Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you rooting for the Patriots to go 19-0?

• YES. Of course the Super Bowl is paramount, but I also want 19-0—time to make history!

• NO. It’s meaningless and I just don’t care. The Super Bowl is all that matters.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be awesome, no doubt. Definitely rooting for it.

However I suspect we'll lose this week. We have a game in hand for #1 seed and if we beat Denver the following week we virtually clinch a bye. Short week, road game, etc, I think Bill will be willing to lower the chances this week to increase the chances next week. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some of the expected returnees wait until Denver.

How about this: Giants back in to the playoffs and we have a repeat of 18-0 vs Giants. I don't think I could take it.

the only thing that matters is a title. 5 superbowl wins is what i care about not 19-0

Yep. I just want the cake. If it comes with extra icing, then that's cool too. Unless it's the baker's own personal "icing" and he took it to the back to apply said icing... away from cameras and the eyes of his customers.

If we can do it with our JV squad when we rest our key players after we clinch HFA, sure why not?

Rushing back players from injury to go undefeated=bad idea.

Treating remaining games like the preseason after clinching HFA=good idea.

I cared about 19-0 so much in 2007, I just don't have it in me again.

I just want ring #5. That's unprecedented enough for me.

19-0 will be the ultimate "Scoreboard " comment.We could listen to all the Haters,all MCI's ,everybody and shut them all up with 19-0

This is how I see it. I just want their heads on straight. Focus on the important steps and prioritize those.

1. Play good football leading up to the playoffs
2. Secure home field
3. Try to stay/get as healthy as possible
4. Set your sights on a super bowl championship

Obviously a Lombardi is the main goal but that's obvious

As long as they focus on the above, I'm happy. If they just so happen to get a 16-0 season out of it while still accomplishing the important goals, it's just gravy on top and I'm all for it

As fans, we have the luxury of not taking it one game at a time. Give me 19-0!

SO here's the question- by the time we play the Jets on the road, we will probably have HFA locked up while the Jets are going to be fighting for a WC spot.

Do we rest or do we risk injury to spite the Jets?

The stress going undefeated into the playoffs and hopefully the SB would be EPIC.
No rest for starters the last season game.
Pats were stress free vs Seattle and you saw how close that was.

While I never want to see the Pats lose, I remember how stressful 2007 was.

I would also be concerned if the league would leave us unmolested to chase history.

If we DO win the SB in whatever manner, I am wondering how Brady should respond to Goodell when he comes to congratulate him.

While giving Goodell a wedgie, walking away from him, or a verbal barage all have merit, I'm thinking now that having Brady shake his hand and smiling at Goodell would be the best response.

And by this response I mean Brady shakes his hand continually, never letting go, and just staring at him with a big smile.

Shaking his hand and smiling, but never saying a word until the silence is so uncomfortable that Goodell just has to leave.

Last edited:
How about this: Giants back in to the playoffs and we have a repeat of 18-0 vs Giants. I don't think I could take it.

To this day, this is the only sports game that I haven't personally played in that I cried over. I had to walk away from the party I was at and cry like a woman.

To this day, this is the only sports game that I haven't personally played in that I cried over. I had to walk away from the party I was at and cry like a woman.

I was too hollow to cry. I basically shut down and only visited this site for the next 78 hours.

19-0 would be amazing. Either way I don't really care. I'd like both but the Super Bowl is always priority #1. I'll cheer if we win undefeated but I won't cry if we drop a couple in the regular season.

I thought about putting in a hedging option here—“yeah, it’d be nice, but…” and decided against it. Thought a gun-to-your-head-what’s-your-choice would make things clearer.

Reason I ask, I’m always genuinely surprised at how many seem to really not care about going undefeated—that is, 19-0, not 16-0 and lose in the playoffs. Undefeated all the way.

To me, there’s one reason not to want it—because the pursuit of it makes the Super Bowl harder. If they’re 14-1 going into the last game and have the #1 seed wrapped up, they rest guys. If they’re 15-0, Gronkowski plays, everybody plays. For pressure reasons I guess too, but I think the Pats are made of pretty tough stuff. But as Troy Brown’s remarks suggest, it can get to you.

But the fact is, if you have the black & white choice and choose “no” then you want the Pats to lose at some point, right? So…which game are you rooting against them? Understand I’m not being antagonistic; I’m just curious what the mindset is.
What if we are 13-0, have the one seed clinched, and are banged up. I want 19-0, but do not think we can risk Brady, Gronk, Amendola etc for those three wins. 15-0 definitely go for it. I'm not saying I know what they should do if they have it clinched at 13-0 from a playing time perspective.. Just not sure

Sure it would be nice (if nothing else it will finally shut Shula's pie hole), but for me it's more important that the Patriots win the last game they play this season.

A fifth trophy would be great. A perfect season culminating in a fifth trophy would be better. In fact...it would be the best.....the BEST EVER. Time to put an exclamation point on this dynasty.....a stamp in the passport of history.
Brady is perfect.....BB is perfect.....let this team be perfect.

John F. Kennedy — 'We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

And another thing, no doubt in my mind BB will again attempt to climb Mt. Everest .....unfinished business. Ask yourself which Patriot season will be remembered generations from now? Which Pats team gets referenced more than any other right now? From my vantage point, the 2007 Patriots are the measuring stick despite the unhappy ending. The Football world is still talking about the '72 Dolphins....but those SB champion '73 Dolphins....not so much.

Last edited:
I'll start talking about 19-0 if they get to 11-0. Denver is still going to be a tough matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back