Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you rooting for the Patriots to go 19-0?

• YES. Of course the Super Bowl is paramount, but I also want 19-0—time to make history!

• NO. It’s meaningless and I just don’t care. The Super Bowl is all that matters.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I thought about putting in a hedging option here—“yeah, it’d be nice, but…” and decided against it. Thought a gun-to-your-head-what’s-your-choice would make things clearer.

Reason I ask, I’m always genuinely surprised at how many seem to really not care about going undefeated—that is, 19-0, not 16-0 and lose in the playoffs. Undefeated all the way.

To me, there’s one reason not to want it—because the pursuit of it makes the Super Bowl harder. If they’re 14-1 going into the last game and have the #1 seed wrapped up, they rest guys. If they’re 15-0, Gronkowski plays, everybody plays. For pressure reasons I guess too, but I think the Pats are made of pretty tough stuff. But as Troy Brown’s remarks suggest, it can get to you.

But the fact is, if you have the black & white choice and choose “no” then you want the Pats to lose at some point, right? So…which game are you rooting against them? Understand I’m not being antagonistic; I’m just curious what the mindset is.

Last edited:
I'm more concerned with the health of the OL and the rest of the team going into the playoffs than the final regular season record. 19-0 would be awesome after the ******** Brady, the Pats and us fans have had to deal with. but I want 5 for Tommy.

As long as we get a ring for the middle finger, that's what matters most to me.

I have to admit though, 19-0 would be an awesome way to say "**** you" to the Poison Ginger and his minions.

The stress going undefeated into the playoffs and hopefully the SB would be EPIC.
No rest for starters the last season game.
Pats were stress free vs Seattle and you saw how close that was.

If you're asking me about pure preferences, yeah I would rather go 19-0 over 18-1 if we're guaranteed the Super Bowl either way. But if you could give me any number of regular season losses to guarantee a Super Bowl win, I would take that deal without question. I'm not sure which selection that is.

at this point, just get healthy. i just care about 3-0 in the playoffs

You strategize and play to win the last game. Whatever else happens is gravy.

I think the Patriots will lose one, if not two, remaining games against teams that are very tough outs on the road. With Edelman and Lewis, I'd be more optimistic but still think they'd lose one.

@ Denver (Patriots are 1-4 in their last five games at Denver, under Brady.)
@ NY Jets (Last five meetings decided by one possession, and the Patriots are 3-3 in their last six at NJ.)
@ Miami (Patriots have lost their last two games in Miami.)

Imagine the incentive for the Dolphins to protect the the only perfect season, whether they are in the playoff race or not? It would be quite a buildup for that game. Dolphins would be playing 100% to knock of the Patriots and might even be tougher than if they were playing for something meaningful, as they'd come in with nothing to lose.

I think you still try to win the games at the end of the season but not at the expense of playoff health. Sitting Gronk, Collins and other key cogs would be my preference and if you still win great. If not oh well. I wouldn't mind seeing some Jimmy G earlier than the victory formation as well.

The stress going undefeated into the playoffs and hopefully the SB would be EPIC.
No rest for starters the last season game.
Pats were stress free vs Seattle and you saw how close that was.
Our team is much younger than 2007 and i think they would thrive off of it more than be stressed. Only worry is thinking they are "invincible".

I want 19-0 so bad, but not at the expense of health.

I don't give a **** about 19-0. All I want is for them to repeat. If they do that while going undefeated, great. If not, then the Lombardi still comes back to New England and that's all that matters.

If we were still looking for ring #4, I'd say rest the starters, set yourself up as best you can (no matter how small the benefit) for a Super Bowl win. As such, with that all important 4th ring secured, I want them to take a stab at history. Wiping the taste of 07 out of my mouth would be nice too.

Since about 2007, I've taken the 1 game at a time mentality. It's dropped my stress levels significantly..

With the loss of Edelman, Vollmer and/or Cannon can't return soon enough. Neither can Collins. But they need to return healthy. Can't have them getting re-injured immediately..

the only thing that matters is a title. 5 superbowl wins is what i care about not 19-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back