PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but probably worth repeating even if stated before as some bad puns are worth repeating.

Sanchez set a new bench mark for poor QB play.

Idiot NYDN columnist Gary Myers gives us the back story on the Sanchez-Ryan bromance... Talk about a collection of misfits drafting their franchise QB based on funloving personality.

I feel for McElroy because his hands are going to be tied going forward if he starts for this crew. Reportedly Woody wants him to while Sparano and Tannenbaum prefer to remain with Sanchez. Rex will ultimately make the call...once he decides whether or not he wants to have a job next season working with a new GM and OC or simply go down with the ship.

NY Jets quarterback fiasco between Greg McElroy, Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow may end up costing Rex Ryan his job - NY Daily News

I'd like to point out that as nice as it would be to see the Jets lose out the rest of the season, I was actually happy to see them win so ugly on Sunday. I'd much rather see the Jets drafting in the mid teens each round than in the top 8. Don't forget that generally there are about 5-7 true "blue chip" prospects in every draft. After around the 8th pick to the mid 20's the talent curve is very similar. Then the next bump goes from high 20's to around the mid 40's.

One of the fastest cures for a team is to get a couple of "blue chip" draft picks. I don't want the Jets getting a shot at one of "sure fire" guys, even though they'd likely screw it up. Let them have to get lucky with a mid round pick to improve. 7-9 is a perfect record for them as far as I'm concerned.

stop worrying Ken...its the Jets...it's what they do..sukk...for 44 years straight with no end in sight....mid rounds,early rounds, no rounds, they ALWAYS Gholston/Ducasse it up....

I'd like to point out that as nice as it would be to see the Jets lose out the rest of the season, I was actually happy to see them win so ugly on Sunday. I'd much rather see the Jets drafting in the mid teens each round than in the top 8. Don't forget that generally there are about 5-7 true "blue chip" prospects in every draft. After around the 8th pick to the mid 20's the talent curve is very similar. Then the next bump goes from high 20's to around the mid 40's.

One of the fastest cures for a team is to get a couple of "blue chip" draft picks. I don't want the Jets getting a shot at one of "sure fire" guys, even though they'd likely screw it up. Let them have to get lucky with a mid round pick to improve. 7-9 is a perfect record for them as far as I'm concerned.

The Rats went from pick #9 to #14 after their stomping of Arizona.

Great Blue North Draft Report

Last edited:
Summing up what it is that makes the Jets the Jets. I give you Braylon Edwards:

Instead, Edwards said, Jets fans should blame “the idiots calling the shots.”

Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will probe it when given a proper chance

Braylon on the Jets: “Blame the idiots calling the shots” | ProFootballTalk

“I would like to apologize to the Jets family and my fans for my emotional outburst. Mark is a friend and former teammate, who I wholeheartedly support. Nonetheless, I have disrespected and insulted an administration that I have the utmost respect for,” Edwards wrote.

Braylon Edwards apologizes for saying Jets are run by “idiots” | ProFootballTalk

Braylon Edwards is a Seahawk no more.

Seattle has waived Edwards, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Report: Seahawks cut Braylon Edwards | ProFootballTalk

A WR calling the leadership of his WR-desperate former team "idiots" just hours before he gets cut.......

th

Last edited:
Summing up what it is that makes the Jets the Jets. I give you Braylon Edwards:

"Instead, Edwards said, Jets fans should blame “the idiots calling the shots.”

Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will probe it when given a proper chance. "

Braylon on the Jets: “Blame the idiots calling the shots” | ProFootballTalk

I had to check the article to make sure, and it looks like he DID say "probe it"....

Oookayyyyyy........

:eek:

Interesting WFAN (Francessa) podcast about the state of the Jets and some behind-the-scenes stuff:

Audio On Demand « CBS New York

Reportedly, for example, Ryan has had final say on every draft pick since 2009.

Green Beans fans Sunday night celebrate big win over Arizona:

Attachments

• Toe sucking guys in hot tub.jpg
    Toe sucking guys in hot tub.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 231
Mayhem documented ...

Attachments

• 12:12 Post 1.jpg
    12:12 Post 1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 12:12 Post 2.jpg
    12:12 Post 2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 202
$17 million to cut Sanchez is the kind of gift that keeps on giving.

Seems like such a steep price to get back to square 1. Bet they miss the early Sanchez days, when they could soar straight to the middle virtually for free.

On the other hand, they're not that much worse off than usual... tied for second in the division and doomed to watch the Pats on TV in January. Again.

PFnV

Hey, I wonder if all that talk about how Fairfield County, CT was 40% Jest fans will go away. The one Jest fan in my neighborhood took his Jest license plate bracket off at some point in the last month or so. Maybe the screws were loose...

Hey, I wonder if all that talk about how Fairfield County, CT was 40% Jest fans will go away. The one Jest fan in my neighborhood took his Jest license plate bracket off at some point in the last month or so. Maybe the screws were loose...
The screws came loose on the car, but I think it's a sign that the screws are tightenibg back in his head. Probably too much to expect him to become a Pats fan, but at least soon he'll be a recovering Jetaholic. :)

They're gunna start Sanchez. :singing:

For your lulz:

A. Find a trade partner willing to give up a conditional late round draft choice. I cant see anyone in the NFL willing to pay $8.25 million for Sanchez but if you can find someone willing to spend $4.3 million for him you can break even on the cap. What you would do in this case is pay Sanchez a $3.95 million dollar bonus before the trade is sent to the league office. The trading team picks up the balance of the $4.3 million dollar guarantee. The cap hit for the Jets would equal $12,853,125, exactly the cost of keeping him on the roster next season, leaving the team with a net zero cap effect. While it might seem crazy Sanchez does have some pedigree and I think a team like the Steelers, who need a quality backup, or Cardinals, who need a starter, could bite.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mark Sanchez' Contract and Future Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing