PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Colts or the Titans - Who do you want to see win here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really take pleasure in the misery of any other team other than the Colts.

Whoa, hold on there! You don't take pleasure in the misery of the Jets? :eek:

:p

Tenn
I can never pass up the opportunity for hilarious entertainment watching the Manning Face on TV!

Besides, it is better to eliminate a wild card potential rival in Indy. If Tenn wins their division it does not affect us except for 1st round Bye considerations and I'm not enough of a homer to think we'll contend for that. If we're a division winner or even wildcard team, this 53 with Cassel at QB will have exceeded my expectations.

A Colts loss doesn't help/hurt New England in the standings. A Titans loss would bring the Pats possibly within ONE game of the top spot in the AFC. I'll reluctantly take Indy winning.

How is this even remotely true? The Patriots are currently SECOND in their division, which means we should be looking at the WC spots as well as the AFC East. The Colts are another serious WC contender (or will be before the end), so them losing very much helps the Pats.

Besides, it is better to eliminate a wild card potential rival in Indy. If Tenn wins their division it does not affect us except for 1st round Bye considerations and I'm not enough of a homer to think we'll contend for that. If we're a division winner or even wildcard team, this 53 with Cassel at QB will have exceeded my expectations.

Best argument so far, IMO.

I'm hoping for a hard hitting contest in which Colts players are carted off the field with one week injuries that would enable them to come back after the Pats game. :D
brilliant as always

I want the Titans to win 3-0 in a very hard fought defensive game on both sides. A game that Physically and Mentally drains both teams.

I'm hoping for a hard hitting contest in which Colts players are carted off the field with one week injuries that would enable them to come back after the Pats game. :D

I think you might get that. That TN team is a fraud on Offense, but the real deal on Defense. They will beat the HELL out the the Dolts O-line.

I think you might get that. That TN team is a fraud on Offense, but the real deal on Defense. They will beat the HELL out the the Dolts O-line.

That TN fraud offense may actually be a good match for the Colts D. Light, fast defenders can get abused by a big run oriented team.

How is this even remotely true? The Patriots are currently SECOND in their division, which means we should be looking at the WC spots as well as the AFC East. The Colts are another serious WC contender (or will be before the end), so them losing very much helps the Pats.

Ok, Watson, let me walk you through it - IF:

Pats win
Buff loses
Titans lose

Pats are in FIRST in their division at 5-2 by virtue of a better division record.
Titans are 6-1 and the Steelers are no better than 6-1. That's a ONE game lead over NE.

Am I among the minority who think the Pats actually have a shot at our division (and a bye)?

I'm still rooting for an Indy loss. Indy loses and they can basically kiss the division goodbye. They would have a 4 1/2 game deficit to the Titans in the division race and the Colts have a pretty tough schedule the next month. It not only could knock them out of the division hunt, but be a demoralizing loss.

I don't know if I am all that worried about the bounce back/must win factor the following week vs. the Pats. The Colts are not a great team this year and, as long as they are healthy, both Morris' and Jordan's physical running style should be able to exploit the Colt's small defense that is weakened up the middle already.

Not to mention their running game is going to absolutely carve up the Colts defense.

Definitely the Colts even though i don't like them. Why?

Nobody should have 16-0 record except Pats :)

Definately the Colts. Would love to see them miss the playoffs.

I would never root for the Irsay's to win a game, well maybe if it helps the Pats, but then only at the end of the season......

Tenn will not go undefeated this year. They have a few tough games with upcoming games against the Packers, Bears, and Jags and they close out against the Steelers and the Colts.

Colts. I think the Pats have a harder time matching up defensively against Manning and if they get down by a few scores it will be tough to catch up. Whereas, the Titans don't score a lot of points so 2 TD's could seal the deal against them. Plus, I like the Pats braintrust in getting into Collins head vs. Manning's.

Ok, Watson, let me walk you through it - IF:

Pats win
Buff loses
Titans lose

Pats are in FIRST in their division at 5-2 by virtue of a better division record.
Titans are 6-1 and the Steelers are no better than 6-1. That's a ONE game lead over NE.

Am I among the minority who think the Pats actually have a shot at our division (and a bye)?

I don't see how anyone could think they don't have a shot at a bye. I think 11-5 will get a bye this season. We still have a game against Pit and 2 against Buf. The North, South and East are the only divisions that look like the division winner will be 11-5 or better.

The Steelers still have games against: NYG, WAS, Indy, SD, NE, DAL, BAL and Ten. Their other two games are against Cincy and Cleveland. That is not an easy schedule by any means.

The Titans still have games against: Indy (2), GB, Chi, Jax, NYJ and Pit

Buffalo has all of its division games remaining, with 3 in a row, two of them on the road starting Sunday.

The Steelers have a brutal schedule coming up and the Titans have some tough games as well. Not saying our schedule is easy, but we are more than capable of getting a bye.

I am rooting for the Titans this week. There are two byes and how many 7-1 starts have we seen go south over the past few years? Especially when those teams are one dimensional and inexperienced?

Last edited:
I want the Colts to win because I want the Titans to get an AFC loss. That would put them at 6-1, and the Colts at 4-3. I'd like that better than a 7-0 Titans team. Steelers do play both teams, so tiebreaker situations could be determined on the field head to head, but I'd still like to see the Titans get that first loss.

I want the Colts to get their throats stomped on. I'd like to see the Titans run it, run it, run it. A bruising running game that demoralizes the Colts with a final score of 34-10. I want the Colts punished and soundly beaten. I want to see Albert Haynesworth body slamming Goober into the turf repeatedly, albeit cleanly. Soften them up so that we come in next week and kick them in the groin, not so cleanly.
This is the Colts we are talking about people!
Destroy! Destroy! Destroy!

And don't think that the Titans have forgotten all the whippings that the Colts have laid on them over the past 5 years. This will be a very physical game with the Titans anxious to show the rest of the league that there has been a powershift in the division.

I second that emotion.

I understand that it's important to keep the top 2 seeds within reach, but my hatred for the dolts runs so deep that logic is almost completely forgotten. I want them beaten and hurting for our matchup, so we can put them out of their misery, and into our rearview mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes