Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

2018-2019

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the pessimism some people have.

The defense is deeper and has had major and minor additions all around and should improve further from a unit that was already among the best teams in terms of points allowed.

Overall the offense looks not much weaker than last year and as long as the chess pieces stay healthy will again end up among the best 3-5. Can't wait to see how Josh uses Patterson and Sony.

I am thinking 14-2 but 13-3 seems more appropriate with how we usually have 1-2 brainfart games and then maybe 1-2 meaningless games at the end.

They were among the best in points allowed until they **** the bed in the SB. I do not expect that this year will be any better then the D we saw in the SB. Our O is not stacked and 1 or 2 injuries could kill us.

They were among the best in points allowed until they **** the bed in the SB. I do not expect that this year will be any better then the D we saw in the SB. Our O is not stacked and 1 or 2 injuries could kill us.

So what ?

But if we go by your specific logic and just believe in the last performance of a team instead of their season long trend, then the Vikings and Eagles seem to have a garbage defense as well. I mean who cares about the rest of the year. Their respective units totally **** the bed in one specific game at the end so **** them right.

I don't see rookie deals as the reason DA or Hogs played on SB52.

So Cooks and Mitchell being on rookie deals had no impact on the Pats being able to keep a deeper bench of WRs in both those years? Interesting POV.

So affordability across the span of the cap at a given position isn't a consideration for the Patriots in your view? I would posit it absolutely is as they build a roster, having a left and right limit to what they want and can spend and still field the rest of the roster (also with depth) as well.

So Cooks and Mitchell being on rookie deals had no impact on the Pats being able to keep a deeper bench of WRs in both those years? Interesting POV.

So affordability across the span of the cap at a given position isn't a consideration for the Patriots in your view? I would posit it absolutely is as they build a roster, having a left and right limit to what they want and can spend and still field the rest of the roster (also with depth) as well.
Your overall point makes sense.

My point is Mitchell and Cooks rookie deals did not enable BB to pay DA, Hogs and to a lesser extent Jules as their respective contracts were cheap to begin with.

If they were paid $8m a year then your point on rookie deals at WR would be applicable

My point is Mitchell and Cooks rookie deals did not enable BB to pay DA, Hogs and to a lesser extent Jules as their respective contracts were cheap to begin with.

Guess we disagree then because having five deep is directly attributable to that style cap management both in having the rookie deals available as well as having a ceiling on how much to pay WRs as a whole group. The stable he had coming into camp was set up similarly - injuries just derailed the plan.

The only mitigation? Predicting the future - obviously not in BB's bag of tricks.

Last edited:
Guess we disagree then because having five deep is directly attributable to that style cap management both in having the rookie deals available as well as having a ceiling on how much to pay WRs as a whole group. The stable he had coming into camp was set up similarly - injuries just derailed the plan.

The only mitigation? Predicting the future - obviously not in BB's bag of tricks.
What injuries in 2018? All the contracts were in place?

A majority of NFL teams are 5 deep at WR.

What team has a wr5 that is any good?
Hansen probably is a typical 5.

Matthews and Britt - both released for injury. There's your five.

Matthews and Britt - both released for injury. There's your five.
Which have nothing to do with Jules, DA and Hogs in 2016-2017

I asked you to define good
And I said define it however you want.
I guess from all your ojida over WRs in would be better than Patterson and Dorsett and Hansen.

And I said define it however you want.
I guess from all your ojida over WRs in would be better than Patterson and Dorsett and Hansen.
A player that can make catches and help in the running game.

Hansen, Patterson and Dorsett MIGHT be good here.

A player that can make catches and help in the running game.

Hansen, Patterson and Dorsett MIGHT be good here.
I’m asking you which teams have good wr5s in response to you saying a majority of nfl teams are 5 deep at WR.
I couldnt care less about being 5 deep if #5 is no good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back