PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The mocking of Tim Tebow

Thus it will be always.

Last edited:
i like ur sig. was a beast spike by brady

Thanks man! It was pretty great. Nice to see a Bronco fan see it for what it is; raw emotion, not some slight against Denver.

I'm sure that everyone has already heard the 316/3:16 thing, but here a couple of others (from CHFF):

Here are mine:

Final score: 29-23

"and they spoke false things in My name, which I had not commanded them, and I am He Who knows and a witness, says the Lord." Isaiah 29:23

Thomas scored 11 seconds into the 5th quarter.

"And you shall moan when your end comes, when your flesh and your body are consumed" Proverbs 5:11

Ahh, the Bible, so malleable in its application. :D

Last edited:
Here are mine:

"and they spoke false things in My name, which I had not commanded them, and I am He Who knows and a witness, says the Lord." Isaiah 29:23

I prefer:

The goats for the sin offering were brought before the king and the assembly, and they laid their hands on them. - 2 Chronicles 29:23.

Oh wait, that's this weeks game. My bad.

Ahh, the Bible, so malleable in its application. :D

jesus-why-so-srs-01.jpg

Given that those were from Cold Hard Football Facts, I don't think they were all that serious about it.

Tebow was too busy to notice it.

Believing in Tim Tebow - ESPN

Every week, Tebow picks out someone who is suffering, or who is dying, or who is injured. He flies these people and their families to the Broncos game, rents them a car, puts them up in a nice hotel, buys them dinner (usually at a Dave & Buster's), gets them and their families pregame passes, visits with them just before kickoff (!), gets them 30-yard-line tickets down low, visits with them after the game (sometimes for an hour), has them walk him to his car, and sends them off with a basket of gifts.

Home or road, win or lose, hero or goat.

"It was the best day of my life," she emailed. "It was a bright star among very gloomy and difficult days. Tim Tebow gave me the greatest gift I could ever imagine. He gave me the strength for the future. I know now that I can face any obstacle placed in front of me. Tim taught me to never give up because at the end of the day, today might seem bleak but it can't rain forever and tomorrow is a new day, with new promises."

I read that email to Tebow, and he was honestly floored.

"Why me? Why should I inspire her?" he said. "I just don't feel, I don't know, adequate. Really, hearing her story inspires me."

Stuff J Fallon would never understand.

Wow, that was an inspiring article that I'd missed. Thanks for sharing! :)

My two boys both deeply respect Tebow and what he stands for. We're not a religious family, but what Tebow does with sick and dying and injured people before and after games has nothing to do with religion.

The Jimmy Fallon cover of Bowie's epic "Space Oddity" made me chuckle, but the article above brought a tear to my eye.

No one expected him to notice, I don't think.

Nice what he's doing for kids.....he's got a way to go before he catches up with John Cena or Michael Jordan who tend to do quite a bit more - and much more quietly.

Make-A-Wish Foundation : News & Events : News Releases

Michael Jordan becomes Chief Wish Ambassador | Champoli

Tebow has been doing this every game even before becoming a pro without anybody noticing. This isn't new just his newfound celebrity brought it to the fore. They interviewed the girl he mentioned last week, she was shocked that someone would mention her publicly like that.

He also used his signing bonus to start building a hospital in the Phillipines for children....

Stuff J Fallon would never understand.

It's amusing that you manage to take offense at a lighthearted song about a guy who is, whether you like it or not, a public figure.

and what do you know about Fallon? ever think that maybe he does help people with his wealth? maybe far more than Tebow has? maybe more than you'll ever do? But he doesn't wear a religion on his sleeve, so he must be a terrible human being. :rolleyes:

The narrowmindedness of folks like you, who think we really "know" anything about these people who are nearly complete strangers, never ceases to surprise me.

Tebow has been doing this every game even before becoming a pro without anybody noticing. This isn't new just his newfound celebrity brought it to the fore. They interviewed the girl he mentioned last week, she was shocked that someone would mention her publicly like that.

Probably because the girl did not want to be a walking publicity stunt..

You may not be aware of this, but there are Patriots Players who do the same thing.. except they do not do it in public. Does that make them less religious???

That to whom much is given, much is expected..

Last edited:
Probably because the girl did not want to be a walking publicity stunt..

You may not be aware of this, but there are Patriots Players who do the same thing.. except they do not do it in public. Does that make them less religious???
Oh really? Which Patriot player hosts a different individual every single week, home or away?

No one expected him to notice, I don't think.

Nice what he's doing for kids.....he's got a way to go before he catches up with John Cena or Michael Jordan who tend to do quite a bit more - and much more quietly.
Tebow is the driving force behind an entire hospital being built. It seems to me Jordan is the one who has to do the "catching up."

While I respect Tebow for being open about his beliefs, I find it hard to believe that it isn't at least partly just for show, to get the media's attention. I find it sacrilegious all this "Tebowing" going on. If he were really as religious as he acts, he would probably think so as well and publicly request that his fans stop that behavior.

Also, in many of the interviews I've seen with him, he's been the one to bring up his religious beliefs not the interviewer. It gets quite annoying how much he brings it up (almost every sentence).

I can understand praying before a game, after a game, if a player is hurt badly even. It's a bit excessive to kneel down after every TD, imo.

Back on topic though to reiterate, his religious openness may have directed more media attention to him. He, however, has been the one keeping it focused there. I lose a lot of respect for him in that aspect. He could turn out to be a great QB, only time will tell, but I don't like the way he approaches his religion in relation to his profession.

Oh really? Which Patriot player hosts a different individual every single week, home or away?

I believe Mr. Brady does.. but he does so quietly. Zolak intimated that last week, apparently it is a tradition.

You do not do this stuff for public adulation.. you do it for different reasons.

In the interview after the game R Lewis spoke in a very moving way about a young man with Leukemia who had passed away before Lewis could get back out to see him, he had been in contact with the young man and his family. He will be attending the boy's funeral.

So Lewis is showing that other player have a heart and reach out because of their ability to matter in the lives of people who are hurting.

Still don't know why Tebow is bashed.

In the interview after the game R Lewis spoke in a very moving way about a young man with Leukemia who had passed away before Lewis could get back out to see him, he had been in contact with the young man and his family. He will be attending the boy's funeral.

So Lewis is showing that other player have a heart and reach out because of their ability to matter in the lives of people who are hurting.

Still don't know why Tebow is bashed.

I think the so-called "bashing" of Tebow is overblown (criticism of his QB abilities isn't bashing) and often in response to undue praise for him from both media and fans. The latter is unfair to the guy.

I have a problem with Tim Tebow. He's not your run-of-the-mill Christian--he's an evangelical Christian. He believes that only those share his beliefs will be "saved." In other words, agnostics, atheists, and those of differnt faiths are destined to an eternity in hell. (Probably Catholics too!) Aside from being a notion of questionable logical integrity, it's offensive. Every time Tim Tebow reminds the world that Jesus is his homeboy, he is, in effect, reminding me that he thinks I'm going to hell. It would be extremely offensive if it weren't born of ignorance (my opinion). I can't "fake" sharing his beliefs--I just don't believe it, so I wish he'd shut up about it. I watch football to relax and have fun.

I ask the following question to those who are defending Tebow:

Would you feel the same way if Tebow were muslim and started every press conference with "Allahu Akbar! I first want to thank Allah, my great God"?

Last edited:
I have a problem with Tim Tebow. He's not your run-of-the-mill Christian--he's an evangelical Christian. He believes that only those share his beliefs will be "saved." In other words, agnostics, atheists, and those of differnt faiths are destined to an eternity in hell. (Probably Catholics too!) Aside from being a notion of questionable logical integrity, it's offensive. Every time Tim Tebow reminds the world that Jesus is his homeboy, he is, in effect, reminding me that he thinks I'm going to hell. It would be extremely offensive if it weren't born of ignorance (my opinion). I can't "fake" sharing his beliefs--I just don't believe it, so I wish he'd shut up about it. I watch football to relax and have fun.

I ask the following question to those who are defending Tebow:

Would you feel the same way if Tebow were muslim and started every press conference with "Allahu Akbar! I first want to thank Allah, my great God"?

what do you mean by defending him?

I don't share his beliefs (I'm atheist / agnostic) and find the displays of his "faith" a bit annoying -- just as I do those of other football players and other athletes.

But I actually like the guy and think he does a lot of good. and, while I think he's a sub-par QB, I think he could have a good NFL career if he winds up at another position.

(and I'd feel the same were he Muslim, btw, though I agree with you that there would be far less enthusiasm for his faith were it Islam rather than Christianity)

what do you mean by defending him?

Good question. I mean those who get very defensive when people criticize Tebow for any reason.

But I actually like the guy and think he does a lot of good.

I respect Tebow for his charity work.

(and I'd feel the same were he Muslim, btw, though I agree with you that there would be far less enthusiasm for his faith were it Islam rather than Christianity)

I would also feel the exactly same if he were Muslim. As a nonbeliever, Islam and Christianity (as spiritual belief systems) are fairly indistinguishable.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back