PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans announce "themes" for 2013 home games; Pats game is "homecoming"

But make no mistake, you better believe the Texans will be looking forward to getting you guys on our turf this time. Cushing was just cleared by Dr Andrews yesterday and fuul go Thank God. He completely changes our Defense. J Joseph was hurt all last year also and is now finally 100%. Heck, even JJ Watt said he was hurt last year and is looking forward to seeing where he can take his game now. Our studs at each level will be full go and Ed Reed is just a compliment for the stretch run, as we drafted DJ Swearinger to patrol the box.

I know you probably think this game is going to be a cake. But its not going to be.

You can say the same thing about pretty much any team. The Texans were lucky enough to get the Patriots playing without Gronk and Chandler Jones, and Talib left that game with an injury (Dennard also got hurt in that game, but it wasn't until the fourth quarter).

On the other hand, every player who caught a pass for the Patriots in the December game (and every non-RB who caught a pass in the playoff game) is no longer with the team, so I really have no idea what to expect. I do expect the Pats to win any game that they play against the Texans, though, because Brady in particular is just too good against the style of defense that you guys play. Doesn't mean it'll be a cakewalk, but I will remain confident until the the Texans' D proves that it can hold the Pats under 40 points.

I love the Swearinger pick for you guys, though - when all the projections had him falling into the 3rd/4th round territory, I was hoping the Pats would get him, and even where the Texans picked him, I don't think he was a reach.

Wait. Are you saying the Oilers players will be there too?

I'm not being a smart-alek, I'm asking. Are people like billy "White Shoes" Johnson pissed off at the Tennessee move?

Absolutely. Earl Campbell, White shoes, Moon, etc typically there. Some are upset, some are not. Big Earl refuses to go to Tenn for Dud Adams for a similar honor deal. Moon goes, despite never playing a game in Nash. All support Texans as if they played for them.

From what I read the players are going to be required to wear the letterman jackets as part of the promotion, regardless of how it came about last year.

I do firmly believe that motivation still plays an important part in the outcome of many NFL games. Belichick has long used the disrespect card to get the most from his players (e.g., when Bill Cowher told the Steeler players to get all Super Bowl details done in the week prior to the AFCCG against the Patriots).

Some more here: Texans schedule Patriots for Week 13 'Homecoming' game - CBSSports.com

But the Pats game really, really stands out. It's not sponsored; it simply says "Homecoming."

If there's some other logic behind this other than a similar premise to the letterman jackets, I'm happy to listen, but that's sure what it sounds like to me.

It was clear the Pats didn't appreciate the letterman jackets at the time.

"They look cute," a Patriots player told CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman of the Texans jackets. "They look like a high school swim team."

And it's unlikely they'll appreciate being listed as the "Homecoming" team on Houston's schedule. When you book homecoming in, ahem, high school or college, you almost always make sure to have the cream-puffiest team available coming into town.

The Patriots obviously aren't anywhere close to a pushover (not that any NFL team is) and they just got handed a big old bulletin board's worth of material it to get pumped up for this varsity-level matchup.​

I think it is fantastic that the old-time players are being honored. I just think that either (a) a different term for the event should have been used, or (b) it should have been scheduled for the game against the Jaguars, and (c) the letter jackets should not have been revived.​

First I have heard of the letter jackets, and havent found it yet. And sooner or later your point is simply negated by a better team on that day. We can say, well we didnt get their "best" that day because we didn't "provoke" them that day... But thats on your end. Its not a given that the Pats are simply impossible to beat just because we labeled this our "homecoming" game and now you feel disrespected. Mountain out of a molehill if you ask me. It has nothing to do whether the Texans play their best or not, and I find it hard to believe the Texans will need any extra motivation themselves after the last two results and this one being at home. I can tell you the environment from the fans may very well be the most hostile it has ever been that Sunday. This one we want.... BAD.​

We never had gronk..........

The fact that I hate the texans so much I hope we crush you guys into little Texas hamburgers. And the hate has been fueled since your lb I believe nailed cutler illegally. Be ready for the patriots and your jackets.

Who is coming off of back surgery. And you still had Hernandez, and just saw a stat on ESPN you lost 84% of your receptions from last year when you include Gronk who coming off a surgery.

Honestly, I hate the injury excuse. But I can tell you how I felt when Cush went down in week 5. Then and there I knew our season was truly over (in terms of Super Bowl), just like season before the moment Schaub went down. Especially when our #1 CB was hobbled, who was so pivotal in our D carrying us the year before despite losing Schaub... Further compounded by both backup ILBs going down also. Our D was extremely exposed by good QBs... Especially up the middle. We simply did not have the resources anymore. I simply cannot underestimate the importance of Cushing.

Still certainly doesnt guarantee anything, and Cush could get hurt again... This is the NFL after all. But I like our chances A LOT more w him AND at home.

Feel free to bookmark me, but as of now... I see this as a statement game for us and you're not going to like it.

I have a ton of respect for yalls team and organization, and you should take it as a compliment we want this one so bad.

Whos ready for the ride???

I'm not really sure why we need an anti-Texans thread. A bunch of us went to their forum and had some good discussions last year and the Texans fans who game here were very cool. There's so many douchebag fan bases out there to fight with as it is. If they want to have jackets and home coming good for them. It's a different part of the country and if they don't have an issue with it than I really don't.

I'm not really sure why we need an anti-Texans thread. A bunch of us went to their forum and had some good discussions last year and the Texans fans who game here were very cool. There's so many douchebag fan bases out there to fight with as it is. If they want to have jackets and home coming good for them. It's a different part of the country and if they don't have an issue with it than I really don't.

This is what I'm saying. :cool:

I'm not anti-Texas...I'm anti Rick Perry..

...Perry...minga...I know that name...eeee's poleetical...

image03.jpg

:ban:

Who is coming off of back surgery. And you still had Hernandez, and just saw a stat on ESPN you lost 84% of your receptions from last year when you include Gronk who coming off a surgery.

Honestly, I hate the injury excuse. But I can tell you how I felt when Cush went down in week 5. Then and there I knew our season was truly over (in terms of Super Bowl), just like season before the moment Schaub went down. Especially when our #1 CB was hobbled, who was so pivotal in our D carrying us the year before despite losing Schaub... Further compounded by both backup ILBs going down also. Our D was extremely exposed by good QBs... Especially up the middle. We simply did not have the resources anymore. I simply cannot underestimate the importance of Cushing.

Still certainly doesnt guarantee anything, and Cush could get hurt again... This is the NFL after all. But I like our chances A LOT more w him AND at home.

Feel free to bookmark me, but as of now... I see this as a statement game for us and you're not going to like it.

I have a ton of respect for yalls team and organization, and you should take it as a compliment we want this one so bad.

Whos ready for the ride???

You keep mentioning Gronk coming off surgery. Who is to say Cushing will be the same player coming off of his injury?

From all reports so far Gronk is progressing well.

All support Texans as if they played for them.

No they don't, actually.

They support Houston.

It's the Fans ~ not the Franchise ~ that matters.

If anyone doubts that: try financing a League without Fans. :eek:

It's the Fan Base that matters when counting Rings.

Baltimore, for instance, has 3 Super Bowl Championships.

And Indianapolis has 1.

Few of their Fans rooted for Johny Unitas.

Therefore, saying that "the Colts" have won 2 Super Bowls is actually meaningless.

Ed had hip surgery because brady played footsie with him....

First I have heard of the letter jackets, and havent found it yet. And sooner or later your point is simply negated by a better team on that day. We can say, well we didnt get their "best" that day because we didn't "provoke" them that day... But thats on your end. Its not a given that the Pats are simply impossible to beat just because we labeled this our "homecoming" game and now you feel disrespected. Mountain out of a molehill if you ask me. It has nothing to do whether the Texans play their best or not, and I find it hard to believe the Texans will need any extra motivation themselves after the last two results and this one being at home. I can tell you the environment from the fans may very well be the most hostile it has ever been that Sunday. This one we want.... BAD.

Don't take it personal (you know, wrong words - what ever you call via team stuff). If this did not happen we'd need to make something up to be properly "disrespected." I don't know why, but that fuels us as fans (and supposedly the team = how I'm not terribly sure all the time.)

Oh, BTW, he's right. Non-sponsored day usually reserved for a cream puff? Either you have "special" people in PR (or whatever department) or that was a shot.

No they don't, actually.

They support Houston.

It's the Fans ~ not the Franchise ~ that matters.

If anyone doubts that: try financing a League without Fans. :eek:

It's the Fan Base that matters when counting Rings.

Baltimore, for instance, has 3 Super Bowl Championships.

And Indianapolis has 1.

Few of their Fans rooted for Johny Unitas.

Therefore, saying that "the Colts" have won 2 Super Bowls is actually meaningless.

Fair enough. Though Im not sure we are all that far off on this tbh, and seems to be splitting hairs a bit.

Don't take it personal (you know, wrong words - what ever you call via team stuff). If this did not happen we'd need to make something up to be properly "disrespected." I don't know why, but that fuels us as fans (and supposedly the team = how I'm not terribly sure all the time.)

Oh, BTW, he's right. Non-sponsored day usually reserved for a cream puff? Either you have "special" people in PR (or whatever department) or that was a shot.

Definitely not taking it personal. We have a "theme" every home game. It is what it is, kinda gay imo. But as a newer franchise (that is run very very well from a business standpoint and in first class fashion) I can understand it the idea behind it and its of no harm with good intentions.

Like everyone here, I am tweaking for some real football talk and the Lastros just arent doing it for me. Btw, yall SUCK for having such competitive teams in every single friggin sport. :D

If anyone is quoting me, this program put back earlier in the thread. I was assuming my origional words were confusing as I repeated myself in different words while quietly counting, "strike two." I apologize to anyone wasting time replying to anything asked and answered.

Fair enough. Though Im not sure we are all that far off on this tbh, and seems to be splitting hairs a bit.

No offense, Bro: I wasn't playing SharpShooter on you.

I just thought it an interesting Point: Didn't mean it to come off as a Lecture ~ I do that, sometimes. ;)

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back