PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggestion: Trade for Manny Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather not send away draft picks. How about re-signing AB as part of settling the grievance the Pats will likely lose? If they're paying him anyway, he may as well be contributing on offense where it's sorely needed.

I'd rather not send away draft picks. How about re-signing AB as part of settling the grievance the Pats will likely lose? If they're paying him anyway, he may as well be contributing on offense where it's sorely needed.

I think that went out out the window when AB tweeted about Krafts Orchid adventures. It is kind like the saying "bite my nose off to spite my face." I also doubt the organization wants to go through more PR hell.

No need. Our WRs just need to play better and the OL needs to improve.

I think that went out out the window when AB tweeted about Krafts Orchid adventures. It is kind like the saying "bite my nose off to spite my face." I also doubt the organization wants to go through more PR hell.

Exactly. And he will screw up in November or so. When he's needed most. He's just unreliable.

The OL situation is perplexing.

The new guys (Karras and Newhouse) haven't been great, but they haven't been awful either. To my eye, the equal (if not greater) issues are Mason and Cannon, who are not playing to their 2018 form, or anywhere close; they've both been really poor at times.

First and foremost Scar needs to get the right side of the line playing the way they should be. At that point, focus on getting Karras more dialed in and weather the storm at LT until Wynn is ready.
guys are not getting open either. I am not seeing Brady get pressured within 2.3 seconds. Brady is holding the ball and actually trying to buy time in the pocket (not his strength) because no one is open.

Remember all these years people gave Brady the credit for the line play because he got rid of the ball so fast. He was making the lines look good.

We need Gronk back.

This isn't bad. Kraft should check his ego if he thinks this crossed a line:

59K5KlG.png

Can we have a rule in place where anyone advocating for a trade has to at least explain how to fit said player under the cap ?

I mean it requires half a minute to check contracts and cap space on spotrac. Is that already too much effort ?

If you come up with a reasonable way to clear up 75% of his 10.2M salary then go ahead.

But a team can be creative with cap accounting PLUS what is stopping us from trading away a player to make things fit. Speculation is welcome in my book...after all it is better than another AB thread....

Brown got the largest tackle contract in history. There was no way they could match that could they.

While you speak the truth here. I don't feel that letting Brown go can "be second guessed". He received major compensation and despite issues on the OL, overpaying Brown isn't the solution.
The Pats must have realized what they had in the guy fairly early on and possibly could have worked out an extension with him during the season. Don't know if they tried.

Exactly. And he will screw up in November or so. When he's needed most. He's just unreliable.

as I said, bet the bank on N'keal Harry making ( or having to make) crucial plays down the stretch. He will be needed.

Yesterday's game was the first game that it became obvious that we need Gronk, and he would have made a huge difference.

Indeed. The Patriots might have won with Gronk.

Can we have a rule in place where anyone advocating for a trade has to at least explain how to fit said player under the cap ?

I mean it requires half a minute to check contracts and cap space on spotrac. Is that already too much effort ?

If you come up with a reasonable way to clear up 75% of his 10.2M salary then go ahead.

And additionally project how many snaps the player would get, and who would lose those snaps in order to accommodate the addition.

Last edited:
That's not entirely true, the union makes the determination to invoke arbitration and represents Brown in the case. Brown doesn't have any choice but the union as rep through the negotiated process, and the union has a duty of fair representation to Brown but generally has multiple priorities to juggle in these cases. Brown could turn down a settlement but the union probably won't invoke if they think he wouldn't settle. Too big a risk in terms of making bad law here. In that case the Patriots would win by default.

So Brown ultimately has no way to refuse a settlement if the NFLPA can negotiate one ?

Is there trade chatter somewhere about Diggs ? Interesting, I haven't seen any of it.. is there something that Barth is basing those tweets on ?
Honestly, I’m not even sure myself. However, I did hear some early chatter during the off-season regarding a possible Diggs trade. Also, MIN is morphing into more of a running team so there may be less of a need for him. Before yesterday, they were averaging about 193 rushing ypg. It’s not like Cousins needs him anyway lol. Just speculating at this point.

Honestly, I’m not even sure myself. However, I did hear some early chatter during the off-season regarding a possible Diggs trade. Also, MIN is morphing into more of a running team so there may be less of a need for him. Before yesterday, they were averaging about 193 rushing ypg. Just speculating at this point.

I don't see it happening the Vikes are very paltry at WR after Thielen and Diggs.

Honestly, I’m not even sure myself. However, I did hear some early chatter during the off-season regarding a possible Diggs trade. Also, MIN is morphing into more of a running team so there may be less of a need for him. Before yesterday, they were averaging about 193 rushing ypg. It’s not like Cousins needs him anyway lol. Just speculating at this point.

It is 6.6M for this year if traded this week. The trade deadline is at the end of October so at that point the salary for this year would be down to around 4.5m.

I mean if Harry can't come off IR for whatever reason and Meredith is also a no-go I assume that would be doable at that point ? But seems a bit out there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore