PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Mahomes/Chiefs Discussion Thread

So 3 losses is better than 1. Got it.

5 straight playoff appearances (including 5 straight AFCCGs) is better than 4, and no major chokejob reaching the playoffs as Brady had in 2002.

5 straight playoff appearances (including 5 straight AFCCGs) is better than 4, and no major chokejob reaching the playoffs as Brady had in 2002.
Losing two AFCCG's at home is not better.

Reactions: sb1
Losing two AFCCG's at home is not better.

Please explain to me how it's Mahomes' fault that:

1) Dee Ford was offsides in the 2018 AFCCG; and

2) when he threw a perfect ball to Tyreek in OT of the 2021 AFCCG, the ball went off his fingertips right to a Bengals defender?

And please explain to me how missing the playoffs in 2002 is better than reaching the AFCCG?

And please explain to me how missing the playoffs in 2002 is better than reaching the AFCCG?
The same way that Montana winning four NFCCG's is better than Brady winning 9 AFCCG's and 1 NFCCG.

2) when he threw a perfect ball to Tyreek in OT of the 2021 AFCCG, the ball went off his fingertips right to a Bengals defender?

Explain to me how it's Tom's fault that referees couldn't make a correct call to save their lives in the regular season game between New England and KC. Tom would have been 4-0 vs. Mahomes a Patriot.

Explain to me how it's Tom's fault that referees couldn't make a correct call to save their lives in the regular season game between New England and KC. Tom would have been 4-0 vs. Mahomes a Patriot.

Perhaps if BIll hadn't blown his two challenges earlier he could have got that call reversed...whoopsie. And I know math isn't your strongsuit, so I'll explain it here. The Pats kicked a field goal after the ref botched call to cut the lead to 23-16. Had a touchdown been called it would have been 23-20, and the Chiefs still win.

The play didn’t and couldn’t go to replay. Coach Bill Belichick had used both his challenges, so he couldn’t ask the officials to review Harry’s 13-yard catch, which was ruled out at the 3-yard line. Replays showed he stayed in-bounds and extended for the pylon, but because it wasn’t called a scoring play on the field, the officials couldn’t review it on their own. So the mistake stood. The Patriots settled for a field goal a few plays later.

Perhaps if BIll hadn't blown his two challenges earlier he could have got that call reversed...whoopsie. And I know math isn't your strongsuit, so I'll explain it here. The Pats kicked a field goal after the ref botched call to cut the lead to 23-16. Had a touchdown been called it would have been 23-20, and the Chiefs still win.

You are forgetting about the missed PI call at the end of the game.

You are forgetting about the missed PI call at the end of the game.

Should we talk about the gift roughing the passer call on Chris Jones in the 2018 AFCCG? You know when Chris Jones hit Tommy in the shoulder?

Also, care to explain why Brady has SIX four-interception games in his career when Mahomes has none?

Maybe if Kermit and his offense didn't get shut out in the first half at home that wouldn't have mattered. I know Tom Brady, winner of more rings than any other NFL franchise and the greatest QB in the history of the NFL wouldn't have been shut out at home in a half in a conference championship game.

Speaking of conference championship games at home, Kermit has already lost 2 of those, one to Tom Brady. It's ok though...losing to the greatest QB in the history of the NFL is nothing to be ashamed about.

Kermit has lost 2 of those.... funny how the GOAT has only lost 1 in over 20 years. I know who I'm picking if I need a QB in a big game.

Threw into double coverage and it wasn't as catchable as you think.

Should we talk about the gift roughing the passer call on Chris Jones in the 2018 AFCCG? You know when Chris Jones hit Tommy in the shoulder?

Also, care to explain why Brady has SIX four-interception games in his career when Mahomes has none?

To you it's Tom Brady, the greatest QB of all time. Acknowledge that please and show some respect to the greats of this game.

Speaking of conference championship games at home, Kermit has already lost 2 of those, one to Tom Brady. It's ok though...losing to the greatest QB in the history of the NFL is nothing to be ashamed about.

So losing to Eli, Foles, Plummer, Sanchez, Tanneill, Flacco, and Dak IS something to be ashamed about? Got it.

To you it's Tom Brady, the greatest QB of all time. Acknowledge that please and show some respect to the greats of this game.

Of course I acknowledge the great players, especially those who win without unauthorized aid.

Looks like only 43% of America thinks Brady is the GOAT...LMAO. I was told it was overwhelming and that he was "universal" or something.

Hitting a QB on the helmet has been a penalty for awhile now, son.

He's played 4x as many seasons?

So losing to Eli, Foles, Plummer, Sanchez, Tanneill, Flacco, and Dak IS something to be ashamed about? Got it.
Stick to the topic please, you are comparing Mahomes and Brady. Brady lost 1 conference championship game at home over his entire 20+ year career. Kermit has already lost 2, one of those head to head with the GOAT. At that pace if he played the same length of time as Brady he will have lost 8 conference championship games at home :D:D:D:D:D
Of course I acknowledge the great players, especially those who win without unauthorized aid.
Good, so acknowledge Tom Brady the greatest QB that ever existed in the NFL and likely ever will exist.

Looks like only 43% of America thinks Brady is the GOAT...LMAO. I was told it was overwhelming and that he was "universal" or something.

Is 43 more than 4? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: sb1
"Patrick Mahomes: 4%"

LMAO. Not just for the 4% but also for his name being on this list at all.

"Patrick Mahomes: 4%"

LMAO. Not just for the 4% but also for his name being on this list at all.

Yeah, that poll was taken before Super Bowl 57....but reading is not your strong suit just like math is not for BrendanFive...

Yeah, that poll was taken before Super Bowl 57....but reading is not your strong suit just like math is not for BrendanFive...
Who cares when it was taken. Kermit doesn't belong anywhere near the top of the GOAT list with a 5 year career and 2-1 record in Super Bowl and the 1 being a total demolition by the guy on top of the list.

Who cares when it was taken. Kermit doesn't belong anywhere near the top of the GOAT list with a 5 year career and 2-1 record in Super Bowl and the 1 being a total demolition by the guy on top of the list.

That's your opinion. And that demolition was done by the Bucs defense, which far outperformed Brady in that game. Brady's overall stats from SB 55 is nothing special. Face it, the world does not bow down to Brady like you do. And that poll is proof. You yourself said that he was the "universal GOAT." If he was, he would have won that poll by over 90%. Instead he can't even crack 50%.

Last edited:

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back