PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Jared Cook ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That account always seemed like Loyko on steroids including the weird racism. Wish he'd go to the same quiet place as Loyko did.

We'd be better served if Loyko came back.

Has Jared Cook officially signed w/the Saints yet ? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

Has Jared Cook officially signed w/the Saints yet ? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

Nothing official. Maybe just maybe the Pats changed his mind and Gilmore’s restructuring was Cook-related. OK, chances of that are very low....but not zero. Your mind clearly thinks the same way that mine does.

Nothing official. Maybe just maybe the Pats changed his mind and Gilmore’s restructuring was Cook-related. OK, chances of that are very low....but not zero. Your mind clearly thinks the same way that mine does.
The last sentence, I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Just kidding.

Cook was a guy I really wanted for the Pats, and I find it really weird, since it seemed like it was tweeted that the deal was almost done, and that was 3 days ago I think.

If they think Gronk is ready to go for the season, then we are fine at TE. I can see them adding one in the draft but that is about it. Gronk/Hollister/LaCosse/Izzo is fine to start the season

The last sentence, I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Just kidding.

Cook was a guy I really wanted for the Pats, and I find it really weird, since it seemed like it was tweeted that the deal was almost done, and that was 3 days ago I think.

Yeah, that should scare you a little bit. Haha. I don’t understand people who wouldn’t want him on the patriots, for the right price, of course. With Brady throwing to him, I don’t see how he wouldn’t be a major weapon for them.

I know he may be a mediocre blocker, particularly given his massive size, but he is physical, does not avoid contact We are not talking about delicate flower like Jimmy Graham. Given his relatively limited usage until last year, he probably has more tread on his tires than a lot of 31-year-old tight ends.

Why is this thread still going on? He signed with the Saints. Time to move on.

Does anyone think that maybe the Pats couldn’t sign Cook because he just didn’t want to go there especially with the uncertainty of Gronk? He’s without question the #1 TE with the Saints.

Why is this thread still going on? He signed with the Saints. Time to move on.

Does anyone think that maybe the Pats couldn’t sign Cook because he just didn’t want to go there especially with the uncertainty of Gronk? He’s without question the #1 TE with the Saints.
Do you have the link to show he signed with the Saints ? Last I saw, there were tweets saying he is close to signing with the Saints. That was yesterday. EVERY article I pull up states "as they're expected to sign top free-agent tight end Jared Cook, sources told Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport of NFL Network."

Never saw an article that says he SIGNED with the Saints.

Do you have the link to show he signed with the Saints ? Last I saw, there were tweets saying he is close to signing with the Saints. That was yesterday. EVERY article I pull up states "as they're expected to sign top free-agent tight end Jared Cook, sources told Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport of NFL Network."

Yeah! The two reports are from Florio and Rapoport. Those guys are never, ever wrong.
Show me confirmation from the Saints, the player or Schefty. Otherwise, its not over.

Remember Anthony Barr. Remember AB to the Bills.

Am I the person who just changed his Wikipedia page from the Saints back to free agent, because that is technically still accurate? No comment.

so you're saying theres a chance

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure how much interest the Patriots actually had in Cook. He never had a meeting with the team. In any event, even with Gronk playing another year you'd have to think Cook would get as many snaps in NE as he would in NO.

Nope...no Jared Cook

ba13b530a1f1d38d44401f94758dca61.png

I just read that his agent as of 6:40 was exclusively negotiating with the Saints on a contract.

Their is no contract unless the league receives the paperwork....which they haven't. Jared wants to be TE1. Possible he waited for a Gronk update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes