PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The JimmyG pick(s)

LOL Jets.

Sure 3 1's and we're good.

Im hoping watson blows up the combine and forces cleveland to take him number 1 overall. If that happens i hope san fran is our trade partner for their number 2 pick and we can get ahold of garrett. I know its a huge stretch but im hoping. But back to being realistic what do you guys think of clevelands 12 slot pick and josh gordon, would you take that trade?

The more I think about this, the more I think that if we trade Jimmy to Cleveland, the more I think I'd prefer their two second rounders and a pick next year than their second first rounder.

There are certainly some quality options at 12: Howard, Njoku, Charlton, Foster, maybe one of the safeties if they fall, a no 1 CB. But at 32, give me potentially three of the following:

Garett Boles
Christian McCaffrey
Budda Baker
Jarrad Davis
Haason Reddick
Caleb Brantley
Gareon Conley/Desmond King/Jourdan Lewis/Rasul Douglas/a.n. Other CB
Tim Williams as a luxury pick?
Adoree Jackson
Zay Jones

And that's just a brief list.

Manx im surpriced you aint on Melifonwu ?? For me he's a bigger version of Byron Jones. A perfect Chung replacement at LB/S.

Would love to pick him at #32 or even a small trade up ( Infront of Seahawks )

Manx im surpriced you aint on Melifonwu ?? For me he's a bigger version of Byron Jones. A perfect Chung replacement at LB/S.

I've yet to watch him.

Just do it and you dont need to look for other blinkys ;)

The more I think about this, the more I think that if we trade Jimmy to Cleveland, the more I think I'd prefer their two second rounders and a pick next year than their second first rounder.

There are certainly some quality options at 12: Howard, Njoku, Charlton, Foster, maybe one of the safeties if they fall, a no 1 CB. But at 32, give me potentially three of the following:

Garett Boles
Christian McCaffrey
Budda Baker
Jarrad Davis
Haason Reddick
Caleb Brantley
Adoree Jackson
Zay Jones

(as always, Id hate to see Jimmy go - but its obvious: he wants to play!)

Id go for this yrs 2nd and 3rd + 2018 1st - with CLE as by far best option for Pats (since they probably end up lower than CHI and SF would with JG)
_

And then in the perfect ironic twist of fate - Jimmy struggles in Cleveland (he is a system QB after all), they take another QB in draft, he takes over the job, CLE trades Jimmy back to the Pats for something like 2nd (since he is already on top QB salary and they cannot keep him as backup) ..

So I like the player okay, but in a lot of games, he's too slow to the ball. He makes up for late reads with exceptional athleticism. That worries me in a first round type of guy. Ultimately, his market value is going to exceed his value here. Or at least that's my prediction. If we do draft him, I'd still be excited about the potential.

Ive seen guys 35lbs lighter play w/ more physicality. Very intriguing player but like Jones was overrated as an underwear model.

So I like the player okay, but in a lot of games, he's too slow to the ball. He makes up for late reads with exceptional athleticism. That worries me in a first round type of guy. Ultimately, his market value is going to exceed his value here. Or at least that's my prediction. If we do draft him, I'd still be excited about the potential.

This is my thinking as well. He's going to be a good to great player in the right system, but dear he will be overdrafted. If he's in the 40-60 range, the expectations will be lower and can be worked in slower.

I think the pats or Seahawks would be ideal landing spots for him, where he doesn't have to do everything from day one. Start with a niche role, and build out.

Garett Boles
Christian McCaffrey
Budda Baker
Jarrad Davis
Haason Reddick
Caleb Brantley
Adoree Jackson
Zay Jones

If you got the 12th pick overall, you can always move down a little and pick up a 3rd. Say 12 to 20ish and still get Taco. Get your cb at 32. What do you think of
Pocic - C - LSU at 64? Certainly, looks the part. Teams wouldn''t be able to blast
up the middle on him I would think.

Hit your rb, te, dt in 3rd round then. Maybe, Foreman, J. Johnson and Butt.

I think the recent leaks about the Browns, 49ers and Bears tells us everything we need to know about this QB class.

I think the recent leaks about the Browns, 49ers and Bears tells us everything we need to know about this QB class.

Honestly been saying how bad it for over a year and nothing will change before the draft. It's just a "project" class.

Top 3 will be something like Mahomes, Kizer, Watson. Actually like all 3 but not anywhere early.

Last edited:
Just a thought. This game helped Jimmy G's stock cause it helped cement the idea of how important the QB is and for us it made the trade of him easier. Brady is playing for 3 more anyway so no way you can keep jimmy.

Garett Boles
Christian McCaffrey
Budda Baker
Jarrad Davis
Haason Reddick
Caleb Brantley
Adoree Jackson
Zay Jones

Can't wait to see the stuff BB will do with all this projected draft capital after the Jimmy G trade.

Don't care that Jimmy is on the last year of his rookie deal, he can get us a big haul in a weak class of quarterbacks. I'm thinking a first and 3rd this year. A 1st next year, and a second the year after

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back