PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Jared Cook ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron Brate can be had. Super red zone. Played hurt last year. His CAP number is too high for Bucs.
DW Toys
Would we think he’s worth the money though? No signing bonus so his entire cap charge comes our way, and there are guarantees in the contract too:
Cameron Brate Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

He does appear to be a cheaper alternative to Cook and he’s younger, so he has that going for him. My understanding is that like Cook his blocking isn’t exceptional, but I have no idea myself.

Here’s what Belichick had to say about Brate in 2017:
On tight end Cameron Brate: "Yeah, I mean, their tight ends are good. Brate’s done a good job for them. He’s done a good job in the passing game. He’s caught a lot of touchdowns in the last two years, more than any other tight end, so a good receiver, very dependable, knows how to get open. They’ve got a lot of confidence in him. They go to him in critical situations with option routes and in the red area, things like that. He’s been productive for them. I’m sure they like him. I can see why. He’s done a good job."
Cameron Brate

Cameron Brate can be had. Super red zone. Played hurt last year. His CAP number is too high for Bucs.
DW Toys
7M caphit. Would come cheap imo in terms of draft capital

7M caphit. Would come cheap imo in terms of draft capital

The only issue re draft capital is that teams with a TE to trade know it's a sellers market as far as we're concerned. BB/Caserio will need to set boundaries on what they're prepared to give up.

Teams have us over a barrel when we call for trades now.
They know we have the cap the draft picks but unfortunate for us they know we have immense needs for game changers On O.

Any team looking to make a trade has a need, otherwise they wouldn't be trading.

Cook is an OK TE. Never did anything great in any particular season. Let's not talk about him like he would be an adequate replacement. Gronk was irreplaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes