Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

2018-2019

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gonna say 13-3. I feel they should sweep the division but we will see. They can make a statement early with the first two games. Offense is still a concern with me. I will be looking to see just how much this run defense has improved.

13-3

Hard to predict the first four weeks plus a possible meaningless game at the end of the season.

Lets Go.

Offense is a huge concern. Even with Eldelman it’s not that great at WR. An injury to Gronk or Edelman and they are toast as you can’t throw to your RB’s all day long. The team will really be depending on Hogan to stay on the field. No more tapping out. I’d feel a lot better with a trade for a veteran WR like Golden Tate.

The health of Michel and Burkhead worry me. If Hill gets the bulk of the carries due to Burkhead/Michel being injured, Hill will caplitalize and it’s Deja Vu again for Burkhead getting buried on the depth chart.

The Pats really need Cannon to stay healthy and play well. Brown needs to adapt quickly at LT.

I’m excited to see the revamped D line. Rivers is going to surprise people. The emergence of Rivers will elevate players such as Wise and Flowers. I like Butler.

Hightower has to stay healthy or it’s check down city for opposing offenses.

There’s just too many question marks. They are going to lose games they shouldn’t. I’m going with 10-6. 11-5 if they stay relatively healthy.

Last edited:
I am gonna say 13-3. I feel they should sweep the division but we will see.
Not saying it won’t happen, but people expect to sweep the division every year. Other than the perfect regular season in 2007, it’s only happened one other time in the entire Bill Belichick era, and that was in 2012.

I think we go 13-3.

I think our defence has improved, with the new additions. We’ve brought in more D-Line depth which last year we were lacking massively. Clayborn, rivers will be very important for us I believe. We have a better rotation on that front.

Having an actual healthy Hightower, is a massive massive bonus, as well as Bentley he looks to be a good find.

Our offensive has some minor issues but I can’t see it being a big issue. White, Burkhead as well Michel I can see being used heavily to start with along with Devlin I think we will see a lot of run heavy formations then play action to Gronk, Dorsett, which is why I think they’ve kept Allen this year

Last edited:
I don't understand the pessimism some people have.

The defense is deeper and has had major and minor additions all around and should improve further from a unit that was already among the best teams in terms of points allowed.

Overall the offense looks not much weaker than last year and as long as the chess pieces stay healthy will again end up among the best 3-5. Can't wait to see how Josh uses Patterson and Sony.

I am thinking 14-2 but 13-3 seems more appropriate with how we usually have 1-2 brainfart games and then maybe 1-2 meaningless games at the end.

Shy away from an actual prediction and always say this team is good for 12-13 wins, there is that on "any given Sunday" factor that can never be quantified or accounted for..

At first glance.....legit schedule outside the division.
My concerns:
NE will be opening the season with a #3 and #4 WR at #1 and #2.
The NE offense won't have personnel to go 4 or 5 wide so defenses will be able to load the box with little fear.
NE's OL has been weakened
Josh will need to open up the playbook early

On defense:
Much deeper roster compared to the end of last season.
New DC which gives me hope of a semi attacking front seven on occasion
DBs are a question mark but NE may have found a diamond in the rough

I hope Gronk survives because he will be leaned on
I hope Brady is extra pliable
Take the under for the time being
The NE offense lacks depth
10-6 which wins division
Good news is I'm always wrong

I'm surprised the "BB is a terrible GM...drafter...talent evaluator..." or "McDaniels can't call a game to save his life..." or "Our defense isn't aggressive enough...where are the sacks..." crowd hasn't come in with the 4-12/6-10/8-8 predictions yet.

I'll say in this league of growing numbers rules designed to highly influence a game that are not cut and dried, but much more subjective, the balance between wins/loses continues to move away from players and coaches and more toward those managing the game with the striped shirts.

I'm not sure where the tipping point is, but each year they add more ways that aspect of the game can turn its eventual outcome.

Now all of that really didn't have much relevance, I just wanted to get it off my chest. So let's say 12-4.

I've looked at the schedule a handful of times and have come up with 12-4 the most often. Could easily go 13-3.

Defense is MUCH improved talent wise but will take time to gel. Still plenty of targets on offense to put up 28+ a game.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the "BB is a terrible GM...drafter...talent evaluator..." or "McDaniels can't call a game to save his life..." or "Our defense isn't aggressive enough...where are the sacks..." crowd hasn't come in with the 4-12/6-10/8-8 predictions yet.

Oh dont worry. That'll be in the GDT.

Week 1 Houston Texans (Home)
Week 2 at Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 3 at Detroit Lions
Week 4 Miami Dolphins (Home)
Week 5 Indianapolis Colts (Home)
Week 6 Kansas City Chiefs (Home)
Week 7 at Chicago Bears
Week 8 at Buffalo Bills
Week 9 Green Bay Packers (Home)
Week 10 at Tennessee Titans
Week 11 Bye
Week 12 at New York Jets
Week 13 Minnesota Vikings (Home)
Week 14 at Miami Dolphins
Week 15 at Pittsburgh Steelers
Week 16 Buffalo Bills (Home)
Week 17 New York Jets (Home)

Let's say they lose two home games with that schedule and one on the road
I'll say 13-3

Week 1 Houston Texans (Home)
Week 2 at Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 3 at Detroit Lions
Week 4 Miami Dolphins (Home)
Week 5 Indianapolis Colts (Home)
Week 6 Kansas City Chiefs (Home)
Week 7 at Chicago Bears
Week 8 at Buffalo Bills
Week 9 Green Bay Packers (Home)
Week 10 at Tennessee Titans
Week 11 Bye
Week 12 at New York Jets
Week 13 Minnesota Vikings (Home)
Week 14 at Miami Dolphins
Week 15 at Pittsburgh Steelers
Week 16 Buffalo Bills (Home)
Week 17 New York Jets (Home)

Let's say they lose two home games with that schedule and one on the road
I'll say 13-3
I'm dreading Week14. That's the annual Brain Fart Bowl right there.

Here is a game by game prediction... spoiler alert. I picked 13-3.

#1 Texans - The Pats have issues against rushing QBs. Watson will not have the success he had the first game though. The Texans running game is meh (absent the QB YPC). Brady absolutely eats this Houston D for breakfast no matter what talent is across from him. As long as Brown doesn't give up a ton of pressure this game should be a win. The Pats know how to deal with Watt. Houston lacking serious weapons on offense will be a big issue. Pats 34 Texans 27 - W

#2 @Jags - The Patriots are always weaker in the the first 4 games and that will be the same this season. The Jags come in with something to prove here. I think the early issues will be too much to over come vs a very hungry Jags team. I predict a defensive score of some kind that puts this one away late. Pats 20 Jags 24 - L

#3 @Lions - The Lions are a middle of the road team. They are exactly the type of team the Pats slowly push until they fall over completely in the 3rd quarter and can never get back in it. They have good RBs out of the backfield to keep it close but they don't have the ability to really close a top team out. Pats 31 Lions 20 - W

#4 Dolphins - Usually the home dolphin game is a stomp fest. This game will be no different. Without the anti-Brady magic of their home field they don't stand much of a chance. Pats 33 Dolphins 13 - W.

#5 Colts - Even when Luck is healthy this team doesn't do well. Their D can't stop Brady and all you need to do it stop Hilton. Pats have crushed this team every time they played them. Nothing will change. Pats 41 Colts 19 - W

#6 Chiefs - Without Smith this can't truly be a revenge game. But they will treat it like one anyone. No way the Patriots let Hill/Hunter/Kelce run circles on them again. The Pats usually don't have too much trouble with the predictable Chiefs and a young QB will likely make some mistakes. They usually play the Pats tight though. Pats 30 KC 24 - W

#7 @Bears - Not much needs to be said. The Bears suck. Just stop Mack from killing Brady. If you ask the Pats to only stop 1 or 2 things they do that very well. Pats 36 Bears 9 - W.

#8 @Bills - The Bills might be able to beat bad teams but they tend to get absolutely stomped by good ones. Pats own the Bills here, there or on the moon. The score doesn't reflect the domination as the Pats decide to run a lot this game I think. Pats 27 Bills 10 - W

#9 GB - The Patriots have problems dealing with guys like Rodgers cause they are scared to rush them. BB's D is about capitalizing on mistakes and the GB offense doesn't make them unless you force them too usually. Pats are served a hard fought loss at home. GB 30 Pats 27 - L

#10 @Titans - Nothing to see here. We've seen this game before and we know how it goes. Pats 35 Titans 14 - W. A nice note to come into the bye week on.

#11 @Jets - If Donald works out how I think he will, the Jets won't be our whipping boy after this year. But this year they will continue to be. A tough game but a win. Pats 24 Jets 20

#12 Vikings - This is a good team with a very good D. But they can be scored on if you know how to avoid their strengths. The Patriots will figure it out just like other teams did. While their offense has good players is it ultimately pretty predictable which will work against them. Pats 27 Vikings 20

#13 @Dolphins - There is no reason this game should be so hard. There really isn't. I don't know why they lose it so often. But I'll put it in as a loss just because they are able to stop Brady in Miami fairly often. As Brady goes, so do the Patriots. Unless Michel can do enough to make it possible to win with a substandard Brady this game. Pats 20 Dolphins 23 - L

#14 @Steelers - This game is always built up to be a big showdown. Sometimes it's close. Sometimes it is an ass whopping. But Brady almost never loses to this team. He eats this D alive. The Steelers are a team that 'does what they do'. That isn't the way to beat the Patriots unless that also includes a monstrous pass rush or our defense doesn't show up. This is a little more one sided than usual as the Pats will be super up for it coming off the Miami loss and knowing how much this will impact the bye. Pats 34 Steelers 24 - W

#15 Bills - 2nd verse same as the first. Pats 30 Bills 16 - W

#16 Jets - The Jets usually have 1 close game against us and get blown out in the other one. This is the blow out as I think the Pats will need this game to get the first round bye. Pats 34 Jets 10 - W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe