PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 3 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. After all, the general rule is that the best pass rushing OLBs are found in the 6th and 7th rounds.

Well, the best QB's are found in the sixth round, so this must be true.

Markell Carter rated high in defensive end rankings

Then it was off to Central Arkansas. From the beginning of his career there, he saw major playing time. He became a fulltime starter after his sophomore season — and after shedding approximately 25 pounds.

He had bulked up to approximately 270 pounds his sophomore year, but went back down to 245-to-250, the weight at which he played his last two seasons.

He appeared in 34 games his first three years, compiling a total of 11 sacks, 20 tackles for loss and one interception (his freshman year).

Carter’s final campaign as a UCA Bear was truly special.

During his senior season, He compiled 62 tackles (25 solo), and almost 20 tackles for losses equaling 103 yards. Carter also was credited with seven quarterback hurries, and he recovered four fumbles.

His career stats at UCA included 143 tackles (62 solo), 38.5 tackles for loss (nearly 10 a year) and 16.5 sacks.

NFL Draft Scout

Pro Day Results:
Height: 6043
Weight: 252
40: 4.70
20: 2.74
10: 1.71
Bench Reps: 17
Vertical: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'01"
Shuttle: 4.45
3-Cone: 7.43

Fitzy on Twitter: Well hot nuts, the Patriots finally selected an OLB, Markell Carter. Just the kind you'd expect; from a school I've never heard of before.

This confirms that this is indeed, Jesus H. Christ:

Carter also was measured in the vertical jump at 35-feet-and-a-half-inches.

Good point. After all, the general rule is that the best pass rushing OLBs are found in the 6th and 7th rounds.

James Harrison was a UDFA. 49 career sacks FYI. :)

Last edited:
LOL. I liked how he set the edge against East Bum F*ck Comunity College and Deli. He's the answer to all our prayers.

hahaha you guys are cracking me up!

385_smiley_face_cop.gif
do not post that story regarding Smith. I've deleted the original post and all those who had to "quote" it.

This is a football thread, not for unproven smear pieces. If you don't know all of the facts of a 5 year old story, don't post any.

LOL. I liked how he set the edge against East Bum F*ck Comunity College and Deli. He's the answer to all our prayers.
Ben Coates, Livingstone College.

Can we at least see the kid play before we rip him?

Back on subject, one more pick #219. I'd certainly like them to go with Herzlich if he's still there.

What did we get for flipping picks with the Eagles besides a great big thank you.

Back on subject, one more pick #219. I'd certainly like them to go with Herzlich if he's still there.

What did we get for flipping picks with the Eagles besides a great big thank you.

a promise we won't have to baby sit any of Andy Reid's kids...

Herzlich gone b4 PATS??? 219 is it???

I hope not

Ben Coates, Livingstone College.

Can we at least see the kid play before we rip him?
I have no problem with that. But to say that those that have been complaining about not drafting pass rushers should be happy now is a bit much.
Not saying that you did. But some actually went there.

So another person who wants to complain that OLB wasn't addressed earlier. We've been listening to this same song for three days now. Anyway, whatever position they pushed off until the 6th round to draft is going to have players that have ore questions about their skills, character, or injury history. With Carter, its the competition level he played against as his measureables seem to check out. Anyway, the Pats clearly decided that OT, RB, and DB were either bigger needs or had better fits for the team in the top of the draft.

I think this pick absolutely shows that some people aren't angry that they aren't trying to improve the pass rush, they're only upset that one of the players they liked were passed over. Carter may never play a down in the NFL, or he may become a solid contributor. But how about people see what he can do during mini-camps and TC before saying he isn't a good pick or that someone else would have been better. What will people say if he comes in and impresses from day 1?

385_smiley_face_cop.gif
do not post that story regarding Smith. I've deleted the original post and all those who had to "quote" it.

This is a football thread, not for unproven smear pieces. If you don't know all of the facts of a 5 year old story, don't post any.

what if its a story about a player on the Jets.:rolleyes:

Probably a handshake and an understanding that if the Pats did business with the Eagles again, they could get a good deal done.

what if its a story about a player on the Jets.:rolleyes:

all stories about any Jets are considered 100% accurate...until Mike Westhoff blames the Patriots, that is...

That's fine. you can even add some more unproven smears to the story.:D

Can we post that story in the practice squad forum. I'm sure people want to discuss it.

I'm assuming its one of those "undisclosed compensation" from a past trade. That's my guess.

So another person who wants to complain that OLB wasn't addressed earlier. We've been listening to this same song for three days now. Anyway, whatever position they pushed off until the 6th round to draft is going to have players that have ore questions about their skills, character, or injury history. With Carter, its the competition level he played against as his measureables seem to check out. Anyway, the Pats clearly decided that OT, RB, and DB were either bigger needs or had better fits for the team in the top of the draft.

I think this pick absolutely shows that some people aren't angry that they aren't trying to improve the pass rush, they're only upset that one of the players they liked were passed over. Carter may never play a down in the NFL, or he may become a solid contributor. But how about people see what he can do during mini-camps and TC before saying he isn't a good pick or that someone else would have been better. What will people say if he comes in and impresses from day 1?

The team has a major need. This was understood and agreed with by just about everyone. Now, because the team failed to address it, the homers are bashing those who are pointing it out. Sorry slick but, while getting lucky would be nice, drafting 2 running backs at the top of the draft while waiting until round 6 to find a pass rushing OLB is not addressing the issue.

Jets up, who thinks they go BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference