PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats like saying
Thomas Jefferson = Spiro Agnew = Dan Quayle

or Albert Einstein = Forrest Gump = Carl in Slingblade

I'm gonna get me some french fried pataters.... mmmm Hmmm.

From Mike Reiss

Pats 6th rounder Nate Ebner (Hilliard Davidson) & 7th rounder Jeremy Ebert (Hilliard Darby) attended HS one mile apart from each other.

The draft wrap up thread, that I figure will be coming, should be an interesting one.

Stoked with the draft!!!!!

Could be potentially the best draft class ever for the patriots IMO

I'm not sure how I feel about this pick, we like our white receivers smurf sized, at 6ft he's really not quite in the smurf range anymore. I'm not sure he's going to fit in.

Makes all the tough catches, plays in the slot and can take the roof off of the defense occasionally.

Does Ebert have experience returning kick offs?

EDIT: Never mind; NE Patriots Draft says "If you were looking for a return man, Ebert isn’t that. He only returned five kickoffs for 88 yards during his career."

Last edited:
Thats like saying

Haha you're correct. I wasn't saying those two guys are anywhere near Wes Welker, just getting the obvious comparison out there.

Someone compared Ebert to welker when he was coming out of Tech yesterday on the draft tracker comment section, Kudos to them. BB must like his numbers, he has great collegiate production.

Thats like saying

Does every analogy have to be quibbled with? They're similar receivers with similar production with similar measurables who all fill similar roles on this team and who were all underdrafted similarly.

And this is the draft.

I mean, really.

Thats like saying

Don't think so. Kid was a former dual threat QB.

Haha you're correct. I wasn't saying those two guys are anywhere near Wes Welker, just getting the obvious comparison out there.

I think Welker coming into the league could be a ok comparison, as neither were highly touted and their speed/quickness seems comparable.

If you saw the way LeBron and the Heat played tonight you wouldn't be saying that trust me. The East is a cake walk for them and i wish them well to get a championship, the hate LeBron gets is very undeserved.

Just remember the Celtics got their own big 3 a few years ago and Wade, James and Bosh just followed their blueprint.

Yes, but you did not see KG making a special on ESPN all about himself, or Boston's big three having a victory party declaring they are winning 8+ titles. The Heat are very easy to dislike.

Thats like saying

6 roller award ...

:rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ...

Stoked with the draft!!!!!

Could be potentially the best draft class ever for the patriots IMO

Yup. If someone had said we'd draft a long DE with upside, my man Hightower, Jake Bequette, Alfonso Dennard and a receiver who can run routes, I'd have taken that in a hearbeat.

Still worried about the safety position unless that's where Dennard goes.

Jeremy Ebert
New England Patriots
Round 7, Pick 235
SI Grade
SI Grading System
Position: WR
Class: Sr
School: Northwestern
HT: 5'10"
WT: 206 lbs.
40 Time: 4.38
Biography: Three-year starter awarded all-conference honors the past two seasons. Senior totals included 75 receptions/1060 yards/11 TDs speed after he had 62/953/8 as a junior.

Positives: Speedy, big-play receiver with reliable hands. Quickly releases off the line into pass routes, immediately gets to top speed and easily adjusts to the pass running full tilt. Extends to make the difficult catch. Flies around the field for the ball. Displays terrific concentration and eye/hand coordination. Finds a way to sneak into the open space of the defense and makes himself an available target. Extends his hands and consistently makes the reception away from his frame.

Negatives: Possesses a thin build and will struggle handling jams. Slows into routes and gets very choppy-footed.

Analysis: Ebert is a receiver prospect who?s fallen under the radar, but he has legitimate pass-catching skills and speed for the next level. He's a solid last-day pick who can line up as a fifth receiver during his rookie season.

Read more: Jeremy Ebert - 2012 Draft Tracker - SI.com

2016 : Mallett to Ebert

So we go an Ebert and Ebner...Say that 5 times fast

Loved our 6th and 7th round picks.

Wes Welker clone apparently.

Patrick Edwards is the Wes Welker clone. Including being a walk-on and returning kicks and punts for Houston.

Ebert is faster than Welker (4.38-40 compared to 4.61- 40). Welker had the better short shuttle, but Ebert the better 3-cone (6.70 to 7.09)

Ebert also have very limited experience as a kick returner, having only 5 returns for 86 yards..

Ebert is more Deion Branch than Wes Welker..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back