PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots Draft thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay folks:

I need to step in and note that Seneschal2 is one of our more worthy draftniks. He and I may have had a heated exchange, but we'll get past this to disagree again in the run up to the 2010 draft. I think we can all kick back and find some positives from today's draft, if nothing else Oakland continues to suck and the Jets just paid a Favre dividend refund to the AFCE.

Thank you.

Good first day. Some observations:

1. It seems like the Pats had Delmas and Chung rated pretty high. When Delmas got chosen, we wasted no time and picked Chung. Maybe if Delmas was still available we would have drafted him. Who knows, but Chungs seems like he could contribute right away with special teams and has been productive during his college career. Plus he was a leader and a good character guy.

2. It was surprising how often we passed on Everett Brown. I thought he was going to go in the middle of the first round. He had a productive year as a DE and most pass rushers usually are coveted and are early picks. We had numerous chances at him and we passed up. Obviously Bill and company see something that they weren't enamored with. I wonder if we would have picked Larry English if he was available.

3. I love the Brace and Butler picks. You can never have enough good DLs and a NT for our 3-4 is hard to find. I still hope we sign Wilfork to an extension and I think we will, but having Brace here means that if something were to happen to Wilfork, we have a backup that is capable. I love the forward thinking here.

Butler is a stud. I would have been happy if we picked him at #23 so us getting him in the second round is awesome. He's a phenomenal athlete that is going to excel in special teams and can also play some offense and I believe he's going to be our #1 CB within 2 years. Plus he is not afraid to come up and stick his nose in in the running game. Bye bye Ellis Hobbs.

4. THe day would not be complete without a WTF moment. Vollmer provided that and even though we as fans here in these forums are saying WTF, I trust BB's judgement that this guy was worth the pick.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

12 3-4 OLB types were drafted - and none by the Patriots.

12? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I think you are over-stating things, ALOT.

The last several drafts I have sat watching the 3-4 OLB prospects, and the Pats really have avoided them.

Shawn Crable was avoided?

Michael Johnson, Lawrence Sidbury, Stryker Sulak are the top remaining.

You go ahold of the Patriots draft board? WOW.. that's pretty slick... Umm.. OK.. how do you know those are the top remaining according to the Patriots?

Only two ILB's have been drafted, so there is lots of depth there.

Lots of good WR's remain.
Hard to imagine what the Pats will do with another four third rounders.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride..

Wow I just got home from work and at first glance these are what jump out at me about day one.

I might add Michael Mitchell which I had as a UDFA going at #47 but it is Al Davis.

Yes, Michael Mitchell definitely should be there too.

There you go! You got it right the second time around! You're learning. Now all you need to learn is how to differentiate your homophones.

I have no need for negative attention. I just choose not to put with your crap. Sorry if that bothers you.

Insult me all you want, I really don't care. In fact, it's kind of amusing. Almost as amusing as you pretending like you know the slightest bit about me.

Wow, Jack.. Seems like Wotan has his panties in a wad.

Not that it makes a difference, but I've always felt you bring good stuff to the boards. At least the main and draft.. I can't speak for the Politcal board. And if Wotan is bringing that schtick in here.. :beatingcoming:

Wow, Jack.. Seems like Wotan has his panties in a wad.

Not that it makes a difference, but I've always felt you bring good stuff to the boards. At least the main and draft.. I can't speak for the Politcal board. And if Wotan is bringing that schtick in here.. :beatingcoming:

I mean, I don't really even know what's going on anymore, or what we're arguing about. Just kind of playing along. I don't actually post in the Political Forum... but thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

Well, it certainly is a reflection of your intelligence. Which is evidentally not very formidable. So, thus, I can take your criticism with a massive grain of salt. I don't really care if anonymous dimwitted posters on a forum are too sensitive to carry on a discussion.

Not quite Jack and it's only in internet pissing matches such as these that my intelligence is questioned by posters who revert to spelling attacks. And I'd hardly call what you try to do "carry on a discussion." All the other ad hominem you're compelled to type, I'll leave alone. You're beginning to bore me, sport.;)

Not quite Jack and it's only in internet pissing matches such as these that my intelligence is questioned by posters who revert to spelling attacks. And I'd hardly call what you try to do "carry on a discussion." All the other ad hominem you're compelled to type, I'll leave alone. You're beginning to bore me, sport.;)

OK, let's all leave it at that folks, and get back to the draft discussion.

Hey guys the conference calls to all the players we drafted are on Patriots.com

Butler seemed really excited

*^%(*% it's gonna suck if one of these turns out to be a superstar, what a dull ***** draft for us. Still think, we should have taken someone in the first, that sucked, for now at least. :mad:

(23) Ravens (From Patriots) Oher, Michael OT 6'5" 309 Mississippi
(24) Falcons Jerry, Peria DT 6'2" 299 Mississippi
(25) Dolphins Davis, Vontae CB 5'11" 203 Illinois
(26) Packers (From Ravens through Patriots) Matthews, Clay OLB 6'3" 240 Southern Cal
(27) Colts Brown, Donald RB 5'10" 210 Connecticut
(28) Bills (From Panthers through Eagles) Wood, Eric C 6'4" 310 Louisville
(29) Giants Nicks, Hakeem WR 6'1" 212 North Carolina
(30) Titans Britt, Kenny WR 6'3" 218 Rutgers
(31) Cardinals Wells, Chris RB 6'1" 235 Ohio State
(32) Steelers Hood, Evander DT 6'3" 300 Missouri
(33) Lions Delmas, Louis CB 6'0" 202 Western Michigan

(34) Patriots (From Chiefs) Chung, Patrick SS 5'11" 212 Oregon

(35) Rams Laurinaitis, James ILB 6'2" 244 Ohio State
(36) Browns Robiskie, Brian WR 6'3" 209 Ohio State
(37) Broncos (From Seahawks) Smith, Alphonso CB 5'9" 193 Wake Forest
(38) Bengals Maualuga, Rey ILB 6'2" 249 Southern Cal
(39) Jaguars Britton, Eben OT 6'6" 309 Arizona

Chung for Cassel, wtf is that, seriously?

What was wrong with giving Maualuga or Laurinaitis a shot at LB? Bruschi getting old, no?

Or another CB? I dont know, I hope BB knows what he's doing, he does, right?

How do you know it hasn't been addressed? How do you know that the Patriots don't have Crable or Woods pegged opposite Thomas. Or that they have a deal with Jason Taylor done.

The Pass Rush needs to be addressed by more than just adding an OLB. Go back and do your homework on 2003 and 2004 and figure out where the Pass rush came from. Then come back and talk garbage yourself.

Crable this is the same guy that couldnt even make gameday roster right? Or how bout TBC? Woods is ok but not much of a threat. I hope it works out and Im fine with whatever BB decides to do but you cant sit and tell me you have no concerns about the ability to rush the passer. You go back and do homework on 03 n 04 I have better things to do then to sit home on a sat night there is a thing called having a night life, look into it itl do you some good buddy take care.

Crable this is the same guy that couldnt even make gameday roster right?

They don't allow you onto the field if you're on the IR.

Crable this is the same guy that couldnt even make gameday roster right? Or how bout TBC? Woods is ok but not much of a threat. I hope it works out and Im fine with whatever BB decides to do but you cant sit and tell me you have no concerns about the ability to rush the passer. You go back and do homework on 03 n 04 I have better things to do then to sit home on a sat night there is a thing called having a night life, look into it itl do you some good buddy take care.

Crable was IRed on November 5th. Prior to that, he was listed on the injured report as doubtful or out every week of the season.

As for night life. Some of us have better things to do than going out and wasting money on nothing like you did.

BTW, it would have taken you less than 15 minutes to educate yourself on teh 03 and 04 defenses and get the information I talked about. Clearly you are too lazy to concern yourself with how this team operates.

Last edited:
Dont remember clearly but he wasnt on IR the entire season.

Its not easy to make the starting roster as a rookie,in fact if you look at most teams,thier draft picks from rounds 3 and less are rare to find guys that start immediately or at all in thier rookie year,even on crap teams

Crable was IRed on November 5th. Prior to that, he was listed on the injured report as doubtful or out every week of the season.

As for night life. Some of us have better things to do than going out and wasting money on nothing like you did.

BTW, it would have taken you less than 15 minutes to educate yourself on teh 03 and 04 defenses and get the information I talked about. Clearly you are too lazy to concern yourself with how this team operates.

What happened to the jackass comment? ;) :D

Dont remember clearly but he wasnt on IR the entire season.

ahahaha....lolz!

apparently you don't remember.

would it be too much to ask if people figured out wtf they were talking about before they came in here crying and trying to take over the operation?

*^%(*% it's gonna suck if one of these turns out to be a superstar, what a dull ***** draft for us. Still think, we should have taken someone in the first, that sucked, for now at least. :mad:

Chung for Cassel, wtf is that, seriously?

What was wrong with giving Maualuga or Laurinaitis a shot at LB? Bruschi getting old, no?

Or another CB? I dont know, I hope BB knows what he's doing, he does, right?

First of all, It wasn't just Chung for Cassel. It was Chung and 18 million in Cap space, which the Patriots turned into Shawn Springs, Leigh Bodden, Fred Taylor and Chris Baker.

As for Maualuga and Laurinitus, clearly the Pats felt that neither of them fit their scheme. You don't draft a guy if you don't believe he fits your scheme.

Chung is a SS and should be starting opposite Meriweather in a year or two. Butler is another kid who stands to be a stud.. And he could be a Ty Law without the attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back