Status
Not open for further replies.

Against:
Barrett
JPP
Suh
Vea

GentleVariableApe-size_restricted.gif

Someone in another thread was comparing the hype about the KC "unstoppable" offense to the run-up to SB 42. If you can't win in the trenches it doesn't matter if you have Kelce and Hill. You aren't going to move the ball.

Someone in another thread was comparing the hype about the KC "unstoppable" offense to the run-up to SB 42. If you can't win in the trenches it doesn't matter if you have Kelce and Hill. You aren't going to move the ball.

Brady is due for one of those games like the super bowl against Philly but with a different outcome.

Pre-game thoughts:

a.) Gotta like the match up between the Bucs' pass rushers and KC's OL missing two tackles.

b.) Still have to contain Mahomes to the pocket. If he gets out the tackle area....he's waaayyy too dangerous.

c.) I hope both Whitehead and Winfield will suit up...we need to have a top on that offense to keep Tyreek Hill from BIG plays.

d.) Kelce is gonna be a problem no matter what....but if they can keep Hill from making big plays...I like the Bucs D's chance in keeping the Chiefs 27ppg or under.

e.) I'd lean heavily on Fournette/Ronald Jones in this game....just pound the ball and put Brady in 3rd and shorts....

f.) I don't think the Bucs are gonna recover any turnovers....Mahomes has only thrown 2 interceptions (vs. 17 TD's) in the playoffs....and I don't see the Chiefs fumbling the ball either. The Bucs will need to be perfect offensively to score 27+......

g.) AB is gonna help a lot in the Superbowl, IMO.

This article was before the AFCCG, but it's still interesting. Basically the Chiefs have been the luckiest team in the history of the 16-game schedule over the last half of the season:

Can The Kansas City Chiefs Keep Getting This Lucky?

chiefshalf.png
Even looking at the full season, they have over-performed their Pythagorean at a historic rate:

chiefsfull.png

At first glance, the Chiefs’ defense wasn’t bad; they finished tied for 10th in points allowed and 16th in yards allowed. But they had the worst red-zone defense in the NFL according to Pro-Football-Reference.com, allowing touchdowns on a whopping 76.6 percent of opponent drives that reached the red zone. The Chiefs finished 22nd in defensive DVOA and 24th in weighted DVOA — meaning they were less effective later in the season.

That's not going to help them against a TB offense that has put up over 30 points against better defenses.

The Bucs can’t do what they’ve been doing on defense and hope to hold them to 27 or under. They need to attack this offense using Big Nickel/Big Dime personnel. I’d align Suh and Vea as my two base DTs and have JPP and Barrett at the edges, not in a 3-point stance. Stand them up and move them around the LoS pre-snap to create confusion in KC’s blocking assignments. David as the Sam and White as the Will/Hybrid SS since he has the speed to do it. Sub him out for an additional SS (if they have the depth once the game starts) if they want to move into Big Dime. Whitehead and Winfield as traditional FS/SS. This puts the speed on the field to go man with Kelce while taking away as much as possible over the top.

When we played them, we stayed in Dime most of the game. I’m not sure Tampa will have the personnel to do that. Give them Cover-1 looks disguised at the snap and flood the middle hook. One of those guys in zone coverage should be the Robber. Hopefully this will lead to Mahomes having to hold the ball longer to let the front get home against the JV O-line KC will be trotting out.

Fire BB !. Fire Josh! . Sell the Team or Move the team to St Louis !
(i am hoping one of these threads gets there for kicks :))

Cue Robert Parker calling Brady the LOAT b/c of this.

I think the LOAT is Eli, with injuries to Stephen Neal in SB 42 and Gronk before SB 46 making it easier on his teams.
He hasn't said anything but he retweeted a guy saying that GB going for 3 is why Tom is the LOAT.

Yep, Hill and Kelce over Godwin and Evans every day and twice on Sunday.

Tyreek Hill put up 269 yards and 3 touchdowns in the meeting earlier in the season, they will surely do better than that but they're beat up in the secondary and he's a nightmare matchup.

Did you actually just predict hill to do better than 269 yards and 3td? In the Superbowl no less?

You're not familiar with football are you?

KC's D isn't as good as the Bucs, but their DTs are pretty legit, and Chris Jones might find himself in position to take advantage of the weakness on the Bucs OL, which is the back up guard. I was saying all week how GB matched up badly vs TB. KC matches up much better, but they aren't automatically a bad match up. Both teams will find themselves in position to exploit certain weaknesses the other has. The question will be which does it better.

Ahhh I get to watch the game with a big smile as I’ll be taking a nice profit no matter who wins. Go bucs

Here's the entire gameplan and a full video of our scouting team breaking down film for players. Also, Tom has struggled throwing to the left hash marks, just in case defenses missed that one, and he's been frustrated with Chris Godwin's inability to run a quick slant, so we'll limit Godwin only to the sidelines. AB is doing a lot better, but if someone were to hit him directly on the kneecap, he's through. Will update you more tomorrow.

-Bruce Arians

do you try Davis on Kelce? he seems to handle the bigger receivers pretty well. his problem is he usually is getting burned by speedsters. Kelce has 4 inches and 45 pounds on him but Graham had about 6-7 inches and 60 pounds on Talib

Hope so...at some point, we must receive our divine justice for Kelce's inability to block, right?

Did you actually just predict hill to do better than 269 yards and 3td? In the Superbowl no less?

You're not familiar with football are you?

You should probably try learning how to read first before commenting on how familiar someone is with football.

The Bucs will surely do better than that defensively, they even did in the first meeting 200 of his yards came in the first quarter.

Last edited:
Hope so...at some point, we must receive our divine justice for Kelce's inability to block, right?
maybe the OL situation will be the same. the only clips I’ve seen of that game are Brady’s 48 attempts. disgraceful performance by the OL that night even though they lost Neal early in the game. it seemed Brady had someone in his face almost every throw. pretty much turned into the throw it to welker game/screen passes

You should probably try learning how to read first before commenting on how familiar someone is with football.

The Bucs will surely do better than that defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back