• No

Votes: 63 57.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
First of all, let me make this perfectly clear. We didn't lose because of the refs today. The Patriots wasn't a good football team today and got outplayed and outcoached in all possible aspects. Congrats to the Buffalo Bills, they were the better team today.

That said, I just want to get a picture here to see if I'm becoming paranoic or not, but I had the impression that the refs had direct instructions coming into this game. The last time I saw something like that was the game on Denver last year, the regular season game.

Last year after many discussions the people who believed the NFL was not rigged, the refs that were bad, rightfully questioned something in the lines of "if you think the game is rigged why do you keep watching?". Well there might be many answers for that. Anyway, did someone that believed the game was not rigged changed his mind? I'm just curious. I think it was appropriate to revisit this subject.

when you're a rookie you don't get the benefit of calls.
when you're playing crappy football you don't get the benefit of the calls.
when you're the Patriots you don't get the benefit of the calls.

today was 3 for 3.

Not sure, but there was some awful non calls, few late hits/hits out of bounds that were blatant and they didnt flag them. One in the second half on White (I think) where he was easily out of bounds and then got shoved was so ridiculous

No.

The refs gave the Bills some ticky-tacky fouls. The spot of the ball in one Woods catch was egrogously wrong (3rd down too). Of course you can say: Oh, they did that to not make it so obvious. But then you are just making a narrative to fit your conclusion and we reprimand that here, right?

Pete Morelli is incompetent, having one less judge worsens that. There wasn't any foul play. Every team complains about referees on a loss all the time.

On the play where Edelman' s run was called back, they didn't show offensive
holding but it did look like
Chris hogan held the DB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely some shady stuff going on when they had the flag out on Edelman's 90 yard play but then look the other way when Gillmore blatantly held him in the 2nd half on a throw to him inside the 20.

As for that sequence before Brissett fumbled you can't tell me something wasn't going on there

Blount clearly gets the first. Terrible spot
Pats then get set and go to run the play, refs blow it dead for nothing
Pats then get the 1st down but wait a penalty for holding making it 3rd and 11

Last edited:
A blind man could have called a better game. That said, we also got outplayed in every facet. I'd love to hear from some of the posters that went to the game ( I believe Tunescribe and Joker have season tickets) and confirm if it was just as bad in person.

If any fix was in, it was the capitulation of the Patriots offensive coaching and game plan

Blount clearly gets the first. Terrible spot
Pats then get set and go to run the play, refs blow it dead for nothing
Pats then get the 1st down but wait a penalty for holding making it 3rd and 11

I hate the "ref talk", but this sequence had me scratching my head.

And yes, the refs were not at all the reason that Pats lost :rolleyes: but it did add to the aggravation.

If any fix was in, it was the capitulation of the Patriots offensive coaching and game plan

Absolutely hot take from the guy whose every post is about how either the Pats suck or denver is so great.

Ask yourself if you think the NFL will express any disappointment with the terrible calls referred to in this thread.
(understand the NFL does review and discuss the officiating in games after the fact)
If you think they get an internal pass on the poor instances of officiating at the expense of the Patriots here, then you think there is bias.

Wrestling is fixed and people still watch it.

I think if the answer is not an immediate and resounding "No", then the NFL* at least has a perception problem.

If BB DID think there was any issues with the refs, does anyone hold out any expectations that a formal complaint to the league office would have any effect at all?

Didn't play well but doesn't mean I have to be happy with some of the calls either. Hated the spot on that Blount run most of all.

You can usually find holding on any play of every game. I didn't like how the penalty stat sheets were filled up with calls against Buffalo on meaningless plays towards the end of the game. If you look at the box score you would never know how uneven it was unless you actually watched the game.

That said, when your offensive line is playing erratic and getting moved backwards it's a lot easier to throw a flag for holding. That was the case today for the home team.

Screw it, they lost. Penalties aside, Buffslo kicked ass today. 4-0 would of been awesome, but 3-1 is still damn good for a team missing it's starting QB. Look forward to the goat next week. Also will be nice having the unheralded Ninkovich setting the edge again. McCoy had a field day today.

Absolutely hot take from the guy whose every post is about how either the Pats suck or denver is so great.
Saying the Pats will have a very hard game in Denver is not saying they suck:rolleyes:
Denver's D is incredible and dominated the pats last year in the playoffs. Their defense looks better than last year's while the Pats D has had maybe 7 or 8 really good quarters all season....yes it's only week 4, but we can only go by what we've seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back