PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Jared Cook ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d still take a look at ASJ. Red zone threat when healthy.

We need to trade up in the teens for Hock
Go from Gronk to Hock sounds fitting.

Trading up might not be a bad idea if Fant drops far enough. I don't think they'd trade into the top 10 in order to get Hockenson.

I’d still take a look at ASJ. Red zone threat when healthy.

Came in here to type this exact thing. If Cook is a done deal to the Saints, I'd take a good look at this guy.

Hopefuly Cook didn’t sign a contract yet because he was waiting for a Gronk update. We will know tomorrow.

That would take a lot of draft capital. Doubt they pull that trigger.

We don't need him we have Matt lacrosse.:rolleyes:

Came in here to type this exact thing. If Cook is a done deal to the Saints, I'd take a good look at this guy.
Sure, I guess. He’s never had more than 400 yds in a season and hasn’t been much of a blocker, though. Unfortunately, there’s not much left at the position aside from a trade.

Sure, I guess. He’s never had more than 400 yds in a season and hasn’t been much of a blocker, though. Unfortunately, there’s not much left at the position aside from a trade.
Is there really anything available in trade? He'll there's only a handful of quality TE's in the league, and I'm sure they're not being traded.

Is there really anything available in trade? He'll there's only a handful of quality TE's in the league, and I'm sure they're not being traded.
Yeah, it would have to be one helluva trade proposal.

I say give Cook a call, resign Ghost, and throw some of our extra cap space to Suh on an one year deal.....hmmmm hmmmm....

Trading up might not be a bad idea if Fant drops far enough. I don't think they'd trade into the top 10 in order to get Hockenson.

I could see this IF Hock is within the top 15 range.

Top 10 is probably unlikely...

Send TB a 3rd for OJ Howard

I doubt that Tampa would be interested in trading Howard.

Brate, on the other hand, is an interesting possibility. Good, not great, all around TE but Tampa can’t afford a 7 million cap charge this year for a backup. He’d likely have to agree to a pay cut or re-structure before the Pats win trade for him, because I also doubt that BB would want to take on his current salary, even with Gronk’s cap charge coming off of their books.

Last edited:
Could someone explain the details of a "post 6/1 trade". Could a trade happen before 6/1 but be designated as a post 6/1 trade? They do this with cuts I believe.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering if a trade for Zach Ertz is viable with Dallas Goedert waiting in the wings. A pre 6/1 trade means they'd take a 10.5m dead cap hit and only save 1.5m but a post 6/1 trade increases their cap saving to 8m this year and stretches their dead cap into 2020.

I'm not good on the cap and I have no idea if this trade is at all viable, but I was just looking for options.

Could someone explain the details of a "post 6/1 trade". Could a trade happen before 6/1 but be designated as a post 6/1 trade? They do this with cuts I believe.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering if a trade for Zach Ertz is viable with Dallas Goedert waiting in the wings. A pre 6/1 trade means they'd take a 10.5m dead cap hit and only save 1.5m but a post 6/1 trade increases their cap saving to 8m this year and stretches their dead cap into 2020.

I'm not good on the cap and I have no idea if this trade is at all viable, but I was just looking for options.

On the NFL's June 1 Rules, and Why the Patriots Rarely Need Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back