The fix was in?

• Yes

Votes: 47 42.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 57.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like they held Hightower without a flag on Buffaloes TD and I think that is why Bill threw his tablet after looking at the replay. Fouts always sounds anti patriots to me and on that play he kept saying that was a legal block. Seemed the refs were told to tilt the calls against us to help roger save face.

If that's the one where Hightower was contacted within a yard of the LOS by a receiver than it is legal. DPI and OPI do not exist within a yard of the LOS.

Looked like they held Hightower without a flag on Buffaloes TD and I think that is why Bill threw his tablet after looking at the replay. Fouts always sounds anti patriots to me and on that play he kept saying that was a legal block. Seemed the refs were told to tilt the calls against us to help roger save face.

The referees were atrocious, which is nothing we haven't seen before.. but the things that really make me put my tinfoil hat on are listening to the announcers during a game. Its not just the Patriots that this happens with, but a lot of times it happens with our games where it sounds like the announcers went into the game with a pre-determined narrative and just support that desired outcome the entire game with their announcing to help influence public opinion

You forget something.
Patriots were the home team.

I think on nearly every drive where the Patriots offense accomplished something, the Refs threw a flag to negate it.

- 3rd Patriots Drive. The False Start on Thuney. Especially where there were two other plays during the game where it was clear the Bills entire O-line moved without the ball being snapped.

- 4th Drive . Refs clearly spot the ball incorrectly on Blount's 2nd run. Pats try to hurry to the line. Refs blow the play dead because they "weren't in position". Then, they call a phantom holding call on Andrews changing it from 3rd and 1 to 3rd and 11.

- 7th Drive. The Call on Solder for a "Chop Block". Solder had been knocked to the ground. The Bills player, who was being blocked by Gronkowski, ran into Solder. That is NOT a chop block since Solder wasn't the one who initiated the contact.

- The penalty on Long for Roughing the passer. Total BS.
- The False start Penalty on Edelman followed by the "Illegal Shift". Neither happened. They were phantom calls.

By comparison, there were at least two hits to Brissett's helmet that went uncalled. Rookie or not. They're supposed to protect the QB.

Brissett being thrown down by Zach Brown while CLEARLY OOBs should have been called.

Sorry, but only people with their head in the sand thing that the league didn't tell Morelli's group to screw the Patriots today..
I agree. But, you always have the " If the NFL is Fixed, why do you watch?" crowd. Well, when TB and BB are gone, I think I will have had it up to here. And all the sheep can enjoy and fuel the "up and up" FarseBall league. Enjoy

It's called being skeptical. I have no direct proof that the NFL rigs games but I have no faith in their honesty/integrity and don't simply dismiss the poor officiating as merely coincidental.

I also believe Donaghy was telling the truth about the NBA despite the fact that he is not a generally honest person.

You believe in extraordinary claims without evidence. You are the definition of a "believer" and the antithesis of a skeptic. What am i missing?

You believe in extraordinary claims without evidence. You are the definition of a "believer" and the antithesis of a skeptic. What am i missing?

Apparently, you are missing the games . . . You're seriously watching these games and something just doesn't look right to you?

The movie version of The Shining was really Stanley Kubrick's way of admitting he faked the moon landing.

If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

You forget something.
Patriots were the home team.

I think on nearly every drive where the Patriots offense accomplished something, the Refs threw a flag to negate it.

- 3rd Patriots Drive. The False Start on Thuney. Especially where there were two other plays during the game where it was clear the Bills entire O-line moved without the ball being snapped.

this one is hard to see since they start off the play in the small inset and then zoom in while the play starts.

i cropped the video and slowed it down. thuney definitely false starts:

- 4th Drive . Refs clearly spot the ball incorrectly on Blount's 2nd run. Pats try to hurry to the line. Refs blow the play dead because they "weren't in position". Then, they call a phantom holding call on Andrews changing it from 3rd and 1 to 3rd and 11.
andrews basically tackles bryant (#97). seems like a textbook case of holding:

- 7th Drive. The Call on Solder for a "Chop Block". Solder had been knocked to the ground. The Bills player, who was being blocked by Gronkowski, ran into Solder. That is NOT a chop block since Solder wasn't the one who initiated the contact.
in slow motion, it does seem like solder slips while double-teaming douzable (#91) and isn't intentionally trying to chop block alexander (#57). at game speed, it's probably hard for the ref to tell, especially since the ref who threw the flag was viewing the back of the offensive line.

- The penalty on Long for Roughing the passer. Total BS.
long's helmet does contact taylor's, so technically it is roughing the passer. pretty lame though, compared to the shots newton was taking against the broncos which were uncalled. they should have let it go.

- The False start Penalty on Edelman followed by the "Illegal Shift". Neither happened. They were phantom calls.

edelman did false start:

he also wasn't completely set before the snap, which is an illegal shift. that penalty was declined anyway, so it didn't matter:

By comparison, there were at least two hits to Brissett's helmet that went uncalled. Rookie or not. They're supposed to protect the QB.

Brissett being thrown down by Zach Brown while CLEARLY OOBs should have been called.
brown (#53) initiated contact before brissett was out of bounds. i don't like it, but it was the right call.

and of course refs aren't always consistent with this call. like last year in the seahawks-steelers game, timmons got flagged for a late hit for a pretty much identical shove on russell wilson:

and brown was also the one with the late shove against white in the 4th quarter. that one seemed more egregious to me:

On the 3rd and short... and the refs stop the game for not being in position to make the call. That was a backbreaker. But overall we played badly enough to lose on our own without the referees 'help'. But yeah that was the most frustrating call of the game for me.

On the 3rd and short... and the refs stop the game for not being in position to make the call. That was a backbreaker. But overall we played badly enough to lose on our own without the referees 'help'. But yeah that was the most frustrating call of the game for me.

Unfortunately, we see those bad spots all too often, and they are terribly frustrating to watch as a fan. In my opinion, Blount clearly picked up the first down on the previous play. How many times have we seen something like this, just knowing that it's going to end up screwing us? I guess it's true what they say in terms of football being a game of inches.

this is how i would sum up sunday. We were a disgrace. The officiating was criminal. Neither one excuses the other.

Edit
I say that in context, the last time we played like that was vs kc in 2014. we all know how that season turned out.

Last edited:
this one is hard to see since they start off the play in the small inset and then zoom in while the play starts.

i cropped the video and slowed it down. thuney definitely false starts:

andrews basically tackles bryant (#97). seems like a textbook case of holding:

in slow motion, it does seem like solder slips while double-teaming douzable (#91) and isn't intentionally trying to chop block alexander (#57). at game speed, it's probably hard for the ref to tell, especially since the ref who threw the flag was viewing the back of the offensive line.

long's helmet does contact taylor's, so technically it is roughing the passer. pretty lame though, compared to the shots newton was taking against the broncos which were uncalled. they should have let it go.

Andrews was NOT holding during the play on which Blunt made the 1st down.

If that's the one where Hightower was contacted within a yard of the LOS by a receiver than it is legal. DPI and OPI do not exist within a yard of the LOS.
What about holding?

What about holding?

here's the clip. hightower was actually behind the LOS when contact occurs. it doesn't look like holding to me--hightower looks like he was off-balance when woods disengages, and then he falls down when he tries to spin around:

close-up:

here's the clip. hightower was actually behind the LOS when contact occurs. it doesn't look like holding to me--hightower looks like he was off-balance when woods disengages, and then he falls down when he tries to spin around:

close-up:

Nice closeup, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes