PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The mocking of Tim Tebow

Your crazy to call him a crappy football player, crappy is a guy who has no skill set and no motivation

No. Crappy is someone who can't play football in the NFL at a high level. Ergo, Tebow.

I'm guessing the Lions players mocked Tebow because they spent a week listening to the media fawn over him for his heroics in the Miami game like he was Aaron Rodgers even though he probably isn't among the top 1,000 players in the NFL.

I think that the level of coverage is over the top for a football player that is not very good currently at his position on a sub-par team. I didn't think that he would be that good coming out of college, and I think that the majority of the pundits had low expectations for him at the QB position (which is why there was such shock that the Broncos drafted him so highly). That said, I don't think that it is his fault where he was drafted, and he is not being put in a position to succeed in Denver it seems. I hope that he does well because it appears that he is an upstanding citizen, and I agree that the overwhelming hatred toward him seems to be because of his beliefs, but also does have something to do with his current lack of success.

You've hit on the perfect word that describes much of the media commentary re: Tim Tebow.
Angry
People get angry when it's personal to them. Why is it so personal with so many when it comes to young NFL QB Tim Tebow?? You say it's race based. Could be. I think much of it is anti-Christian at its' core. Perhaps we're both right. One thing is for certain. This young man has come under more scrutiny and judgement than any other young player in the NFL. This kid has had what 5 starts in the NFL?? He's started 5 games and just look at the volume of commentary and criticism of him. There is an underlying reason for that. No other 1st rounder from 2010 has met this level of vitriol. Not even close.

vitriol? That seems a bit much.

As others have commented, if it's anti-Christian, why isn't the same "vitriol" directed at the myriad other football players (and other athletes) who publicly profess their religious beliefs?

Given the preponderance of religion in America, primarily Christianity, it's comical to hear Christians whine about their alleged persecution.

How many players write a biography before they turn pro? How many have statues of themselves at their Alma maters before they turn pro, or after for that matter. Tebow was a great college player who used his religiosity to bring attention to himself and his personal life. Tebows fans screeched at the top of their lungs for him to br installed as the starter when it was pretty obvious he wasn'tready for the job, and he made no attempt to quiet them because he's a fierce competitor and wanted that chance. I have nothing agAinst him and could care less about his faith but he is certainly not a victim and IMO those trying to play the victim of his faith card are full of it, if anything he's a victim of sucking. I honestly think he should seriously consider becoming an H Back if he wants a long successful career in the NFL because really doesn't look anything like an NFL QB when he is playing.

Tebow is notorious for shoving his religion down peoples throats. That being said, "Tebowing" is just plain funny.

The nice thing about BB is that you can be certain that this kind of controversy can never happen under him. The guys on the roster and the guys that start do so only because BB thinks that's the best thing to produce wins. I'm a fan, but I honestly don't think I'm qualified to say where Tebow belongs on the Broncos' roster. I think back to all the wonderful draft presents I expected the Pats would get for Matt Cassell once Brady was ready to return and look at what they did get. That tells me I just don't know enough to make that sort of call.

I could see Tebow getting picked on because of his religious position, I can also see him getting more opportunities than he deserves because of it. Some franchises let that sort of dog and pony show exist. I'm glad ours doesn't.

'Nuff said?

r-TEBOW-JESUS-large570.jpg

Tim Tebow Jesus Jerseys Created By Denver Broncos Fans Causes Controversy (POLL)

He's a self righteous douchebag who's religion controls his life.

Tebow may be religious and devout but not everyone shares his beliefs and some find them offensive. If he chooses to champion his beliefs then he will be subject of criticism and ridicule. He is in fact a public figure. Further, the fact that he imposes his beliefs with his chronic prayer on the field as if Jesus gave him a touchdown is as insulting and offensive as those fans of his who wear Jesus jerseys. The reason this site has separate political and religious forums is that most fans watch football to watch football, not for political or religious reasons. Tebow should keep his faith to himself and off the football field if he doesn't want the criticism. Can't wait until we have a Muslim player praying towards Mecca after a TD.

Tim Tebow "Jesus" jerseys raise eyebrows - CBS News

Tebow may be religious and devout but not everyone shares his beliefs and some find them offensive. If he chooses to champion his beliefs then he will be subject of criticism and ridicule. He is in fact a public figure. Further, the fact that he imposes his beliefs with his chronic prayer on the field as if Jesus gave him a touchdown is as insulting and offensive as those fans of his who wear Jesus jerseys. The reason this site has separate political and religious forums is that most fans watch football to watch football, not for political or religious reasons. Tebow should keep his faith to himself and off the football field if he doesn't want the criticism. Can't wait until we have a Muslim player praying towards Mecca after a TD.

1) Tebow has never once complained about any criticism sent his way by closed minded, intolerant bigots. But please don't interpret that statement as me saying you're a closed minded, intolerant bigot. No, please don't come away with that impression because I would never call you such a thing because that would violate forum rules.

2) Boy doesn't that pesky freedom of speech and freedom of religion thing suck? It especially sucks how all those people you disagree with get to practice it too, huh?

3) I think more people are offended by sodomy than by Christianity. Maybe all the people who practice sodomy shouldn't be allowed to do that either. Or at the very least they should just shut up and keep it to themselves like you say Tebow should do, right?

Fact is Tebow is one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time, and a mediocre professional one. But since he is a Christian, he is going to be the target of hatred by a lot of small minded bigots or, for example, those who practice perverse lifestyles.

Last edited:
... Maybe all the people who practice sodomy shouldn't be allowed to do that either. Or at the very least they should just shut up and keep it to themselves like you say Tebow should do, right?

Lot of sodomy going on on the football field, wolfie?

and who's proposing that he shouldn't be allowed to be a Christian? just more irrational thought...

(And btw, you realize that sodomy is a heterosexual activity as well as homosexual, right?)

... But since he is a Christian, he is going to be the target of hatred by a lot of small minded bigots or, for example, those who practice perverse lifestyles.

Yeah, so much hatred towards Christians, wolfie. How do Christians manage in such a hostile environment here in the US? You're such brave warriors. :rolleyes:

... or, for example, those who practice perverse lifestyles.

Tony Dungy practices a perverse lifestyle?

Or is the "hatred" limited to those Tebow detractors who aren't active in declaring their Christian faith?

You called him mediocre -- does that make you one of the attackers who practices a perverse lifestyle?

Please keep it civil or I'll lock the thread.

aside from anything else about the media I will start to care about him when he wins a game against a top team like the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Texans, Packers ect.. The games he won this year were one part of his own division and they all suck except maybe (laugh) the Raiders. Also when he knows how to throw a pass and not run. Then call me!

Also the only real good team he play against was the Lions and they smashed him an the team. So like I said until they beat a top team call me.

1) 3) I think more people are offended by sodomy than by Christianity. Maybe all the people who practice sodomy shouldn't be allowed to do that either. Or at the very least they should just shut up and keep it to themselves like you say Tebow should do, right?

Until you show me an incidence of someone practicing sodomy on a football field at half-time, I'd say they DO keep it to themselves.

Let me know when she starts playing football, ok? Till then, kthxbai.

1507L-6314.jpg

Until you show me an incidence of someone practicing sodomy on a football field at half-time, I'd say they DO keep it to themselves.

Let me know when she starts playing football, ok? Till then, kthxbai.

1507L-6314.jpg

Let me know too.

Okay, back on topic:

1) There's already a position for a guy that runs the ball. It's called runningback.

2) (Something of a corollary) Running quarterbacks break.

3) Interesting about how this board is full of people who hate "hollywood wife swappers," like Sean Penn -- who spend months trying to help rebuild an earthquake-ravaged region. This clown's whole point seems to be "I wasn't aborted, and now I play football. Therefore abortion is wrong, God is great (in Arabic, Allahu Akhbar,) and let me take every opportunity to make that the point of the game.

Maybe a gedanken experiment would be helpful here.

How would you feel if a Muslim player shouted "Allahu Akhbar!" at the top of his lungs every time he scored a touchdown? How about if he did ads for one or another Muslim charity or political advocacy group?

Hey, it's Tebow's right to turn his football career into a political issue. I just hate that we only extend that "right" to the political right, or to certain favored religious groups.

PFnV

Last edited:
I remember reading dozens of articles complaining about all the other players "shoving their faith down the throat of America" by kneeling after a TD.

bilde

Nate+Washington+Oakland+Raiders+v+Tennessee+Xh_bGtqED95l.jpg

I mean, really, when have we ever seen football players praying?

kneeling.jpg

vitriol? That seems a bit much.

As others have commented, if it's anti-Christian, why isn't the same "vitriol" directed at the myriad other football players (and other athletes) who publicly profess their religious beliefs?

Given the preponderance of religion in America, primarily Christianity, it's comical to hear Christians whine about their alleged persecution.

Like I was saying....;)

And I'm sure when we do, you'll toss the same hatred, criticism, and vitriol his way, as you do with Tebow. :rolleyes: I don't call you Frauders for nothing.

-------------------------------------------------

As for Tebow and his religion, tone it down son. People don't like it when you throw out your political and/or religious beliefs so much. Even if you are asked about them, it's best you keep the answers as short and dumbed down as possible.

As for Tebow and his football ability, the kid is both a winner, and a football player. I'd expect most Pats fans would love and appreciate him for that. Whether or not his ability on the field will be spent under center going forward, I don't know, but I do doubt. In this league you have to be able to throw a little bit, and right now that part of his game is certainly lacking. I would have loved to see McDaniels get a few years with this kid. Either way, let him play. The team isn't ready to compete for a championship, so seeing what they've got makes sense. I actually think they should open it up for him a little more so they can see if he has room to grow with his arm, or if what we see is what we get. I do know the kid will be in the league one way or another. If not as a QB, then as an Hback/TE/FB hybrid type of some kind.

Oh, btw the Broncos was again today. ;)

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3