PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone saying they hate this pick has probably never even heard of this kid before in their life. What is so shocking about us taking a safety I'm just curious? Our pass defense was HORRIBLE, I don't know much about the kid either but I like the fact that we took a safety.

you answered your own question, no one knows who the eff he is lol

It addresses a big need... but who is this guy?

Well, let's hope it turns out about as well as Vollmer back in '09...

Was this kid invited to the combine

Hopefully a better career than another Safety named Wilson.....as in Eugene

If memory serves, that "other" safety named Wilson has at least one big honking ring with a Patriots logo on it. :D

We all knew this was coming sooner or later this sucks because I think that we could have traded this pic and have gotten more pics and still have landed this guy

You need at least two teams for a trade.

FIGHTINGILLINI.COM - Tavon Wilson Profile
He was a captain.

WILSON AWARDS & HONORS

Honorable Mention All-Big Ten (2010 & 2011)
Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (10/10)
CFPA National Defensive Performer and DB of the Week (10/10/11)
Big Ten Sportsmanship Honoree (2010

NFL.com doesnt even have a real profile. CNNSI projected him as a FA, not in the top 250 I'm looking at....

Notice how in response to the pick, the tv guys talked about Brandon Lloyd?

Just got a pic of Wilson...the man can ball!!

Wilson_The_Volleyball.jpg

But my point is, don't say you hate the pick while you have no idea who he is or what his body of work is. I don't mean you personally btw, just speaking in general

If it makes anyone feel better, apparently he was very durable (played in 49 of 50 college games) and can line up at both corner and free safety,

Tavon Wilson

Wilson spent four years at the University of Illinois, splitting his tenure between playing cornerback and safety. At 6'0", 205 lbs. he appears to have some decent power to him, something Nolan would be immediately drawn to.

He was known as a valuable leader for the Fighting Illini, and his college bio page says he was Illinois' honoree for the Big Ten Sportsmanship Award in 2010. These are two qualities we've come to expect out of prospects The Comrade brings in.

In 2011 Wilson was one of the better defenders on a defense that only allowed 19.6 points per game, ranking No. 15 in the nation.

His coverage skills could use some work, which is why he's projected to go in Round 6-7, but he can be physical and doesn't seem to shy away from contact.

Everyone saying they hate this pick has probably never even heard of this kid before in their life. What is so shocking about us taking a safety I'm just curious? Our pass defense was HORRIBLE, I don't know much about the kid either but I like the fact that we took a safety.

Safeties who can't play are a dime a dozen. Pats already have a bunch of them. Could have picked up any dozen guys off the street instead of wasting 48 on this pick

It is a WTF pick, but a lot those WTF picks turn into studs. Hopefully this guy will be another one of those studs.

Honestly we really shouldn't be surprised. We should all be used to this by now. LOL :D

FIGHTINGILLINI.COM - Tavon Wilson Profile
He was a captain.

WILSON AWARDS & HONORS

Honorable Mention All-Big Ten (2010 & 2011)
Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (10/10)
CFPA National Defensive Performer and DB of the Week (10/10/11)
Big Ten Sportsmanship Honoree (2010

Just looked through his bio, dude is only a couple months older than I am. WTF am I doing with my life.:bricks:

Tomorrow there will be claims that 5 other teams were just about to pick him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back