PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Dominique Easley Enigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was looking for specifics, which calling him a cancer doesn't provide, unless we're saying Easley was literally an organism rapidly dividing cells within the locker room killing healthy cells or whatever the hell cancer does.
It's straightforward and you know it is.

None of us are in the locker room and never will be and none of us can evaluate a player like BB can so it's likely we'll never really know unless BB writes this book everyone's clamoring for.

It's straightforward and you know it is.
You're doing that bizarre thing that people sometimes do where they become antagonistic for no reason. The OP was looking for specifics about Easley's behavior, and saying he was a cancer isn't specific.

Oh fisher said he's great...well there you go....belichick doesn't know what he doing.....after all, fishers on the competition committee not belichick so fisher know competition better....

You're doing that bizarre thing that people sometimes do where they become antagonistic for no reason. The OP was looking for specifics about Easley's behavior, and saying he was a cancer isn't specific.
Because it's well known and has been discussed on this forum plenty of times before citing the reasons already mentioned. You can also add his off-field issues, if you'd really like to get specific.

He was good, but I thought the pick was stupid honestly. Most of his game revolved around his crazy burst and leg drive but he already had like 2 or 3 acl injuries. So it wasn't really shocking when he had more lower body injuries etc. Just as bad as the Dowling pick. Dowling was pretty great but he was literally beat up his entire senior season.

These guys would never stop playing football at the risk of losing money/draft status, but some of these college guys need way more time than they have to physically recover before even taking a step onto a nfl practice field.

He was good, but I thought the pick was stupid honestly. Most of his game revolved around his crazy burst and leg drive but he already had like 2 or 3 acl injuries. So it wasn't really shocking when he had more lower body injuries etc. Just as bad as the Dowling pick. Dowling was pretty great but he was literally beat up his entire senior season.

These guys would never stop playing football at the risk of losing money/draft status, but some of these college guys need way more time than they have to physically recover before even taking a step onto a nfl practice field.

But if you use that logic then they don't take Gronkowski. Belichick has gambled a number of times on prospects who dropped because of injury issues, sometimes they bust and sometimes they pan out.

But if you use that logic then they don't take Gronkowski. Belichick has gambled a number of times on prospects who dropped because of injury issues, sometimes they bust and sometimes they pan out.

100% correct on that but I don't think you should gamble in the 1st round. Especially with the money involved and considering it is the first round you should be able to find multiple quality players at that spot without that sort of risk.

100% correct on that but I don't think you should gamble in the 1st round. Especially with the money involved and considering it is the first round you should be able to find multiple quality players at that spot without that sort of risk.

I-Dowling was technically a 2nd rounder, and Easely was around 28-29 IIRC. The problem for th Patriots is that they always pick from 28-32 in every round of every draft so getting a shot at the JJ Watt or a Von Miller type of player means taking some big risks or counting upon everyone else to completely whiff on top end talent. I get your concern for taking those risks but it's really the only way they can get their hands on players with huge upside. I think Belichick would much rather see those players drop farther but if he thinks another team is getting ready to take them he makes his move, as he did with Easely Gronkowski, and Hightower.

With Easley, I think the Patriots drafted what Bill Parcels calls "a joker". It is a player that does fit into height or weigh range for the position, but suppose to have superior ability to compensate for their lack of measureables. Easley was slowed down by the injuries and didn't show dedication to improve by choosing not to participate in the teams off season program. He wasn't worth the hassle to cater his diva attitude.

I thought I read somewhere Michael Lombardi was really pushing to pick Easly.

So it would seem that you don't know. Seems to me it would be easier just to say that rather than to keep up with these obtuse posts.

I don't think it was so much that he was a "cancer" but that he wasn't interested in following their program and that he really didn't care about football, essentially the same things that led to the Collins trade. Belichick clearly wants players who really care about football and are willing to work their asses off and play as part of the team, those that don't end up out of town, regardless of draft status.

Try clicking on and reading the supplied links.

Those links you provide, have no specific information, just more vague mumb0-jumbo. The only thing specific we ever got what was that he was rehabbing himself instead of consulting pats trainers............ what brady did in 2008 and gronk does like every season.

I don't think it was so much that he was a "cancer" but that he wasn't interested in following their program and that he really didn't care about football, essentially the same things that led to the Collins trade. Belichick clearly wants players who really care about football and are willing to work their asses off and play as part of the team, those that don't end up out of town, regardless of draft status.

There's no indication that "he didn't care about football". Infact on-the-field production was good.

So it would seem that you don't know. Seems to me it would be easier just to say that rather than to keep up with these obtuse posts.
No, I posted you links, you're being purposefully dismissive of them and their related reasoning so frankly, you can go shove it.

Those links you provide, have no specific information, just more vague mumb0-jumbo. The only thing specific we ever got what was that he was rehabbing himself instead of consulting pats trainers............ what brady did in 2008 and gronk does like every season.
They provide more than enough information to warrant the Patriots' actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News