we have to draft better, we have to trade better, we have to equip our players with better shoes..."

"Well, obviously, your shoes are never as bad as they look in your worst game or as good as they look in your best game. It is what it is. Not taking anything away from the Chiefs' shoes, they played an excellent game, and kudos to Andy Reid's shoes..."

Anyone who is absolving Brady of any blame in this game needs to wake up. There is plenty of blame to go around and Brady deserves some too with the many boneheaded decisions he was making on the field. The entire team was atrocious.

Can one of our sober fans talk to me about Brady getting the Drew treatment.

I know this story and I ant become drunk enough to accpt my fav player in history of sports throwing it away like this in front of everyone

Brady's had bad games before

Unfortunately, though, he also hasn't looked great this year in any games to make up for how bad he looked tonight

I wish I could say "I'm sure it will be fine" but it might not be. Not sure it's the Drew treatment, might end up being the Favre/Rodgers treatment

Obviously that's a 'glass half full approach' but weren't we supposed to be awesome out of the gate?
Not in my view the season has a lot of highs and lows what matters to me is the playoffs which right now the Pats do not look like a playoff team, but it wouldn't surprise me if they handle Cincy next week

Can we stop with this QB controversy nonsense? That goes for the media too.

Just stop.

Tom Brady broke Tom Brady. We all know he had superstars in the SB years......get real. Drink some more kool aid.

Defense: I think our biggest problems is the coaching staff. I see the personnel there and I don't believe how bad we've played.

Zone Defense in the secondary, a lot of space against the WR considering Smith can only throw within his first 20 yard, just a HORRIBLE defense against the run (It really should not be this bad).

This is insane, one of the worst defeats I've seen by the Pats

Nothing to say that hasn't been said about the Pats performance tonight.

On to the Bengals. I'm expecting a loss, but not one as ugly as this one.

Thanks Steve young. Tom is not the problem

Patriots were down by 34 points before a meaningless touchdown cut the deficit to 27. This looks like it will be the worst loss by the Pats since the They Hate Their Coach Game.

In 2013 the Pats lost four regular season games by 18 points (7, 3, 4, 4), and then lost in the playoffs by 10.

In 2012 the Pats lost four regular season games by 11 points (2, 1, 1, 7), and then lost in the playoffs by 15.

In 2011 the Pats lost three regular season games by 15 points (3, 8, 4), and then lost in the playoffs by 4.

In 2010 the Pats lost two regular season games by 34 points (14, 20), and then lost in the playoffs by 7.

In 2009 the Pats lost six regular season games by 40 points (7, 3, 1, 21 (Saints), 1, 7), and then lost in the playoffs to Baltimore by 19 to end the year of discontent (Adalius Thomas, Shawn Springs).

In 2008 the Pats lost five regular season games by 74 points (25 (Ronnie Brown wildcat game), 20, 3, 3, 23) in a no-playoff year with Matt Cassel at QB.

In 2007 the Pats lost one game by three points.

In 2006 the Pats lost four regular season games by 41 points (10, 7, 3, and the Miami audio tape game by 21), and then lost in the playoffs by 4.

In 2005 the Pats lost six regular season games by 78 points (10, 24 to SD, 8, 19 to Indy, 10, 2), and then lost in the playoffs by 14.

In 2004 the Pats lost two regular season games by 15 points (14, 1).

In 2003 the pats lost two regular season games by 34 points (31 in the They Hate Their Coach Game, 3).

As bad as the playoff blowout loss to Baltimore was, the debacle in Cleveland was, the wildcat game was or the audio tape games was, this was worse.

You have to go all the way back to first game of the 2003 season to find a loss by the Patriots that was as bad as this one was.

Ray is about to burst a vein watching highlights of the Pats D tonight.

The ESPN guys are feasting on the remains of this game.

"We have to play better, we have to coach better, we have to draft better, we have to trade better, we have to equip our players with better shoes..."
Kraft will cut corners to save a penny on anything did I see the Nike Cleats with the backwards Swoosh?

Trent Dilfer is absolutely giddy on the post game blah blah. What a giant vagina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes