PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday Games Thread: Bills/Jaguars and Panthers/Saints

I have a little bit of money on Saints -18.5 - i'm thinking that drop back Cam is going to struggle to move the ball - possibly pick time.

Lets go Saints!!

Saints will likely win this one. Good team. That said, I don't see them getting by Minnesota. Just a bad matchup against that D.
They all say that maybe true but its in a Dome and we don't suck

Flacco won it in 2012. Peyton Manning's corpse won it in 2015.
Last 7 games (someone else posted that time frame):

Vikings: 6-1 and have outscored their opponents 165-87

Time for you to head down to a local vision center for an eye exam.

I was referring to the Falcons. Meacculps,should've clarified that.
I'm aware of what the Vikes have done..BUT Atlanta has the most talented of any NFC team .they were a mystery to me most of the season but look like clicking on all cylinders now.
When I look at Pats, Steelers,Saints,Falcons I see all 4 with good Ds and very good explosive,mutidimensional O's. But the big difference is all 4 have elite QBs,who if you're down by a couple scores,can bring their teams back.
Case Keenum ain't doing that vs. any of the above teams.

Flacco won it in 2012. Peyton Manning's corpse won it in 2015.

Mark Sanchez got to the AFCCG for 2 consecutive years, for crying out loud. If that can happen, damned near anything is possible in football.

Still, neither Flacco nor Manning sucked as much as Dilfer.

I'm aware of what the Vikes have done..BUT Atlanta has the most talented of any NFC team .they were a mystery to me most of the season but look like clicking on all cylinders now.
When I look at Pats, Steelers,Saints,Falcons I see all 4 with good Ds and very good explosive,mutidimensional O's. But the big difference is all 4 have elite QBs,who if you're down by a couple scores,can bring their teams back.
Falcons offense isn't clicking. They put up 14-17 if against an average Rams D if the ST doesn't go full ******

Atlanta's new Offensive coordinator is an idiot. That's why they won't make it to the big game. When you have a Julio Jones you throw it to him!!! All the time! Every time! Look at his red zone targets for the year. It's freaking moronic.

do the panthers ever get ****ing flags thrown on them? 1 thrown on them today. and against us they had 1 compared to our 11….

I agree with the four teams that you picked, but would also add the Vikings to the list because of their defense.

This game's over. Saints vs Vikings in a rematch of the first game of the season.

Amazing how different watching a game played in a dome. No one slipping every other play like the Rams/Falcons game. No wind to impact throws or FG's. No dropped balls due to cold or wet weather. How different would the Minnesota game be next week if they played outside?

There are only 2 truly "elite" QBs in the NFL right now, in the sense of a QB who can consistently elevate his team, and one of them is at home watching the playoffs with Danica Patrick. Keenum could wet himself at any time, but he hasn't shown many signs of doing that, lately.

No he can't. The NFL was totally different then. That TB team would have NO shot at a SB today.

Denver just recently won a Super Bowl with a washed up Peyton Manning 2 years ago. Their defense (with some clutch plays from their offense) led them to a championship. When Tampa won it all in 2003, their offense was efficient and made clutch plays when they had to. Their D was their identity, but their offense contributed. Same goes for the 2000-2001 Ravens.

I’m sorry, but that comment is just ridiculous. Sure the game is different but that defense was great.

What’s next, the 85 Bears wouldn’t have a chance either? Great defenses will always make a team competitive as long as the offense doesn’t screw the pooch.

Do I really have to catalog all the rules changes and points of emphasis since 2002?
In 2002, the 5yd Chuck was not enforced.
That alone pprobably eliminates the bucs. But then add all the changes regarding where and how you can hit a QB or wr and TB has no chance. Neither would that 1st Ravens team. Today having just a great defense is not going to be enough. You gotta have a QB who's at least good. I didn't say elite. But good. A jag game manager qb and a great d can't win a SB today.

OK is it Superman time or Superfly?

Cam has officially checked out! Lol. What a trooper!

Steelers offense is run it with Bell, go for the big plays in the passing game. Shut Bell down and force them to drive down the field and they struggle. This happens every single January. That’s not a diverse offense.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back