PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans Executive resigns

Scotty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Texans President Jamey Rootes has resigned , as they say "another one bites the dust"

wonder what the odds are on Easterby ascending to team president? 3 to 1 would be my guess...

Watching their entire organization run into a wall in real time is quite bizarre. I said it before and I will say it again.. boy am I happy that we got rid of that Easterby weirdo.
Did he flee the Pats because of Kraft's little strip mall HJ escapade didn't align with his ~values~?

If so that was the best $20 tuggie in sports history haha

He's a business side guy. Nobody would give a rat's ass about this clown resigning if it wasn't for the already established narrative.

Man Easterbunny is good. He prob manipulated Cal and Nick to do the dirty work for him so he can just slide in to the President role.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 3.11.33 PM.png

Looks like Caserio will have his hands full between the front office cull and a team full of players , incl the QB , who are not too happy with how things are going so far ? Could be an entertaining sage to follow.

Did he flee the Pats because of Kraft's little strip mall HJ escapade didn't align with his ~values~?
That was all so bizarre. We know Easterby was exploring other opportunities, because he was set to follow McDaniels to Indy a year earlier. He tried really hard to make it look like he was leaving because of Kraft, though.

He's a business side guy. Nobody would give a rat's ass about this clown resigning if it wasn't for the already established narrative.
Just because this has no football consequences doesn't mean there are no insights to be made. People in high positions don't like where that train is headed.

He's been there for 20 years. If it was a retirement I would say make it is a coincidence but resigning sends a different message.

He's been there for 20 years. If it was a retirement I would say make it is a coincidence but resigning sends a different message.

High level people resign all the time. This wouldn't even have been a 5 second story without the narrative. Hell, when Amy Trask resigned from the Raiders, despite her status as the "First woman..... !", the earth kept turning.

Reports say he wanted to resign over the choice of Caserio as GM who he was against.
New England destroying other teams one day at a time
If that’s true, that’s at least two people within the organization that didn’t want Caserio. Looking at our recent drafts, it isn’t far-fetched to figure out why.

High level people resign all the time. This wouldn't even have been a 5 second story without the narrative. Hell, when Amy Trask resigned from the Raiders, despite her status as the "First woman..... !", the earth kept turning.
Very hard to ignore the "narrative" thats been going on down there, as it has directly impacted the Patriots, and involved multiple former Patriots personnel in the on going saga

If that’s true, that’s at least two people within the organization that didn’t want Caserio. Looking at our recent drafts, it isn’t far-fetched to figure out why.
Yep...Don't know why teams continue to hire Bill's former slappies...Flores being the exception to the rule...so far...

Yep...Don't know why teams continue to hire Bill's former slappies...Flores being the exception to the rule...so far...
I think this was the first year that we didn't see any of our assistants leave for other jobs. I think the next hot coach that teams will want to interview will be Mayo. Doubt Steven B. is getting any interviews ;) ;)

BOB did some good things in HOU but his erratic in -game management, personality and personnel decisions finally caught up to him

Easterby is a snake like Littlefinger in Game of Thrones. Somehow has the owner's ear but a total cancer.

Easterby is a snake like Littlefinger in Game of Thrones. Somehow has the owner's ear but a total cancer.

Pretty good analogy. Honestly, what did that guy do here that was so special for him to have so much imput? It’s nuts, I know Ernie Adams is an enigma to a lot of NFL people and fans but I have to admit, so is Easterby in a douche sort of way. Like somehow he is going to snake the ownership from the Houston owner and have the franchise put in his name in some shady “sign this” deception.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back